• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

One Man Guilds??

DeletedUser

I've searched and did not find it so I am going to ask. How are one man guilds allowed to attack in the GvG provinces?

Definition of a Guild:
  1. A guild /ɡɪld/ is an association of artisans or merchants who control the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of tradesmen. They were organized in a manner something between a professional association, trade union, a cartel, and a secret society.

As you can see every word is pluralized artisan"S", merchant"S", their, they all are plural or mean more than one person. So my question again is how can a 1 man guild be allowed to fight on the map. There is one character in C world that has created a guild with only himself in it. He is at 800k points and goes around the Iron Age map...... Yes 800k fighting Iron Age??? He takes a sector and leaves only the siege army in. He never fills defense or fights for other sectors. He waits for someone to take him off the map then he goes somewhere else and does it again. While we are at battle for real on the map he just does to be a pain. It is far to expensive to be having someone coming through and doing this just to be a jerk.

Should I make a proposal are has it already been done. But I think one man guilds should not be allowed on the GvG map. Yes I know all he has to do is recruit one mare then technically he could do it anyway but he always seems to be alone. I think this should be fixed asap.

DeletedUser10076

You are unlikely to garner any support. I do believe there should be a min # of players before you can fight on a map. But others like it the way it is. I also believe once you reach a certain age you shouldn't have access to the IA/EMA maps leave those areas for the nooblets to learn the ropes.

DeletedUser

Yeah it's called ghosting/pirating. Some players dislike it because it's easy to destroy large gvg empires. Others like it because it shakes up the gvg map. It was the reasoning for the proposal to make guilds of 7 players required for gvg, and the large first siege cost.

DeletedUser3556

If one person can destroy your guilds sectors on his own then you probably don't have sufficient people defending your guilds sectors to defend against a guild of any amount of players.

DeletedUser

First off we are 6th on IA map and have had no problem with taking or keeping sectors against any other guilds. Plus I can single handedly take a sector by myself so thats not saying much even with someone fighting my siege............. Any way these are his units: http://prntscr.com/516b6s It only took him 6 mins from first attack on log to take the sector. Obviously auto-battled the whole way. We always have someone watching at all times I had literally just checked it went and did some collecting came back and we lost it.

I agree with the 7 members. Like I said guild is plural not one. It is kind of backwards to me. Inno has not though this through and should really address it. With the age thing I kinda agree I am in Industrial myself and compete on the Iron Map but I do it because I know the guild next to us is as well. Just cannot willingly throw the little guys to the wolves.

I am dumbfounded what does he get out of this anyway? The Battle Points/Medals from Iron Age cannot be worth anything to him. He has sacrificed his entire city to do what?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10266

Why do some people troll others or plunder lumber when they are in PME? Because they can. Irritating other people seems to excite some so they do what they can.

Czari

I realize this is a necro thread but it directly pertains to my question.

When I first began FoE, I read a tip for PvP that said one could attack the GvG map areas on the perimeter that were under siege and gain more points than PvP. I was in a non-GvG trading guild and knew absolutely nothing about GvG except that our guild didn't participate. I did as the tip suggested for a time but couldn't find many perimeter siege sectors so forgot about it. Now I know more about GvG and have heard the terms "ghosting" and "ghost guilds." I found this thread, read it, and the following is my question: Is it still considered ghosting when an individual does as the tip I read suggested with the only purpose being for an individual to gain some higher points here and there or only when it is done by a one-man guild with the intention of going farther into a GvG guild's area and/or doing some damage somehow to a GvG guild?

DeletedUser8152

I realize this is a necro thread but it directly pertains to my question.

When I first began FoE, I read a tip for PvP that said one could attack the GvG map areas on the perimeter that were under siege and gain more points than PvP. I was in a non-GvG trading guild and knew absolutely nothing about GvG except that our guild didn't participate. I did as the tip suggested for a time but couldn't find many perimeter siege sectors so forgot about it. Now I know more about GvG and have heard the terms "ghosting" and "ghost guilds." I found this thread, read it, and the following is my question: Is it still considered ghosting when an individual does as the tip I read suggested with the only purpose being for an individual to gain some higher points here and there or only when it is done by a one-man guild with the intention of going farther into a GvG guild's area and/or doing some damage somehow to a GvG guild?
Typically a ghost guild is a satellite guild set up to help the main guild by attacking enemies for lower siege costs.
A pirate guild might be a small guild that just attacks sectors for points and doesn't try to hold territory.
I guess that attacking landing zone sieges for points could be considered a form of piracy?

Czari

Thank you, Jaelis. I don't want to be a pirate; of course I could launch into a plundering debate again...heh. ;)

DeletedUser10415

jaelis has it right. Ghost guilds get their name from the relationship they have with a main guild.

When they're not attacking the main guild's enemies, ghost guilds are also sometimes employed defensively where the invasion zone closely borders the main guild. They can also be used to generate 'point sieges' for the PvP towers. Here's an example of a ghost guild employed in both of these roles:
fYyEBnG.jpg

On the other hand, pirate guilds would attack sectors in the invasion zone, but drop their siege before taking a sector, or they would attack another guild's siege in the invasion zone. Both for points on the PvP towers.

Algona

LOL - we have a conversation going in my guild on my main world about "Talk Like a Pirate Day" held annually on Sept. 19. That would be a fun event in FoE!

Please do not use the word EVENT. If we get a talk like a pirate Event in game, ima hunt you down, and smother you with parrot feathers.

DeletedUser

I've searched and did not find it so I am going to ask. How are one man guilds allowed to attack in the GvG provinces?

Definition of a Guild:
  1. A guild /ɡɪld/ is an association of artisans or merchants who control the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of tradesmen. They were organized in a manner something between a professional association, trade union, a cartel, and a secret society.

As you can see every word is pluralized artisan"S", merchant"S", their, they all are plural or mean more than one person. So my question again is how can a 1 man guild be allowed to fight on the map. There is one character in C world that has created a guild with only himself in it. He is at 800k points and goes around the Iron Age map...... Yes 800k fighting Iron Age??? He takes a sector and leaves only the siege army in. He never fills defense or fights for other sectors. He waits for someone to take him off the map then he goes somewhere else and does it again. While we are at battle for real on the map he just does to be a pain. It is far to expensive to be having someone coming through and doing this just to be a jerk.

Should I make a proposal are has it already been done. But I think one man guilds should not be allowed on the GvG map. Yes I know all he has to do is recruit one mare then technically he could do it anyway but he always seems to be alone. I think this should be fixed asap.

DeletedUser

Good Morning...I am the Sole Member of the Guild.. "Lunatic Fringe" Playing in the G World.... I've been playing Foe for 3 years but only started LF last Sept. 2015. I am soon to be Level 15... I Have 4 sectors on Modern and 4 in Post ME... I understand your Anger at This player that's A Major Pain ! But don't judge this ALL of us because of this Lame Dude.. I am the #1 Solo in this World and getting stronger and Lower on the list every week.. I hope this guy stops his action.. load up all your armies.. I took several Sectors that were full...80+ Battles.. Believe me, I'd rather fight only 40 or less.

DeletedUser25875

I know this is of topic from this thread,But I have looked all over and cannot find how to leave a guild that is not active..help???

Algona

In your city screen, lower left corner, select Global, select Your Guild, select the Members tab, find your name, hit the Leave Guild button on the far right.

DeletedUser13452

Join Queen Anne's Revenge on P world...everyday is talk like a pirate day, arrr. :p