• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Productions for the Piazza Set

Super Catanian

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but here is what happened.

I was doing a bit of minor remodeling while not in reconstruction mode; I simply wanted to move around some stuff.
While doing so, I separated two of the set pieces of the Piazza Set. Since they were not connected for that brief moment, obviously they would generate less resources.
But when I put them back seconds later, I saw that the timer for one of the set pieces had been completely reset! Now it is 4 hours behind of regular production.

Take into consideration that they were still connected to the Town Hall via roads during this time.

Is this the way it's supposed to be, or is it a bug? Help!

RazorbackPirate

Yes. This is the way it's supposed to be. That is why you need to do any changes to a set in Reconstruction Mode. Once you've separated it from the other pieces, the number of activations changes which requires a reset of the timer.

Super Catanian

Yes. This is the way it's supposed to be. That is why you need to do any changes to a set in Reconstruction Mode. Once you've separated it from the other pieces, the number of activations changes which requires a reset of the timer.
Damn! Well, thanks for responding.

Emberguard

@cton2.forge sets have no protection from being plundered aside from just collecting on time. The flip side is you don't have to rely on motivations for them to produce. However the losses from plunderers are so little that you should be able to save enough silver to put 3 day shields whenever a particularly bad hood comes up. Something my first city has only encountered twice over 1.5 years and that's with only having current age GBs (so always near the bottom of the hood for that city)

Non-production building / non-set event buildings will require motivations to give their output. This means as long as you cultivate your friendlist regularly by aiding them as often as possible and are in a guild that requires (and enforces) aiding you can get a reasonably sized city fully motivated. However the further along you go the harder this becomes to achieve because you can fit more stuff in. At which point you need to either upgrade your city to bigger motivated buildings (less motivations needed for similar or same output) or use sets/wishing wells/etc on the side to complement the rest of the city if motivated buildings are what a player wants for the main income.

As far as getting just a little extra out of the city to maximise output once you've got more buildings then can be motivated: Sets are the better option if you want current age goods, WWs are the better option if you want unrefined goods and don't want to keep upgrading the sets

Last edited:

DeletedUser13838

Non-production building / non-set event buildings will require motivations to give their output. This means as long as you cultivate your friendlist regularly by aiding them as often as possible and are in a guild that requires (and enforces) aiding you can get a reasonably sized city fully motivated. However the further along you go the harder this becomes to achieve because you can fit more stuff in. At which point you need to either upgrade your city to bigger motivated buildings (less motivations needed for similar or same output) or use sets/wishing wells/etc on the side to complement the rest of the city if motivated buildings are what a player wants for the main income.
Since I started playing, the maximum size of the city has increased quite a bit while the maximum pool of aiders has remained the same. This means that it takes (on average) more people to maintain (fully motivate) a city. I wonder if it's time e to consider increasing the size of our social networks either by increasing the size of the hoods, guilds and/or friends list to keep up.

Emberguard

It'd be good if they start by dumping the restrictions on friend lists (the 80 max for invites).

While a greater network would help with motivations it'd also increase the amount of clicks needed to maintain a network which can already be quite tedious due to the repetitiveness. So if there were some way of increasing motivation/network that doesn't require more aiding but is still meaningful in some way that'd be a good thing.

DeletedUser36624

As long as something is a once a day collection, I don't mind it being plunderable. The major downside (to me anyway) to sets over major pieces is the amount of reno/oneup kits required when aging up.

DeletedUser

You got my attention - what are the other reasons?
The other reasons for me are the fact that if you reaarrare your city you have to make sure to fit these together right to get all the bonuses, they can be plundered and each piece of the set requires their own Renovation or One-up Kit.