• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Opinions wanted - CdM vs. Arc?

Cyrus the Adequate

Background: I have a EMA city stocked with Zeus, Aachen, Lighthouse and now Athlon Abbey (only got this one to level 8, though.....). I intend to stay in EMA until I have them all at Level 10. The guild I'm in does GE and GBG, and they're very helpful in both trade and building, though most are at a much hgher level, making it hard to get much value out of the FP swap threads. I have plenty of coins and supplies; FPs are OK, goods are still an ongoing challenge

Here's the question: I have complete BP sets for both CdM and The Arc, but either one is going to take a lot of goods trading from EMA period goods, so I need to focus my attention on one or the other. Which one makes more sense for a player at this level? The Arc would help me with FPs and make the guild swaps more viable; CdM would help with GE and GBG, as well as a bit of FP help.

What do you all think?

UBERhelp1

Background: I have a EMA city stocked with Zeus, Aachen, Lighthouse and now Athlon Abbey (only got this one to level 8, though.....). I intend to stay in EMA until I have them all at Level 10. The guild I'm in does GE and GBG, and they're very helpful in both trade and building, though most are at a much hgher level, making it hard to get much value out of the FP swap threads. I have plenty of coins and supplies; FPs are OK, goods are still an ongoing challenge

Here's the question: I have complete BP sets for both CdM and The Arc, but either one is going to take a lot of goods trading from EMA period goods, so I need to focus my attention on one or the other. Which one makes more sense for a player at this level? The Arc would help me with FPs and make the guild swaps more viable; CdM would help with GE and GBG, as well as a bit of FP help.

What do you all think?
If both is at all an option, choose that. The Arc is one of the most powerful GB in the game and lets you easily build FP and level your own and other players' GB. The CdM is also useful, because of the attack boost and FP.

Also, you don't have to trade for the goods. You should be able to find a seller that can get you Arc goods for cheap. Depending on where you guildmates are in the game, maybe even for free. Same with the CdM.

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably go for the CdM first, just so I could build up more attack strength and some more daily FP. Then I'd go for the Arc and push it to level 80 as fast as I could. But you could really do it either way and both ways would work.

Don't trade up (especially the case for Arc goods). Make a deal with a goods seller where you offer a ratio of 1 of your lowest-age goods for 2 of FE goods. Note that most people outside of your guild are not going to be generous, and they will require you to put forge points on a GB (could be of their own choosing, always ask) Many would accept BA or IA goods. Or even ask your Guildmates if they could trade. If you don't have enough goods to make placeholder trades you could ask your Guildmates if they have any spare low-age goods.

Unless if you snipe other people's GBs a lot, you're probably better off getting your CDM first. Being able to do GE4 and GBG is needed to get the FP income so you can start leveling up your Arc to 80

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Definitely do The CDM first. get it to ten. it will benefit you every day you fight.
Then with all three Zeus Aachen CDM at least to ten then go for Arc. Arc really has to be levled up but it is helpful over 30 but you must get it to level 80 Where yuor game will utterly change for you. It takes months ot get ARc to 80.. ad both becasue of FPs and prints. you need 620 blueprints to get Arc to 80 So better CDM first.

Cyrus the Adequate

I'm not sure that I understand this.

At the level where I am currently, there aren't enough BPs in the GBs I'm able to get rewards for for the bonus to matter. FPs and medals, sure, but not BPs.

At higher levels I can see where it would help, but I'm months away from that (I think).

UP ONLINE

Background: I have a EMA city stocked with Zeus, Aachen, Lighthouse and now Athlon Abbey (only got this one to level 8, though.....). I intend to stay in EMA until I have them all at Level 10. The guild I'm in does GE and GBG, and they're very helpful in both trade and building, though most are at a much higher level, making it hard to get much value out of the FP swap threads. I have plenty of coins and supplies; FPs are OK, goods are still an ongoing challenge

What do you all think?
most people try and build the ARC first if they have the prints to build it
need a good leader to give you the goods for free if your in that guild and help out might just give it to you, My leader did it to my 2 city

Ebeondi Asi

It takes months to get Arc to 80 for most players. and yes it is uttery worth the pain to do it. However since Arc 80 takes months, IMO having a CDM at ten is very worthwhile every single day if you fight in Ge and GbG. So i still highly recommend doing CDM to ten before starting to level up the Arc.