• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP change/Tech Tree change

DeletedUser31392

Two players negatively affected just on this one post alone suggests to me this will negatively affect more players than I thought as most players don't even know about the forums.

As to the change as well another theory is this change goes to the concept of giving an incentive to players to advance. I can't recall either if Inno gave any reasoning as to why they want players to advance, guess they just got something against campers.

I know for certain of at least 1 player that was unaware of the change, and he was working on the event as well. Made it to 41, I mentioned to him about the change and he was confused why I was asking him about his map when he could just attack his hood. Then got super mad at the fact he was shut out of the rest of the event after spending so much time and effort in planning and deploying a strategy to finish the event.

Sure we both could just advance to Iron Age and dump in 100 goods to a random Guild. But I had plans to stay BA for a longer time, and he does as well.

And I know before this change I would not be able to complete all Events thrown at me if I wanted to stay in BA a longer time, but my strategy was to pick and choose the Events. Which were going to be Halloween and possibly the winter event before advancing onward. So yes it most certainly seems Inno is heavily against campers, though doing this is going to make those players NEVER want to pay money on this game, whereas before I was inclined to do so (after my financial burdens are remedied) when the right offer came up to me. Now I don't ever plan to purchase a thing from this game. Way to go on losing a paying customer Inno! (And yes I have spent money on this game before to purchase diamonds early on when I started)

DeletedUser26965

Can you trade BA for IA goods and donate them?
You could though of course that takes time and more planning than one would have thought otherwise. The main point being is that PvP was an option when the event began and now, in the middle of the event, it's not.

edit: wait I think there's one that says "from your current age or below" if I recall so that wouldn't work for them.

DeletedUser13838

I agree it was a stupid change, especially given the timing, but as no one from inno has bothered to respond I think if those players who are blocked want to finish the event they'll probably have to take matters into their own hands. Can't hurt to try with higher aged goods.

DeletedUser26965

Can't hurt to try with higher aged goods
Sure, nothing wrong with trying but I doubt donating higher age goods will work.

Let me list the pertinent quests for reference;

7) Acquire 2 sectors without fighting OR defeat 70 enemy units in battle
25) Win 2 battles OR donate 30 goods either from your current era or the era below to the guild treasury
32) Defeat 16 enemy units in battle OR donate 40 goods either from your current era or the era below to the Guild Treasury
42) Win 5 battles without losing in between OR donate 100 goods either from your current era or the era below to the Guild Treasury

and here's the other cmap quests;

20) Gain control over a province OR solve 12 encounters in the Guild Expedition
23) Scout a province OR donate 700 goods either from your current era or the era below to the Guild Treasury
27) Acquire 3 sectors without fighting
35) Scout a province
39) Acquire 3 sectors by fight or negotiation
45) Gain control over a province
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Halloween_Event

DeletedUser31592

Neither IA goods nor medals will work. I knew they didn't in previous events, but I just tried to make certain.

No response to my ticket yet.

Right now I'm still thinking this through. If I push to IA, I'm going to be pretty much out of all goods and FPs, making the quests impossible anyway. So I don't see a win. Players with more time in BA should be able to move on to IA and make due. Anyone with less than 2 weeks in, even experienced like I am, is going to have a hard time with this.

DeletedUser31392

I did get lucky and was able to finish. I had 4/5 on #42, and the sector I went after worked with the 4horse/warrior combo. Though I had 1 troop at half health remaining so it was pretty close. That was the only sector I had unlocked that was winnable at my current standings (since I don't have Zeus at all), so had I not already had 4/5 on that quest ALL my prior progress and map advancement would have been for NOTHING.

Still waiting a response from and Inno staff member or Dev...

DeletedUser31592

I got the token 'we've received your message' message. So it'll probably be another day before I get an actual person responding.

I can't believe it has been what, 8, 9 hours, and still silence. Pretty ridiculous.

DeletedUser31392

I got the token 'we've received your message' message. So it'll probably be another day before I get an actual person responding.

I can't believe it has been what, 8, 9 hours, and still silence. Pretty ridiculous.

Even a simple post stating something like "this was intended and will explain soon" or "this was not intended to be released yet and are working on fixing this and making things right"

That's all it takes to quell the noise that is going on. Pop up one of those in game announcements saying the same thing so players there that don't visit this forums know something is up.

Complete silence after 8 hours is pretty terrible... =\

DeletedUser31440

A guild full of Iron Age players, they're all completely safe from plunder and they all have what should be considered too many goods buildings, and did I mention that they own the entire Iron Age GvG Map. I think that would be amazing to see.

DeletedUser31981

In case no one noticed, since Inno didn't see fit to announce this, they have changed the rules on low level PvP. Now you have to unlock a tech that is late in the Iron Age tech tree in order to attack your neighbors or be attacked by them. There are players upset, and rightly so, that they did this in the middle of an event that has multiple quests requiring battles. I have looked at the tech tree in Iron Age, and it is now technically possible to get into the first part of EMA without unlocking the PvP tech, thus rendering yourself plunder-proof through the end of Iron Age. No word on what this means for the BA tower, since the only battles those players can now do is on the Continent Map.

This is another step in an alarming trend by Inno to make significant changes to the game without so much as whisper to the players about it. Thoughts?
I am one of the people they decided to test this stuff on and I'm not real happy with it Reducing the number of FP required in the BA and AI eras will not allow a new player time to establish themselves. I was able to research the entire BA tech tree in less than 24 hrs and no diamonds used. I saw be the time I was able to enter AI, I had no goods built up and no military to speak of. I had to stop and wait. As we all know a new player will rush headlong into IA and leave the game in a week.
As for the Dailies, this was an unfortunate choice made by INNO. It puts me in a place where I can get items and building normally only available in events or GE. This should not have been done in a peace meal fashion. This has already caused people to leave the world.

DeletedUser30900

I keep hearing people talking about “I have to camp in BA for a while to get enough good :(“ that’s so funny.... I remeber I pushed through all ages until lma then I read CR’s guide then camp in CA for 4 month.but I never had no issues about goods,at all, i plundered, gvg, GE and everything else. I guess you guys just play the game differently :) stop whining

DeletedUser31592

I keep hearing people talking about “I have to camp in BA for a while to get enough good :(“ that’s so funny.... I remeber I pushed through all ages until lma then I read CR’s guide then camp in CA for 4 month.but I never had no issues about goods,at all, i plundered, gvg, GE and everything else. I guess you guys just play the game differently :) stop whining
Out of curiosity- what age are you currently in?

DeletedUser30900

Out of curiosity- what age are you currently in?
I decided to step into InA for the black tower. I have all my GBS lv7 or above besides Inno and arc and leveling them in a good pace(1 level per 4 days or less one by one) and I'm in top 200 in the global ranking. Curiosity filled?

DeletedUser30900

I decided to step into InA for the black tower. I have all my GBS lv7 or above besides Inno and arc and leveling them in a good pace(1 level per 4 days or less one by one) and I'm in top 200 in the global ranking. Curiosity filled?
additional info, all gbs besides mentioned lv9 or above besides cf and traz