• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plan to update settlement buildings?

I apologize if this is already discussed somewhere, but do we know if there is a plan to do something about the settlement buildings in connection with the recent event building power creep (for example, add an additional level to them)? It took awhile to get some of those buildings, but it seems as though they will be obsolete shortly.

Emberguard

Only thing I know is the devs response on Discord regarding future Settlements sounded like there's another Settlement in the works

Disgruntled Veteran

For anyone that might need this, it’s a great guide that can/will help immensely

Emberguard

Indeed, so many complaints about settlements not worth the effort but nobody mentions eternal benefit of emissaries lol, nothing beats them.

It's not "nothing", but if you finish each settlement in 6 months that'll take 2.5 years to acquire 6 Forge Points, 5 Units and 15 Goods per day in Emissaries.

If you're not motivated to do it within the timed reward, that'll take much longer. I'm nearing 4 years on my current city and still have half of Mughals and most of Japan left to finish. It's just not interesting enough and the reward not compelling enough to shorten the time frame taken on the task

Even if all you did was the first emissary of each settlement, that's a month for 1 Forge Point.... it's not going to make much difference to your growth in the current environment.

It would be like if you made $100,000 per year ($273 per day) and was offered something to increase it by $1 per day. It's not nothing, but you're really not going to notice that $1 even after a year because your income from everything else is so high. So it would need to be low effort to be worth the $1. If it's taking up a lot of your time and it barely increases your income proportionally, it's just a really inefficient use of time.

For the game this gets even less worth it by the time you reach 1 million Forge Point income per year (2,739 per day). You'd make more Forge Points in a day than you get from all emissaries combined over a year

PJS299

It's not "nothing", but if you finish each settlement in 6 months that'll take 2.5 years to acquire 6 Forge Points, 5 Units and 15 Goods per day in Emissaries.

If you're not motivated to do it within the timed reward, that'll take much longer. I'm nearing 4 years on my current city and still have half of Mughals and most of Japan left to finish. It's just not interesting enough and the reward not compelling enough to shorten the time frame taken on the task

Even if all you did was the first emissary of each settlement, that's a month for 1 Forge Point.... it's not going to make much difference to your growth in the current environment.

It would be like if you made $100,000 per year ($273 per day) and was offered something to increase it by $1 per day. It's not nothing, but you're really not going to notice that $1 even after a year because your income from everything else is so high. So it would need to be low effort to be worth the $1. If it's taking up a lot of your time and it barely increases your income proportionally, it's just a really inefficient use of time.

For the game this gets even less worth it by the time you reach 1 million Forge Point income per year (2,739 per day). You'd make more Forge Points in a day than you get from all emissaries combined over a year
I gave up on them halfway through Japan :)

Frostblade

You're correct but know that if they do introduce additional levels to the buildings at some point you'll find yourself behind to grab those upgrades if you don't finish settlements.
For instance if you complete them all then all that remains is to grab new additions, while the person who doesn't play them at all will have much much more work to do get full upgrades, therefore if that happens it might as well take over 3 years for the person who ignored settlements.

Wwwoodchuck

I would like to see another level(s) added to them. But… I do not think there would be an ROI for the development time. Would enough users spend diamonds over the settlement lifetime to make up for the development costs? And part of the development cost would be allowing users to do the entire settlement again and earn a second level 1. Not everyone wanted to store them away when having something more valuable to put in that space, so they would have just deleted them. But.. How could they have just deleted them??? Hey we have folks here advising someone to sell a higher level CC to make room for something more valuable.

Before the latest Power LEAP in event buildings, the settlement buildings were well worth the time to complete AND try for the secondary rewards also. I am sure they more than earned their ROI from the initial development.

For Japan the Yggdrasil was way OP! And the Greater Runestone with 2 attack, 2 FP, 1 good and some coins in 4 tiles! An SoK gave ONE FP in 4 tiles and players had rows of them, the Runestone was twice that! When it was introduced, it was a massive per tile income for a building! Players had fleets of ‘The Ship’ with 8 attack, 4 FP and 15 goods in 21 tiles.

Same with Jade statue: 3 FP, 5 Goods and 10 Guild goods in 4 tiles!! That is 3X the production of an SoK PLUS goods and guild goods!! And it was nothing to just keep looping the Eqypt settlement and grab Ancient Obelisks. Yeah, they were no SO but with 6 Defense, 2 FP, 4 goods and coins, that was an excellent use of 4 tiles!! And Egypt did not need to be babysat or dickered with all the time. Just pop in every 8 hours or a couple times a day to battle and start productions. Eazy Peazy to complete in time. Not like Vikings where you had to be dealing with it all the time to get done in time.

Mughal Empire.. I went through it once. It is the most unfriendly, tedious and frustrating settlement to complete. Your mileage may vary, but I did one and never started another one. By comparison, I had 7, 8 or more of the Ancient Obelisks in a city before Flying Island was even a thing. And no, I have never built FI

Angel.

Mughal is the last one for me im finished with all the others , sooner or later will be finished with it .

Darkest.Knight

I did the settlements early in the game, all were easy enough and I like the buildings. The time to complete each was always less than the allotted time but did require regular collections. Each settlement was somewhat different than the rest, each required a different approach to finish in a timely manner.

Indeed, so many complaints about settlements not worth the effort but nobody mentions eternal benefit of emissaries lol, nothing beats them.
If I'm not mistaken, each emissary can give you 1 FP daily, 1 Unit daily, 1 Trade good daily or small amounts of coins, supplies and medals. All of these are dwarfed by the amounts one gets from other sources.

I just don't see emissaries as a valid reason to spend a year or so repeating a settlement over and over. If you do, more power to you.