• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pop ups

Klockhamer

Is there a way to disable the pop ups when you collect? Very annoying with the constant interruptions. Either you know what you're getting or if its random you will see it in your inventory. Maybe some like the constant congrats but it would be nice to be able to turn it off. Thanks

Klockhamer

Great game but only fun when its not annoying. I'm not willing to spend diamonds to make it so. The FOEanomics dont make sense to me.

Pericles the Lion

Great game but only fun when its not annoying. I'm not willing to spend diamonds to make it so. The FOEanomics dont make sense to me.
The FOEconomics are simple. If you don't want to be annoyed, spend money. INNO didn't invent this concept. It's almost cliche these days. The game provides enough free diamonds (to those so inclined to work for them) to easily handle the 5 diamond collect all.

honey55

I have just come to accept that collecting is very annoying. I'm not going to pay even 5 diamonds. It would actually be 10 as i have 2 collections i don't care to combine. Than there's the collection in my other world. That's 15 a day. Not much, but more tan 5. In a 30 day month that's 450 diamonds. That's just one month. Even if i were to make every thing ready at the same time, it would be 300 a month. I'll just concede, the game likes to annoy us, especially free to play players. It isn't like they couldnt change the way it works. They could. And i still have hope that I'm wrong that they are trying to force us to spend diamonds by annoying us. They have changed other things. I still hope this will be changed too in time.

Sharmon the Impaler

Why would they change it ? The people that it bothers don't spend money on the game and the people it doesn't bother do spend money. Where is Inno's incentive to spend a few weeks changing it ?

Pericles the Lion

I have just come to accept that collecting is very annoying. I'm not going to pay even 5 diamonds. It would actually be 10 as i have 2 collections i don't care to combine. Than there's the collection in my other world. That's 15 a day. Not much, but more tan 5. In a 30 day month that's 450 diamonds. That's just one month. Even if i were to make every thing ready at the same time, it would be 300 a month. I'll just concede, the game likes to annoy us, especially free to play players. It isn't like they couldnt change the way it works. They could. And i still have hope that I'm wrong that they are trying to force us to spend diamonds by annoying us. They have changed other things. I still hope this will be changed too in time.
Two collections, 10 diamonds per day. 70 diamonds per week. On average, GE L4 provides 81 diamonds per week (not to mention the numerous other ways to get free diamonds). The solution to being annoyed is simple and it doesn't require spending money. Which is precisely why INNO will not remove the popups.

Klockhamer

Well I'm definitely not alone in my annoyance. They key thing is people being annoyed = not playing at all. Maybe they crunched the numbers and said,,,"sure, we'll lose some but more will buy diamonds" If I was working at FOE I'd take a different approach. My approach would be to NOT annoy but ramp up the incentives to purchase diamonds like they have with the special offers. People love getting a leg up.

Dominator - X

T'is annoying, but endurable. I do both; collect my fragment producing buildings manually until I run out of BG chances, then pay the 5 dimes to collect the rest.

One method to cut down on the pop-ups when collecting, is try to lump the frag producing buildings together in your city. Make sure your FP bar is empty. Not a requirement, but it helps. At least make sure you have plenty of room for what you are collecting. Then, instead of clicking on them individually, click on the first one and quickly swipe across the rest while holding the mouse button down. It may take some time to perfect this, but it does work.

honey55

While
Two collections, 10 diamonds per day. 70 diamonds per week. On average, GE L4 provides 81 diamonds per week (not to mention the numerous other ways to get free diamonds). The solution to being annoyed is simple and it doesn't require spending money. Which is precisely why INNO will not remove the popups.
While there's ways to get diamonds, i only have one diamond town and ways to spend diamonds is huge. I'd rather get the expansions ands occasionally use some for events. Expansions in titan are not cheap and .neither are events.

Klockhamer

Dominator? You just solved the annoyance with the most logical and simple answer. Cant believe I didn't do that from the get-go. Thanks!

Klockhamer

Another question. Why do some of my cities not show the Truce Tower remaining charges left. I looked at setting but nothing.

PJS299

the numerous other ways to get free diamonds
"Numerous" being
-PvP arena (unlikely)
-GE/GBG (rare)
-WW/FoY (unlikely)
-Quests/Age (rare)
-Continent Map (rare)
-Inviting friends (unlikely)

There are numerous ways to get them, but when you see the odds, you realize the truth. I don't get diamonds from GE very often... (around 23 percent of the time) I just started recording in August:
Screenshot 2023-09-27 21.51.32.png

Johnny B. Goode

My approach would be to NOT annoy but ramp up the incentives to purchase diamonds like they have with the special offers.
There are already tons of positive incentives to purchase Diamonds in the game, from the special offers to spending on events. The annoyance of the pop ups is not positive, but it is an incentive. Just like hot weather is an incentive to buy an AC unit. Be hot and bothered, or spend the money to be cool and collected. (See what I did there?:))

Pericles the Lion

"Numerous" being
-PvP arena (unlikely)
-GE/GBG (rare)
-WW/FoY (unlikely)
-Quests/Age (rare)
-Continent Map (rare)
-Inviting friends (unlikely)

There are numerous ways to get them, but when you see the odds, you realize the truth. I don't get diamonds from GE very often... (around 23 percent of the time) I just started recording in August:
View attachment 20758
"Rare" and "Unlikely" are subjective terms. I play 5 cities and, from all sources, I collect an average of 2,500 diamonds each week. I haven't spent a dime on diamonds in three years.

Pericles the Lion

2,500/week? whats your secret. I was using random buildings like wishing wells but thats rare to get them.
I play 5 cities. One main and 4 GE diamond farms. 250 WW/FoY combined, GE L4 every week in each city. Seed Vaults in every city, heavy GBG in main and one other city. It adds up.