• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

Johnny B. Goode

What they have done is the equivalent of giving stock back to the sad seller when the value went back up. Not earned. Of course, Inno can do that -- they are the gods of the game, they can give and take as they please. But don't use the earned word here.
We did earn it once, so in that sense it is earned. Although I haven't used that word, and I don't recall anyone else acting entitled like you're implying. I wouldn't have thought to ask for the Yggdrasil level 9 back if I hadn't read here that they might do that. (Incidentally, this is a piece of information that would get lost in the chaos on Discord.) Since I read that they might, I politely asked if they would for me. They said yes, but I would not have been upset if they'd said no. I did sell (or delete, I don't remember which) them, and I would live with the consequences of that, as I have since it happened. So get off your high horse. You're just suffering from some weird form of jealousy and it doesn't look good.
To be clear, I'm not sure what I would do if I were Inno. Minimally make folks pay some increase price to get it back. But not straight give. Experienced players should know better and its experienced players that owned multiple of these things.
A) I would not have minded if they did ask me to "buy" it back. As long as it was game currency and not cash, that would have been fine. It's not my fault that they didn't.
B) "Experienced players" know that we did not own multiple of these things. We owned one of each, because that's all you can get of each. In your haste to judge others, you're making yourself look a little foolish.
Mainly, I'd just like to point out that I get "not earned" thrown in my face all the time when I ask someone to share a tiny bit with me. Here, the most powerful players are having their lack of foresight covered by Inno and they think they earned it. No, its a gift. You are receiving an unearned gift. Have a bit of humility. Say thank you, and consider whether someday whether you should pay it forward.
Who here is acting like they "earned" getting buildings returned? We all realize that it's basically a gift from Inno, and we're thankful. If anyone needs to show a bit of humility, it's you, not us. (Oh, and many of us have been "paying it forward" for most of our time in the game. That's what you do when you're an experienced player and you see someone who needs a little hand up. Also, I never get "not earned" thrown in my face because I never ask anyone to share a tiny bit with me unless I'm offering them a fair return. Maybe try that and you won't hear the phrase so much.)

UBERhelp1

I do think there should be some sort of automated check or method for getting the main building besides just asking support. That's going to be a lot of tickets to deal with.

CDmark

We did earn it once, so in that sense it is earned. Although I haven't used that word, and I don't recall anyone else acting entitled like you're implying. I wouldn't have thought to ask for the Yggdrasil level 9 back if I hadn't read here that they might do that. (Incidentally, this is a piece of information that would get lost in the chaos on Discord.) Since I read that they might, I politely asked if they would for me. They said yes, but I would not have been upset if they'd said no. I did sell (or delete, I don't remember which) them, and I would live with the consequences of that, as I have since it happened. So get off your high horse. You're just suffering from some weird form of jealousy and it doesn't look good.

A) I would not have minded if they did ask me to "buy" it back. As long as it was game currency and not cash, that would have been fine. It's not my fault that they didn't.
B) "Experienced players" know that we did not own multiple of these things. We owned one of each, because that's all you can get of each. In your haste to judge others, you're making yourself look a little foolish.

Who here is acting like they "earned" getting buildings returned? We all realize that it's basically a gift from Inno, and we're thankful. If anyone needs to show a bit of humility, it's you, not us. (Oh, and many of us have been "paying it forward" for most of our time in the game. That's what you do when you're an experienced player and you see someone who needs a little hand up. Also, I never get "not earned" thrown in my face because I never ask anyone to share a tiny bit with me unless I'm offering them a fair return. Maybe try that and you won't hear the phrase so much.)
To add on
I deleted the fully leveled Athlon Abbey. When the upgrade came out, of course I was not happy but I focused and got another one (via event and AD). So, this building I could replace and my decision to delete was my loss. These settlement buildings, once completed, you can't get them again. Delete a GB, well, you can get it again. I would say Inno is being fair letting players get the deleted or sold building back.

I only have Yggy, let's say Johnny had all 5 and deleted them. Inno replaces all of his settlement buildings. Do I think it is fair...yes I do. Just because another player benefits and I don't, it doesn't affect how I look at "fair". Many times a change is made and I benefit and maybe others don't and vice versa.

@Eadyth, I think everyone is thankful and they should be. You say gift, I say fair, but right thing to do is give them back. Should people who sold them pay for it, I think a nightmare to manage. Sure, it would be equivalent but what did they get, some trade coin and gems? Not a biggie in my book. I would consider a fully level event building "earned", not the easiest to get.

And, Uber has it right, just a blanket return would be easiest versus tickets, many, many tickets. But maybe tickets are easier, technically (I have no idea).

Wwwoodchuck

I believe returning Cultural settlement buildings that were sold/deleted is strictly a financial decision from The Company.

They could have either spent time and resources in a development effort so that users could have a chance at getting a second, level 1 of one or all of the buildings, while making sure they only have one, level 1. Or, have one developer run a DBI to see who had already completed Level 1 and does not have it in inventory and return them to whatever level the user completed runs.

One would take considerable financial effort. The second, running a DBI to update user accounts in the background. Simply returning them is clearly the financial decision winner. Besides, it is good PR and should win many users over.

I still have the cultural settlement buildings I completed in my cities. It never occurred to me to either store or delete them, they were always just there. I only did two run throughs of Mughal. It does not matter what they do to make the building attractive, that settlement was simply extremely unenjoyable to complete. I ran it once, it sucked. I ran it again, just to give it a fair shot. The second one sucked also, never did another and do not plan on ever doing one.

