• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

jaymoney23456

It's just a matter of practicality really.

Ideal might be a way to invent some method to earn it back for those who lost it through poor judgement. But how do you go about doing that without enabling people to earn 2 for instance? (which is clearly not intended). Whatever the way to make this happen it'd require a significant amount of development work.

Furthermore there was no expectation that "maybe someday it'll get *way* better" - until this announcement it had started to look like settlements were just going to become a dead and forgotten feature, like GvG. If the building was outdated in your city, selling it made some sense.

Personally I put them in storage if I removed them because it was a one-of-a-kind item. And I didn't even think about selling it because I have zero need for antique dealer currency and lots of other things I could sell instead if I did. But I'm not looking to punish those who did.
This is true. Simpliest thing to do is to give players who did the playthroughs but no longer have the building it back. Can't imagine it would be easy/simple to make it so that some players could get the buildings again after doing the playthroughs once but other players who still have the buildings couldn't.

Emberguard

I realize this might be an issue but just straight giving them back isn't fair to people who thought about there might be value in saving them. Seriously. I'm told all the time about stuff I didn't "earn" and now folks want stuff back that they sold.

Well they did earn them in some sense of the word, it just happens to be on a feature where you can't re-earn it.

I would understand if the offer weren't available, but I see it as a good thing for it be there on things like this. If it's too easy to lose or break something unintentionally that's off-putting. Having some sort of safety net goes a long way towards product enjoyment.

Sharmon the Impaler

Many of the Settlement buildings became outdated before Golden updates where even a thing. Even before frags came out. The Auction had a bunch of things that were top tier at the time (WP2 , SoK2 updates , etc.) , there wasn't even a hint that Inno may start recycling old buildings.

Sharmon your purple thing is already outdated. Mughal produces 108 FP in 16 squares which is 6.9 FP a square efficiency your purple thing only gives 4 FP a square. and we are not even talking about stats

CDmark

OK, think my question was answered.
I have Yggy L9 and he gets the buff.
The side buildings, dojo, etc, get nothing

I actually like this a lot and it isn't just the buildings. I stopped settlements bcs I get cuckoo over the timer to get side buildings. so, now, if I miss the side building fragments, who cares, the main building is the prize. So a couple of extra days is no big deal.

I think Inno should give back deleted settlement buildings because they have made so many game changes, in my opinion, it would be fair. Plus, it was mentioned you can only play it one time so that would also support replacement.

WillyTwoShoes

Vikings was great
Yggdrasil rocks (felt like I earned something worthwhile on that one)
I like Egypt the best
I confess I like the impediments and Nubia Archers to
That upscaled Bath House has awesume Guild Goods
If it took anyone 6 months from start to finish on Egypt (yes without diamonds) it took you to long
:)

Johnny B. Goode

The first thought I had when thinking about selling them was: Inno will have to fix this.
Then you are a rarity. There was no indication for years that Inno was ever going to revisit the Settlement buildings' benefits. FOR YEARS. And with the extreme power creep of the last few years, it was beyond reasonable to delete/sell them.
I realize this might be an issue but just straight giving them back isn't fair to people who thought about there might be value in saving them.
No. What isn't fair is Inno giving no indication for literally years that they would ever improve the stats of any buildings, let alone Settlement ones, and then all of a sudden coming up with Silver and Gold levels for relatively recent event buildings and now vastly (VASTLY!) improved stats for long ago Settlement buildings. Giving back those earned buildings now is the very epitome of fairness. You paid no price to keep that virtual building in your virtual Inventory. You made no sacrifice that others didn't. You have no moral high ground to now cry "Unfair!". Just get over it.

Angry.Blanket

lol, I guess my name is no one. The first thought I had when thinking about selling them was: Inno will have to fix this. I don't think you should have to suffer. I don't think that not having the buildings given back to you that you sold and were paid for is you suffering. Seriously. Suffering.
Same here, I thought it was really obvious that they would get upgrades eventually.

planetofthehumans2

I wish I didn't have to earn back all of those terrible event prices I sold to the dealer that got gold/plat upgrades, but I've been saying they should upgrade the settlements for a few years.

Emberguard

Who knew that Inno was keeping track of what is deleted from players inventories. For years it seems.

Any time you open up the settlements it says what number run you're up to, wouldn't need to track inventory to know if you've won the main prize for a settlement

Notice on the bottom left of the selection it says the exact amount of runs completed

image0.png

Pericles the Lion

Sharmon your purple thing is already outdated. Mughal produces 108 FP in 16 squares which is 6.9 FP a square efficiency your purple thing only gives 4 FP a square. and we are not even talking about stats
And it Gives 25% a square versus 10% a square for your purple thing
Imo, the major benefit from the Garden of Eternal Dreams (the purple thing) is the frags that it generates.

Eadyth

Well they did earn them in some sense of the word, it just happens to be on a feature where you can't re-earn it.

I would understand if the offer weren't available, but I see it as a good thing for it be there on things like this. If it's too easy to lose or break something unintentionally that's off-putting. Having some sort of safety net goes a long way towards product enjoyment.
They sold what they earned. Minimally they should have buy them back. And no not at the cheap price they sold them for. They made a bad decision and they should have to pay for it.

Last edited:

Eadyth

Same here, I thought it was really obvious that they would get upgrades eventually.
Right, it was obvious from the moment that I decided to remove them from my city that Inno would need to do something or the cultural settlements would no longer be worth completing.

Eadyth

What they have done is the equivalent of giving stock back to the sad seller when the value went back up. Not earned. Of course, Inno can do that -- they are the gods of the game, they can give and take as they please. But don't use the earned word here.

To be clear, I'm not sure what I would do if I were Inno. Minimally make folks pay some increase price to get it back. But not straight give. Experienced players should know better and its experienced players that owned multiple of these things.

Mainly, I'd just like to point out that I get "not earned" thrown in my face all the time when I ask someone to share a tiny bit with me. Here, the most powerful players are having their lack of foresight covered by Inno and they think they earned it. No, its a gift. You are receiving an unearned gift. Have a bit of humility. Say thank you, and consider whether someday whether you should pay it forward.

Last edited:

CDmark

From what I saw

Yggy 50% Red A
Shinto 40% Blue A, 20% Blue D
Bath house 20% Red A/D, 20% Blue D, 60% Blue A
Sun Temple 50% Red D
Mughal 60% Blue D

totals

Red A 70%
Red D 70%
Blue A 100%