• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Piazza Set and many other buildings of same type.

DeletedUser38506

OK, I have a full Piazza set and all the upgrades (didn't spend a single diamond. However, not so lucky in another world, hardly got any buildings or upgrades). The Mask Vendor, when upgraded to level 2 and surrounded by the other 4 buildings, it generates 4 FPs. I have another Mask Vendor and another upgrade.

My question is: If I put both Mask Vendors in the middle, they will both still be touching and surrounded by 4 other buidlings. Will they BOTH produce 4 FPs each, or do the other 4 surrounding buildings need to be set in the tight little 5X5 space in order to be considered "surrounded?"

This question is applicable in other building Sets like the Indian Palace or Indian Fountain set as well.

Thank you in advance.

Varick

Super Catanian

They won’t generate the 4 FP. The bonuses are only for UNIQUE buildings touching it. Since there will be a Mask Vendor touching another one (thus not a unique building), it will be only three instead.

DeletedUser26532

They won’t generate the 4 FP. The bonuses are only for UNIQUE buildings touching it. Since there will be a Mask Vendor touching another one (thus not a unique building), it will be only three instead.

This is actually NOT correct.

I don't have a spare mask building, but I have tried this with two gongs in the middle of the Cherry Garden set.

The "Unique buildings" only have to be different from each other. Not the building they're touching. Same for the Elephant Guarden, or Sultan's palace sets.

If you configure the buildings to have two of the mask venders in the middle, unless they've changed the algorithm from last year, WILL produce the four FP.

DeletedUser36624

This is actually NOT correct.

I don't have a spare mask building, but I have tried this with two gongs in the middle of the Cherry Garden set.

The "Unique buildings" only have to be different from each other. Not the building they're touching. Same for the Elephant Guarden, or Sultan's palace sets.

If you configure the buildings to have two of the mask venders in the middle, unless they've changed the algorithm from last year, WILL produce the four FP.
That doesn't make sense. If that were true, then you could put two of the same building next to each other and they would produce a +1 boost to each other. I think that would have been noticed by now.

Emberguard

If it's working that way then it's a bug. I've tried that for the last 1.5 years during various times for screenshot purposes and testing, it has to be unique to both itself and the neighbours, not just the neighbours.

Otherwise if what you say is true then the masked vendor in the middle of the other 2 should be at three connections instead of two connections.

upload_2019-3-13_22-49-14.png

For easier viewing:
upload_2019-3-13_22-52-40.png

Emberguard

My question is: If I put both Mask Vendors in the middle, they will both still be touching and surrounded by 4 other buidlings. Will they BOTH produce 4 FPs each
No.

I don't know how far in the game you are, but few things to keep in mind.

(1) the masked vendor will auto upgrade to current age
(2) masked vendor can never be plundered

This is because it's a All Ages building. Now from that decide if you prefer the 5 goods or the 2 FPs + whatever gets moved

If you prefer the extra FPs you can place the extra mask in a spot you'd normally put a victory tower if you can get the layout right.
index.php

Lancer

If you are thinking that adding the same building such as the masked vendor next to the same building and having that make a "set" allowing you to the next reward that is false. If you mean that you have two of these buildings and enough other UNIQUE buildings put together, so long as the buildings touching each other are NOT the same, then you will reap the rewards set forth by however many sets you have up to their maximum potential.

Lancer

For instance, I have enough Gongs (3 all together) placed in the most productive areas in my main world, that two of them produce their maximum potential and the other is just one unique building shy of its maximum potential.