• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PVP arena rewards currently underwhelming

Loren1979

I'm #148 on my main and do just enough to remain comfortably in the #51-500. Getting in the top 50 is, IMO, a matter of bragging rights. The simple fact that there are 50 players willing to spend a ton of medals for extra turns and spend the time fighting tells me that bragging rights are enough. Not for you, not for me, but enough for them which is what matters.
Better rewards would mean more competition and increase bragging rights for those who care about that:) More fun for everyone.

Pericles the Lion

Better rewards would mean more competition and increase bragging rights for those who care about that:) More fun for everyone.
I've made a run at #50 a couple of times. At best I got into the 70's. It's tough. There's plenty of competition now for these top spots.

Sledgie

Not to mention the fact that you have to be in a top era. That's the biggest sticking point for my FE city, it's just not in a high enough era to realistically have a shot at top 50.
FE is one of the easiest eras to fight PvP arena in and be in the top 50. If you're not top 50 in FE, you're not putting in the effort/medals.

Last edited:

Sledgie

I am in SAJM and the main advantage is no players at a level higher than me and I can pretty much attack any player and win guaranteed and no getting knocked down from losing a fight or someone attacking me. You get more points the higher up in Eras you go.
IMO SAJM and FE are the easiest eras for high placement in the PvP arena. FE because hovers are very effective against most AF-VF troops (you can use any flying unit for the one NPC that has all artillery), and SAJM for the reasons you listed.

Johnny B. Goode

FE is one of the easiest eras to fight PvP arena in and be in the top 50. If you're not top 50 in FE, you're not putting in the effort/medals.
It's the easiest to consistently fight the higher eras. I never lose a battle when attacking in PVP Arena in this city. I do not spend any medals on it, and I don't bother maximizing my number of fights, mainly because top 50 is not something I care that much about. The only top 50 reward worth extra effort is the 20% chance at 50 Diamonds, but I get between 200-500 Diamonds daily just from collecting my Diamond mine cities, so even if I was guaranteed the 50 Diamond reward every week I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. Maybe if it were my only active city, but it's not.

Sledgie

It's the easiest to consistently fight the higher eras. I never lose a battle when attacking in PVP Arena in this city. I do not spend any medals on it, and I don't bother maximizing my number of fights, mainly because top 50 is not something I care that much about. The only top 50 reward worth extra effort is the 20% chance at 50 Diamonds, but I get between 200-500 Diamonds daily just from collecting my Diamond mine cities, so even if I was guaranteed the 50 Diamond reward every week I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. Maybe if it were my only active city, but it's not.
Incorrect. It is the easiest to consistently fight in FE, SAV, and SAJM. AF/OF units aren't very good against space age units in the hard fights, and VF-SAAB units have trouble with Power Dragons in the hard fights.

Johnny B. Goode

Incorrect. It is the easiest to consistently fight in FE, SAV, and SAJM. AF/OF units aren't very good against space age units in the hard fights, and VF-SAAB units have trouble with Power Dragons in the hard fights.
Okay, let me rephrase. It's easier to fight the higher eras in FE than in any previous era. I've never fought PVP Arena in AF/OF/VF, and my SAM city is strictly for WWs and level 1 GE. And I don't have a city higher than SAM.

CDmark

I usually go for 50,000 points then done. I am in ME so 8 Mech Arts do the trick for same age battles. I just went to Col in the other, so same plan, 8 field guns. It is small extras for me, that's how I play it.

Ebeondi Asi

You have to compete against the level 20 Castles in your world as well which have a big advantage over a level 10 castle. Much more free tokens.
I am at Castle level 17 and my increase is 26.5 minutes off the standard2 hours. So it is a somewhat faster reset, but not as impressive as Sharmon claims.
In ten hours the five spots refilled free. For me that takes 7 hrs 47.5 minutes. Plus how often one is logged in a way more important that saving that almost half hour each two. If a player is not on to use them.. they stop adding up at five.

MKPapa

Yep, PVP rewards are underwhelming compared to GbG and GE.
For me PVP is just a testing field. I manually fight there (or watch the auto fight) to get a better feel of various era troops and preferred army patterns.

Ebeondi Asi

Yep, PVP rewards are underwhelming compared to GbG and GE.
For me PVP is just a testing field. I manually fight there (or watch the auto fight) to get a better feel of various era troops and preferred army patterns.
When I was in lower Eras... PvP was really useful that way.I could manually battle next Era troops and see how they did. It was very nice to be able to do that.

85gt

Rewards nothing much, I was just curious if the bot fighters for those in SAJM that are no age if their Atk/Def is the same for everyone