• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Players leaving

xivarmy

Let adrift means cancel the game. Your response is not consistent with what will happen if Inno cancels millions of dollars of users accounts when they close FoE. You really think that they would just jump on the next Inno game ? You're joking right ?
Let adrift probably, at first, just means limited further development. i.e. they may still run the same events, possibly with new buildings, because that makes them money. But they'd stop developing new features like eras, different events, etc.

At some point even further down the road if the servers are costing them more than the residual income from minimal attention, yea they could even shut it down. But largely the residual costs will take care of themself by less players playing a game that's not getting new content - so they'll need less bandwidth to run the game anyways.

Emberguard

This line doesn't jive with the point of your post. If they set the first game (FoE) adrift, what idiot would then spend money on it? And if they have a history of setting a game adrift once they've milked it dry, why spend money on the new game? Only casual gamers would fall for that. Experienced ones (the ones that probably spend the most money) would know the game maker's track record and act accordingly.
Elvenar was created 2015. Forge of Empires 2012. So that means 8 years from when Elvenar was created and now.

Certainly Forge still has future content coming given we know Space Hub is next. Beyond that time will tell. But the fact they are working on Space Hub is a good indication they intend to keep the game around for the foreseeable future

Johnny B. Goode

Elvenar was created 2015. Forge of Empires 2012. So that means 8 years from when Elvenar was created and now.
I didn't realize that the discussion was simply about FoE and Elvenar. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
Certainly Forge still has future content coming given we know Space Hub is next. Beyond that time will tell. But the fact they are working on Space Hub is a good indication they intend to keep the game around for the foreseeable future
Certainly? We know? Maybe so. Maybe not. Maybe they do continue working on it. Or maybe MTG/Inno decides to cut bait. Neither you nor I knows what even tomorrow will bring, let alone months down the line. If revenues and/or profits really are declining with FoE, corporate genuises may decide it's not worth finishing existing projects. From what I've read here on the Forum by people who are more in touch with the gaming world than I am, MTG is not a gaming company, they're an investment company. And investment companies don't generally throw good money after bad, so to speak.

Emberguard

I didn't realize that the discussion was simply about FoE and Elvenar. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
Wasn't saying it's only about two games. Just putting into context what had already been brought up regarding players being part of multiple games.

As you said
Experienced ones (the ones that probably spend the most money) would know the game maker's track record and act accordingly.
InnoGames history with their games is to keep the older games around, and have multiple games alongside each other. They already have games older than Forge of Empires with a smaller community that are still running. MTG has been a significant part of InnoGames since 2016, with a majority share since 2017.

If you're going off track record, go off that instead of ignoring what the company has actually done. Inno's still supporting games 13 years later. That should be a reason to play their newer games, not a detractor

gi317

As much as I enjoy playing this game, it seems to be a money pit. I need 600 diamonds to expand. It's just too expensive. I have 40 diamonds remaining, and then I'm leaving the game. It's just too expensive.

Ebeondi Asi

As much as I enjoy playing this game, it seems to be a money pit. I need 600 diamonds to expand. It's just too expensive. I have 40 diamonds remaining, and then I'm leaving the game. It's just too expensive.
Quitting because you need 600 Diamonds? For expansions. Why do you need them 'now' why not work at them? o_O if you can't wait Goodbye.
I need 93,600 Diamonds for Titan expansions in three worlds. No problem. ;)

Darkest.Knight

So far so good on diamonds, lately been replacing "stuff" with GB's that produce diamond rewards. Seed bank has produced 50 diamonds/day w/only a few lvls. I'll get around to the others after I have some additional expansions from new era.

MJ Artisan of War

Just did a manual aid on all friends on two live worlds and beta. Out of 350 combined friends there were 47 red dot friends that were dropped.
The vast majority of them were longtime established players.
The Golden Goose of Forge is losing blood (players). Don't need a chart, a graph, nor a trend line to both see it and feel it.

Ebeondi Asi

"What you believe to be true, will become true, for you". :cool: A great scientific mind wrote that.
People find what they seek. If you believe something strongly, everything will corroborate that mindset.
I do it too. I see nothing to believe Foe has any player losses more than normal or Summer. And gee that is corroborated in all i see. LOL

Darkest.Knight

At lot of new comers drop but hardly any of the longer standing players on my f.list; only 1 over the last couple of years. I'm not sure he's not like myself, I stopped for almost 3 months due to an extended illness; when I felt better I returned to playing. Only a couple of players booted me from their f.lists.

Darkest.Knight

I play in Sinerania and stand at 146, it usually takes a week or so to pass someone that isn't playing all that much and sometimes players respond and work hard to keep me in check.

honey55

The drop in diamonds ect affect EVERYbody, meaning the game remains a level playing field for all of us, we're all slowed down, so suck it up buttercups, or leave, but leave without the drag Queen dramatics.
It doesnt affect everyone the same. Some have invested lots of time starting many worlds to have lots of diamond farms. Their loss is greater than mine as i only have one diamond world and i didn't start it as a diamond world. It was my second world i played like my main till it took too much time. No time invested.

Youre kind of rude. Hard to consider anything you have to say seriously

PJS299

The drop in diamonds ect affect EVERYbody, meaning the game remains a level playing field for all of us, we're all slowed down, so suck it up buttercups, or leave, but leave without the drag Queen dramatics.
I wouldn't call it a level playing field when so many players are using bots or spending thousands on diamonds... We (they) were having a civil conversation, no need for you to but in with that comment.

Also, what's your signature lol?