• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Push Accounts

sirblu

In a few recent post I saw references made to "Push Accounts".

What exactly are "push accounts"?
Are they not illegal as I thought it was only 1 account per player per world?
And if they really are permitted - how do you go about setting one up?

DeletedUser31592

A push account is when someone sets up a second account (different log-in) and creates a second city in a world in order to aid their main city. Basically, they donate all their FPs and stuff to the main city, unfairly advancing it.

It violates the terms of service and when caught, the accounts typically get shut down.

Inno has incorporated a few features that prevent them. You cannot donate FPs to an account that logs in from the same computer/device. I know this is frustrating to families and roommates who play together.

DeletedUser26154

Are they not illegal as I thought it was only 1 account per player per world?

Push accounts, meaning a second or more account under your control, are technically illegal.
To me, it's all about how you use them and the intent.
In a lot of games, people will run more than one account, but not for bad or the wrong reasons.
In FoE, having "push" accounts gives too much advantage due to Forge Point Swaps.

892fc457b5850cfb076a01a431fab4dbc7e4412d8b703ac524d19f2531975d12.png

As far as I'm concerned, multiple accounts were never a problem, unless you are using them to hurt another's game.

sirblu

Thank you all for your responses - I did actually read the linked page for the contract agreement, that is how I knew multiple accounts per person per world were not allowed. I just did not know they were called "Push Accounts" and while I agree that multiple accounts for unfair play advantage should remain illegal, I would like to see Inno adapt some sort of accepted player "Alternate or Sub-City" that would be linked to their main city in that world where say a player could have one city for fighting and one just to produce the goods necessary for doing battle in GvG. Perhaps the Sub-city could be set up not to generate Forge points so the unfair game play would be eliminated. Just a thought - but it would probably be a programming nightmare. lol

Lucifer1904

That would still be considered "pushing" unfortunately, trading regularly between accounts is considered pushing. Pushing simply means you made another account to benefit your main account.

DeletedUser12620

I would like to see Inno adapt some sort of accepted player "Alternate or Sub-City" that would be linked to their main city in that world where say a player could have one city for fighting and one just to produce the goods necessary for doing battle in GvG. Perhaps the Sub-city could be set up not to generate Forge points so the unfair game play would be eliminated. Just a thought - but it would probably be a programming nightmare. lol
Is that considered a push account?

sirblu

That would still be considered "pushing" unfortunately, trading regularly between accounts is considered pushing. Pushing simply means you made another account to benefit your main account.
My thought was NOT for a separate account. Same account, same city, same login - just a separate area attached to your city to set up Goods Buildings for manufacturing the goods needed for GvG. Like I said it would most likely be a programming nightmare. And it was just a passing thought.

DeletedUser12620

My thought was NOT for a separate account. Same account, same city, same login - just a separate area attached to your city to set up Goods Buildings for manufacturing the goods needed for GvG. Like I said it would most likely be a programming nightmare. And it was just a passing thought.

This does not benefit the main account, however, the whole guild itself.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that would come under Expansions on the Do Not Suggest List, so...
This does not benefit the main account, however, the whole guild itself.
Sure it would benefit the main account. A separate area outside your city to produce goods for the guild treasury? Freeing up space inside your city? How is that not a benefit to the player?