• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Player Welfare

mike888

You should: try keeping your wrists straight. try using your "great finger" (not your index finger). try using the mouse with your other hand. (without changing the mouse settings). I have used all these suggestions at times. Maybe get a mouse with a lower actuation force.

Agent327

I disagree with the idea that the game designers have no responsibility are you concerned with RSI problems in the future. I had no idea about it in my 20s.
This aiding process to me is one of the least interesting aspect of the game, I see it as a real chore and would much rather spend my time developing my city and guild.

Developers are concerned with it. That's why they do not force you to aid for instance. It is your choice and if you can not make a responsible choice it is your own fault and problem.

DeletedUser32973

Regardless if there is a medical problem involved or not, there is a serious issue with the excessive amount of clicking that is present in the game now. Is it enough to start losing players? Who knows. Considering they're absolutely refusing to fix the aiding issue, however, there are never going to be changes that reduce the amount of clicking in FoE.

The Lady Redneck

Considering they're absolutely refusing to fix the aiding issue, however, there are never going to be changes that reduce the amount of clicking in FoE.

Not so. INNO has taken steps to reduce the amount of clicks. They created the Aid button. It has more than halved the amount of clicks needed as before it you had to click each persons avatar to enter their city, then click to see what buildings were available to polivate,, then choose your building/deco and click on it. When it was first introduced there was an uproar from some as it was seen by them as taking control away from players. As by visiting each player individually you could make sure you polivated the best buildings of your guild members and those on your friends list that you had alliances with when fighting and either not polivate an enemy at all or pick the smallest value deco they had if you needed the coin.

They also introduced the 2 click Collect all feature to collect everything in your city and set the timing on supply production. OK Would be good if that were free, but 5 diamonds is not bad.

Yes there are still a lot of clicks, but that is because there are a lot more Events calling for a lot more actions and actions mean clicks. If you get frustrated with clicking wait until you start doing the St Paddy's event. It will drive you nuts.

DeletedUser32973

Not so. INNO has taken steps to reduce the amount of clicks. They created the Aid button. It has more than halved the amount of clicks needed as before it you had to click each persons avatar to enter their city, then click to see what buildings were available to polivate,, then choose your building/deco and click on it. When it was first introduced there was an uproar from some as it was seen by them as taking control away from players. As by visiting each player individually you could make sure you polivated the best buildings of your guild members and those on your friends list that you had alliances with when fighting and either not polivate an enemy at all or pick the smallest value deco they had if you needed the coin.

They also introduced the 2 click Collect all feature to collect everything in your city and set the timing on supply production. OK Would be good if that were free, but 5 diamonds is not bad.

Yes there are still a lot of clicks, but that is because there are a lot more Events calling for a lot more actions and actions mean clicks. If you get frustrated with clicking wait until you start doing the St Paddy's event. It will drive you nuts.

Yes, I know about the new event as I've played through it. Their aid button was implemented years ago, and the issue with that was having to load cities, not clicking. There is far more clicking than there was in the beginning of the game despite some changes that decreased clicking in some areas. The fact of the matter is clicking keeps increasing overall, and that's the problem.

Agent327

Yes, I know about the new event as I've played through it. Their aid button was implemented years ago, and the issue with that was having to load cities, not clicking. There is far more clicking than there was in the beginning of the game despite some changes that decreased clicking in some areas. The fact of the matter is clicking keeps increasing overall, and that's the problem.

Aren't you glad you still have the option not to click?

DeletedUser32973

Aren't you glad you still have the option not to click?

Yeah, I suppose I could just not play the game. Not quite there yet though. There are some days where I just don't want to play because of the excessive clicking, and I doubt I'm alone. That's why I think there is a problem, and Inno needs to be careful with how far they go with it.

Princess Liseena

Hello . . .

I am experiencing tingling and numbness in my index finger, and I now need to stop playing as I do not relish permanent damage to my hand.

Other suggestions (not yet made, I think), are based on personal experience and some knowledge of anatomy:

1. Stop and rest the arm using gravity (hang it by your side and gently-gently shake it, then rest the entire arm, keeping the elbow supported for 5-20 minutes. An ice pack wrapped in a dish cloth can reduce pain and swelling while you play. Gel packs work well too. (20 min. on, 20 min. off. Never leave ice on longer!)

2. Use the fingers of your other hand to press on either side of the bones going up your arm. If find a really sore spot or two, those areas can be massaged and ice-packed for better movement.

3. Athletic kinesiology tape. It’s amazing stuff once you learn how to apply it, and it can stay on for a day or two, almost completely relieving pain.

See a doctor, and ask about options to reduce swelling and pain without meds if possible.

Best wishes!