UBERhelp1

And, Uber has it right, just a blanket return would be easiest versus tickets, many, many tickets. But maybe tickets are easier, technically (I have no idea).
I don't think they can do a blanket return without giving players who already have the buildings a second one. Personally, I would make it so that the next settlement of each you do, it checks if you have the main building or not. If you do, you just get the normal FP reward, and if you don't, you get the full main building too.

I do think you should still be slightly penalized for deleting them, as before they were made unable to sell to the AD, plenty of people got a lot of trade coins and gemstones from them, and now are getting the buildings back.

I believe returning Cultural settlement buildings that were sold/deleted is strictly a financial decision from The Company.

They could have either spent time and resources in a development effort so that users could have a chance at getting a second, level 1 of one or all of the buildings, while making sure they only have one, level 1. Or, have one developer run a DBI to see who had already completed Level 1 and does not have it in inventory and return them to whatever level the user completed runs.

One would take considerable financial effort. The second, running a DBI to update user accounts in the background. Simply returning them is clearly the financial decision winner. Besides, it is good PR and should win many users over.

I still have the cultural settlement buildings I completed in my cities. It never occurred to me to either store or delete them, they were always just there. I only did two run throughs of Mughal. It does not matter what they do to make the building attractive, that settlement was simply extremely unenjoyable to complete. I ran it once, it sucked. I ran it again, just to give it a fair shot. The second one sucked also, never did another and do not plan on ever doing one.
So you gonna miss out on 108 FPs which is the most FP efficient building in game. IMO I think the Royal Bathhouse is the best non-GB building in game.

jaymoney23456

OK, think my question was answered.
I have Yggy L9 and he gets the buff.
The side buildings, dojo, etc, get nothing

I actually like this a lot and it isn't just the buildings. I stopped settlements bcs I get cuckoo over the timer to get side buildings. so, now, if I miss the side building fragments, who cares, the main building is the prize. So a couple of extra days is no big deal.

I think Inno should give back deleted settlement buildings because they have made so many game changes, in my opinion, it would be fair. Plus, it was mentioned you can only play it one time so that would also support replacement.
actually we don't know if the side buildings get anything-it wasn't specified so they might add stats for those or perhaps they won't

jaymoney23456

I don't think they can do a blanket return without giving players who already have the buildings a second one. Personally, I would make it so that the next settlement of each you do, it checks if you have the main building or not. If you do, you just get the normal FP reward, and if you don't, you get the full main building too.

I do think you should still be slightly penalized for deleting them, as before they were made unable to sell to the AD, plenty of people got a lot of trade coins and gemstones from them, and now are getting the buildings back.
How is having to play through an entire run of settlements to get back a cultural building that was deleted/sold etc. a slight penalty? Seems like a pretty large penalty to me given it takes many months to even do all the playthroughs of one cultural settlement without spending lots of diamonds. BTW I will not personally benefit if players are given the cultural buildings back since I have not deleted any of them but I don't think its fair to penalize players for getting rid of buildings that were obselete.

Eadyth

Wow Johnny, Why are you reacting like I was talking about you? [I'm deleting my rant that I wrote here. I'm irritated and disappointed in some folks. I don't need to take it out on everyone else.]

Last edited:

Big-Bendz

Keep Mughal. I've played that one for about 20 days and got the first 3 levels done. At that rate, I'm going to need about 90 days to finish 1 settlement. Nope....I guess that one will stay untouched......

UBERhelp1

How is having to play through an entire run of settlements to get back a cultural building that was deleted/sold etc. a slight penalty?
Read it again. I said "the next settlement of each you do." So one of each settlement to get back the respective buildings, NOT an entire reset of the entire settlement.

Johnny B. Goode

Wow Johnny, Why are you reacting like I was talking about you? [I'm deleting my rant that I wrote here. I'm irritated and disappointed in some folks. I don't need to take it out on everyone else.]
You were making blanket statements that painted everyone getting the building back with the same brush. Not fair, since you claim to care about that. I'm pretty sure that my post (in a rarity for me) pretty much spoke for most of the experienced players getting Cultural Settlement buildings back. If you're going to be "irritated and disappointed" at anyone, it should be Inno (from your point of view, not ours) because Inno is the one freely giving the buildings back. We're merely accepting their generosity in this case.

Eadyth

You were making blanket statements that painted everyone getting the building back with the same brush. Not fair, since you claim to care about that. I'm pretty sure that my post (in a rarity for me) pretty much spoke for most of the experienced players getting Cultural Settlement buildings back. If you're going to be "irritated and disappointed" at anyone, it should be Inno (from your point of view, not ours) because Inno is the one freely giving the buildings back. We're merely accepting their generosity in this case.
Thank you for explaining Johnny. Obviously, I did a poor job of speaking. I didn't mean to paint everyone with the same brush.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Inno should have at the very least confiscated the amount of trade coins and gemstones that selling these buildings in the Antiques dealer provide at the highest level, and if you don't have that amount, they go negative or have to wait until they have it.

I do not like them returning buildings, period. Maybe I don't like the option I chose on a special building upgrade, and I want to pick the other option. I can't get the upgrades again b/c the event is over. There is no difference.:rolleyes:

jaymoney23456

Inno should have at the very least confiscated the amount of trade coins and gemstones that selling these buildings in the Antiques dealer provide at the highest level, and if you don't have that amount, they go negative or have to wait until they have it.

I do not like them returning buildings, period. Maybe I don't like the option I chose on a special building upgrade, and I want to pick the other option. I can't get the upgrades again b/c the event is over. There is no difference.:rolleyes:
How would it even be determined how many coins/gems specifically a player got if they sold it in the A/D given there are different timers that give different amts of them? Also, what about a player who simply deleted it instead of selling in A/D-if either was done many months or even years ago then inno wouldn't even have a record of this.