• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proposal to Submit to INNO

• Thread starter DeletedUser16120
  • Start date

DeletedUser16120

Proposal to read:

Released sectors by a guild may not be reacquired by same guild until a different guild has owned sector for ONE(1) calculation cycle.

This proposal is simple and will solve much dissention and questionable tactic being evolved in US 13 and other servers.

DeletedUser26532

No.

While it is possible to point-farm a sector using this, its also a reasonable battle tactic to build and maintain a shield wall to trap and enemy or prevent their advance.

Or what about if you end up backed into a corner, release some tiles, and the enemy then just leaves you alone. Your guild is permanently trapped with no way out. This adds more problem than it solves.

Also something something format.

DeletedUser16120

exactly...releasing tiles as a defense will also come to a halt...they cannot be retaken either...it also solves this problem and the attacking guild will be able to advance...you added to the argument to put something in place to prevent this...if guilds want to trap themselves...its their own foolishness...thank you for your comments

DeletedUser32389

First
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/

Second
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-time-penalty-after-being-removed.21555/
Now this isn't exactly the same, but it's close; It's another way to slow down GVG. Fight for it if you want, but you're not going to find much support around here.
giphy.gif

DeletedUser16120

im not sure why you spammed this with guideline links that are at the top of the forum for everyone to read...or put an animation on this discussion page...or speak for 'around here' peeps...this proposal will actually invigorate the gvg fighting that can be bogged down with released sectors...
...I have been told this proposal will be attacked and ruined by the npc farming guilds...I guess this is the start...individual comments are all that are needed here...im just trying to keep a clean page...please no more spam...thank you

DeletedUser31440

im not sure why you spammed this with guideline links that are at the top of the forum for everyone to read...or put an animation on this discussion page...or speak for 'around here' peeps...this proposal will actually invigorate the gvg fighting that can be bogged down with released sectors...
...I have been told this proposal will be attacked and ruined by the npc farming guilds...I guess this is the start...individual comments are all that are needed here...im just trying to keep a clean page...please no more spam...thank you

Probably meant to help you find the proposal format guidelines, which you apparently know about but still ignore...

DeletedUser32389

im not sure why
If you're not sure, reading helps. I explained why pretty succinctly.
attacked and ruined by the npc farming guilds
Explaining to you why this is a bad idea is not an attack, and on the same note you can't ruin what doesn't work.
Also, if this was about NPCs being hit and farmed you wouldn't care, it's about holding tiles against other guilds. NPC farming is still battles being won, and hours of gameplay for INNO. It's not abuse of the system in any way.
proposal will actually invigorate the gvg fighting that can be bogged down with released sectors
There is already a timer in place that keeps you from releasing and taking a tile more than once a day, your idea only adds restriction. That doesn't invigorate anything.

im just trying to keep a clean page
WdWtZIN.png

DeletedUser16120

ok...I give up...if anyone else would like to word something following guidelines to #stopthefarming please do...and please stop the mail campaign to me...uncle uncle

DeletedUser33139

Once someone releases a sector, they should not be able to retake it for 72 hours. It will also make GvG much more interesting, as folks will not just take/drop if they can't get back that direction for three days. 72 hours will slow the farming down. I personally got my 100 million player points through hard fought GvG battles etc.. Now most folks just farm.. I don't even play GvG much anymore, because player points are pretty worthless because of the massive farming going on..It makes the game even more boring and anyone can do it with little risk. There is no skill whatsoever in farming. So as GvG becomes more pointless so will this game for me.. Thus reducing Inno's ability to generate revenue from all the diamonds I purchase ;-)

DeletedUser26532

To sum up that post:

Zeebos got his 100M points through farming. But he doesn't want anyone else to.

Yep, gives me lots of reason to support that.

DeletedUser33139

To sum up that post:

Not sure who you are, but if thats what you think.. You don't know me. I attack folks in GvG. Not farm.. Nice excuse though. Let me know who you are so I can show your guild how I make my points ;-)

DeletedUser26532

Oh my god! I got threatened on the Internet in a game!

I'll tell my bunny slippers to take cover.

DeletedUser

To sum up that post:

I hesitate to get in the middle of it, but I think you misread/misinterpreted his post. It's pretty clear to me that he was saying that he got his points in GvG wars as opposed to just farming sectors.:)

DeletedUser32389

I hesitate to get in the middle of it, but I think you misread/misinterpreted his post. It's pretty clear to me that he was saying that he got his points in GvG wars as opposed to just farming sectors.:)
Which begs the question: why does he care about some little people farming points? Nobody makes it to the top by farming points on NPCs. They have to make nice on global and eek out an existence on the maps. C'mon @Zeebos , if your such a big bad wolf why can't you shut those farmers down and eat their lunch? What world(s) do you play on?
Do you even lift?o_O

DeletedUser33139

Which begs the question: why does he care about some little people farming points? Nobody makes it to the top by farming points on NPCs. They have to make nice on global and eek out an existence on the maps. C'mon @Zeebos , if your such a big bad wolf why can't you shut those farmers down and eat their lunch? What world(s) do you play on?
Do you even lift?o_O
I play on Noarsil. Haven't lifted for years lol. But I do constantly attack beaches and drive through to hit farming sectors.. Then release. Then I'm called a troll by these guilds that prop up players who don't know how to fight. If you look at my server.. Three or four people who never fight in GvG wars, have gained 50 million points each in the last month just sitting back on the rest of their guild because the real fighters who we used to fight against are all bored with GvG as it stands. So they create big farming sectors for their guild and these weak players have gained a bunch of points through farming in a month.. When it took real fighters years to get there. It has made it pretty pointless to use player points as a judgement of a players ability, it's now just a measurement of how long you want to click a button for. I guess it was kind of like that in the past as well, but at least the victims fought back. It's unsporting and ridiculous to shoot a duck in a barrel, but when it's flying around it's much harder and more sporting and you need to use better tactics to make the kill. I can't wait for Inno to fix GvG so these folks that are high points and have no idea about tactics, will really show their colors.

DeletedUser33139

I play on Noarsil. Haven't lifted for years lol. But I do constantly attack beaches and drive through to hit farming sectors.. Then release. Then I'm called a troll by these guilds that prop up players who don't know how to fight. If you look at my server.. Three or four people who never fight in GvG wars, have gained 50 million points each in the last month just sitting back on the rest of their guild because the real fighters who we used to fight against are all bored with GvG as it stands. So they create big farming sectors for their guild and these weak players have gained a bunch of points through farming in a month.. When it took real fighters years to get there. It has made it pretty pointless to use player points as a judgement of a players ability, it's now just a measurement of how long you want to click a button for. I guess it was kind of like that in the past as well, but at least the victims fought back. It's unsporting and ridiculous to shoot a duck in a barrel, but when it's flying around it's much harder and more sporting and you need to use better tactics to make the kill. I can't wait for Inno to fix GvG so these folks that are high points and have no idea about tactics, will really show their colors.
Or better yet.. Inno should reset all maps in GvG every month. Guilds should be given back all goods they used to get sectors. That will make it a ton of fun. Battling to get the GvG champ title at the end of the month.