• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Jern2017

I come to you today traumatized and in tears. :(:( Plundering was going fine as was GB sniping. Then I hit this one guy and what did he have out for me. Not just one Train, but 2. Both with 9 carriages. And I could only take one of them!!!!! Having to walk away and leave that other train was heartbreaking.

Check if there are any friends or guildmates in your neighborhood. I always share sniping and plundering opportunities, some return the favor.

I plunder because I can as it is part of the game I choose to exercise. I too, do rather enjoy the double dip plundering of the same city within minutes of each other.
Trains are my favorite....

DeletedUser30312

Usually when someone from the hood spams a GB to the entire hood, I drop all my GBs in the message then leave.

Here's the beginning of my latest response to such a thread:

Screenshot_20200419-232247~01.png

Seriously, putting up a ton of hood trades a few hours before the hood flips? Not so wise!

Well, I spammed with trades and GBs and then left again. Some of those GBs are locked too.

And I got attacked yesterday by a hoodie down in the 40s on my main who ran after seeing my defense. Must have been the first attack in at least a month. I retaliated to laugh at the Spearfighters defending the town. I laughed more later when I knocked off a train too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34787

Managed to plunder a train with multiple carriages this morning for 17FP. Gorgeous enough already, but then my AM triggered.

34FP from a single plunder is a new record, and yet hoodies act surprised that I prefer this to accepting their friend requests.

A couple of my hoodies have also now taken to placing 1FP on my GBs in the hope of preventing double-dipping. This would work, only:

(1) They're never on when I level, so they are effectively just paying a tax of 1FP to all of my GBs each time they level, or;
(2) They do inexplicable things like dropping 100FP on 4th on my COA and force-leveling it, which gives me something like 50FP free, but, yes, it stops me from double-dipping on some coins!

There are a lot of rather unthinking people playing this game.

DeletedUser34787

It's also just profoundly weird to me that anyone gets worked up about plundering in OF. Occasionally - maybe once every couple of months - someone catches me off-guard or I'm cooking dinner and an alert hoodie grabs a palace or TF. But by the point you've worked your way through to OF, what's 5FP a day - even if you're not making 500FP+ each day as the higher OF hoodies are?

Like: if you have played long enough to get to that point and you're *still* in a position that you notice the loss of a few FP, you've likely been playing very badly for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Ikr. Even in bronze age (back when you could plunder bronze age) you can barely touch your opponents progress considering all the ways to collect resourcs that can’t be plundered

By Iron Age you’re in a even better position

Jern2017

Managed to plunder a train with multiple carriages this morning for 17FP. Gorgeous enough already, but then my AM triggered.

34FP from a single plunder is a new record, and yet hoodies act surprised that I prefer this to accepting their friend requests.

A couple of my hoodies have also now taken to placing 1FP on my GBs in the hope of preventing double-dipping. This would work, only:

(1) They're never on when I level, so they are effectively just paying a tax of 1FP to all of my GBs each time they level, or;
(2) They do inexplicable things like dropping 100FP on 4th on my COA and force-leveling it, which gives me something like 50FP free, but, yes, it stops me from double-dipping on some coins!

There are a lot of rather unthinking people playing this game.

Three neighbors were regularly flipping my GBs last week. They overpaid anywhere from 40-80 FPs just do deny me my double dips. I broke even or even profited in all cases.

DeletedUser

Three neighbors were regularly flipping my GBs last week. They overpaid anywhere from 40-80 FPs just do deny me my double dips. I broke even or even profited in all cases.
See, I like to level a hoodie's GB if he plunders me and I can't retaliate, but I have two rules. I don't do it if it doesn't give goods, FP or units. And I only do it if the GB collection is worth more than the amount of FP I'm donating.

Jern2017

I never flipped someone's GB in retaliation if I didn't profit from it, but I can definitely see your points.

Those guys heavily overpaid though and I didn't lose anything. That's why I found it funny. One of them lost 27 FP on my Atlantis Museum and I couldn't care less about goods. Perhaps I should send them cry mail to get more free FPs.