• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Orphan buildings

frrrosty

Inno, as a world leader in the Gaming industry, does very little to support many, many special buildings in the way of Upgrades, despite the existence of the tools to do so. The Antiques Dealer, for example, offers mostly useless items such as Drummer units, Color Guard and decorations over and over and over, while ignoring upgrades for the many special buildings that the players are hoping for. For example, I have a Pergola at level 9, which is basically useless until it reaches level 10. I've been looking for months and months, and not one upgrade has been offered that I have seen. Summerhold Manor, mine is still at level 1, and not a single upgrade offered. When upgrades are offered, they're usually for the same, tired old stuff like Crows Nest or The Ship, over and over and over. There's no reason the Antique dealer can't offer, say, 9 items instead of just 6, where it could offer the needed upgrades, but doesn't. I have 100's of thousands of Trade coins and Gemstones collecting dust, with little to no useful offerings to spend them on. Instead, we have Orphan buildings that receive little to no support. They seem focused on creating new building types, while forgetting their previous offerings. Fire-and-forget it just doesn't fly, Inno. How about a "Battle Unit of the Day", or "Epic XXX Selection Kit of the day"? Not that 1 battle unit will enhance my city in the slightest, just saying. My new strategy is that I will NOT build a special building until I have the necessary upgrades to make it worthwhile. This is a sad state, and gives the impression that Inno is merely a band of hucksters and carpetbaggers, and not a true gaming organization. btw, you have me listed here as a "new member", been here 7 years.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Inno, as a world leader in the Gaming industry, does very little to support many, many special buildings in the way of Upgrades, despite the existence of the tools to do so. The Antiques Dealer, for example, offers mostly useless items such as Drummer units and decorations over and over and over, while ignoring upgrades for the many special buildings that the players are hoping for. For example, I have a Pergola at level 9, which is basically useless until it reaches level 10. I've been looking for months and months, and not one upgrade has been offered that I have seen. Summerhold Manor, mine is still at level 1, and not a single upgrade offered. There's no reason the Antique dealer can't offer, say, 9 items instead of 6, where it could offer the needed upgrades, but doesn't. I have 100's of thousands of Trade coins and Gemstones collecting dust, with little to no offerings to use them on. Instead, we have Orphan buildings that receive little to no support. They seem focused on creating new building tyoes, while forgetting their last offering. Fire-and-forget it just doesn't fly, Inno. My new strategy is that I will NOT build a special building until I have the necessary upgrades to make it worthwhile. This is a sad state, and gives the impression that Inno is merely a band of hucksters and carpetbaggers, and not a true gaming organization.
Both the Pergola and the Summerhold were introduced in 2023. We won't see upgrades for 2023 buildings until later this year, if then. A one-year lag, minimum, has been the norm. I bolded part of your post. If you compare notes with most veteran players they will likely advise you to never build a special building unless you have all of the upgrades needed to complete the building. There may be some exceptions but most event buildings aren't worth building unless they are at the max level (not counting silver/gold levels if applicable).

Xenosaur

I agree, The Ship is outdated. Crow's Nest is still worth it, especially if you have a Blue Galaxy.
Depends where you are in the game. I would say the Crow's Nest, when first released, was a breakthrough piece for FoE. It's design was mathematically copied to other pieces too.

But no longer does it have "in city" value.

I would offer that most veteran players are way beyond needing it in it's original offering size, or it's set of deliverables. Could it be nicely re-appointed as a level 2? Sure. Remember - it's 25 squares of space and it was worth it "way back when". Now? With the advent of really superb microbuildings that cleanly eclipse it, until it's re-energized for "MODERN GAME" valuation, it's staying in inventory.

My 92 level BG doesn't help it stay in my city either. Do the combined probabilities if you know how to, and you'll see why. As well, why double something "old" when doubling some new shiny event trinket gets you more.... oh so much more.

Last edited:

JJ597

Yes, I can double any number of newer buildings (jumpin' pumpkin, autumn vineyard, cider mill, etc), However, for my level and style of play, the potential for diamonds make that building worthwhile.

Jakobi007

Yeah, I dropped my ships as well, but I guess if you are new to the game...these are still valuable until you reach a certain level of development. I still have a crows nest since I like the chances to get some of the rewards associated with it, but down the line, prob won't make sense either...except for new players.

Yeah, I dropped my ships as well, but I guess if you are new to the game...these are still valuable until you reach a certain level of development. I still have a crows nest since I like the chances to get some of the rewards associated with it, but down the line, prob won't make sense either...except for new players.
I'm relatively new to the game (approx. 3 years) and I've been seeing the ship in the AD since day 1. I've never thought it was a good use of space.

jaymoney23456

Inno seems to be too greedy to offer the better buildings in the AD especially with any kind of frequency. They would rather more and more chase buildings in events by paying for them.

NWWolverine

With the event building offerings now, AD is just junk. I know there's people that install some of it still, but it's a waste of time and effort to get stuff from there. Maybe a boost vial or some fp's but those are rare and hardly worth the time to even check. Wish I could hide the building until I needed it in an event quest

With the event building offerings now, AD is just junk. I know there's people that install some of it still, but it's a waste of time and effort to get stuff from there. Maybe a boost vial or some fp's but those are rare and hardly worth the time to even check. Wish I could hide the building until I needed it in an event quest
Also rushes. GV selection kits being the best building.

Johnny B. Goode

The problem is the same as it's been for the past few years. Power creep. With the restriction of them not offering buildings/upgrades until at least a year after a building is introduced, it's obsolete already when it finally appears in the AD. I mean, they have to make Silver and Gold upgrades to last year's buildings just to make them stay mildly relevant. It's absolutely ridiculous how chasing after the dollar with out of control power creep has ruined this game. Miss an event? No big deal, the next event's building will make this one obsolete. And that one will be made obsolete by the event after that, and so on, and so on...ad infinitum. Or until everyone leaves.

Bottom line? Inno has no idea how to keep players interested other than to keep making each new event building massively more powerful than the last. It's like the housing bubble and the tech bubble and so many other bubbles...it's going to burst. At some point even the whales will realize that they are Sisyphus rolling the stone up the hill only to see it roll back down each time. The only difference is that Sisyphus didn't have the option to stop...whales do.

Sharmon the Impaler

They won't directly address their customers. What kind of backwoods company operates like that ? Someone spends 10K+ on your normally low volume product then you assign them an account manager like every other business in the world. In Innoland they treat us like garbage.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Inno, as a world leader in the Gaming industry
INNO USED to be a respected part of the gaming industry. But it lost its way and eventually became part of a company that is not interested in being a world leader in anything except cheap throw away junk games. So do not look for it to support anything in the game over the long term. Short term additions (by their nature) require no on going support.