• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Opinions on interesting GvG tactic

A member of our guild received a message from a hoodie yesterday. Basically it says:

I breached your city. I will not plunder you if your guild agrees to not attack us any more in GvG on the ME map.

I'm curious as to your opinions, thoughts, and how you would respond.

DeletedUser37581

It is honorable for a guild to ask for an alliance or a no-attack treaty. The described tactic is extortion and not honorable at all.

Although, some would say that all is fair in love and war.

DeletedUser32328

I don't see this as a useful tactic. Why would a guild agree to that? It's that guild member's job to collect his stuff on time and improve his defense. And of course to turn the tables on that hoodie.

DeletedUser29726

"Enjoy the plunder" - The needs of the guild should not be influenced by 1 plunderer. Now if they're making a coordinated effort where all of their players are hitting all of yours in the hoods with this message, well then maybe you have something to discuss amongst yourselves :p

We have no intention of caving into these intimidation and blackmail tactics. If a leader/founder approached us with a legitimate and honorable offer of truce, well then we can talk.

DeletedUser

He might test their defenses, just in case he can breach them back. And if he can't, attack them with one Horseman every day and immediately surrender so that he doesn't accidentally aid them. Oh, and tell him not to forget to check their GBs to see if he can level a double-dipper for them. (And if he can, don't forget the obviously fake apology message.);)

DeletedUser15539

My advice is:
1. Attack his city back. If you can't get through his defenses then you have advanced in age too quickly.
2. Set all your collections for times you can usually collect. Leave as little as possible to be plundered.
3. Get your guild fighters together, and wipe them off the map.

Godly Luke

This is just me:

1. Get every guild that borders their guild to ally with your temporary (if possible)
2. Get them all to strike enemy guild at the exact same time across all maps effectively wiping out their GvG status
3. Enjoy getting plundered!

DeletedUser29726

I'd laugh. Like any guild greater then the number of 1 is going to be bothered by a message like that

Besides, the guild power is worth far more then the city plunderings and they wouldn't be sending that message if his guild (the attacker) wasn't losing in GvG

Well I'll disagree with the second part. The guild power is worth squat these days :p If you compete in GvG it's for the sake of competing in GvG, not the benefits.

Emberguard

Worth Squat? Only if you've maxed out your lvl. Extra FPs, reduced training/healing time and cost of buildings.... I'd say it's worth a lot

DeletedUser29726

Worth Squat? Only if you've maxed out your lvl. Extra FPs, reduced training/healing time and cost of buildings.... I'd say it's worth a lot

the extra FP of 1 every 8 levels is not worth the effort. The reduced training time can be, but mostly only as support for training GvG DAs - something that very few people help with. The reduced cost of buildings is pointless, coins and supplies proliferate like crazy. If you're GvGing it's for the prestige of seeing your guild ranking go up, or the ranking points from the fights

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: the player who attacked our guild member's city also contacted a founder to discuss a possible truce. And asked for a cease fire for the night, which we agreed to do.

We heard nothing else from them. April Fools prank? Dishonorable guild/guild representative? No matter. We attacked them last night and took 4 sectors.

All's well that ends well. ;)

mamboking053

Update: the player who attacked our guild member's city also contacted a founder to discuss a possible truce. And asked for a cease fire for the night, which we agreed to do.

We heard nothing else from them. April Fools prank? Dishonorable guild/guild representative? No matter. We attacked them last night and took 4 sectors.

All's well that ends well. ;)

The fact that the player did that too you seems to imply he couldn't do much else GvG wise. Seems a desperation tactic more than anything...