• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Q:GvG guild ranking points

Henuses

Hello, as you will quickly ascertain I am new to GvG.

I have an IA city and landed onto the IA map. Took over the sector and placed 8 DA's.

As a result it added 2 points to our guild's ranking points.

What I am wondering is if the 2 points come from only taking over and owning a sector at recalc? A
if that is the case what is the use of holding lots of sectors while giving up lots of units?
Finally, is there any way to get daily points for my guild in GvG other than taking over and owning a sector?

Thank you very much for reading my basic but important question and for the the time anyone takes up in responding.

Take care

Henuses

Hello, as you will quickly ascertain I am new to GvG.

I have an IA city and landed onto the IA map. Took over the sector and placed 8 DA's.

As a result it added 2 points to our guild's ranking points.

What I am wondering is if the 2 points come from only taking over and owning a sector at recalc? A
if that is the case what is the use of holding lots of sectors while giving up lots of units?
Finally, is there any way to get daily points for my guild in GvG other than taking over and owning a sector?

Thank you very much for reading my basic but important question and for the the time anyone takes up in responding.

Take care

Edit:Add: I ask as we have had the 1 sector for weeks but nothing since the initial 2 point boost.

DeletedUser29726

Power points are what you earn to make progress to next guild level. Look at the level tab of your guild to see your progress there. You get 2 power points daily at recalc from the sector described. These you keep after you earn.

Prestige points are what determine guild rankings. Your prestige points are equal to a sum of all your current GvG holdings plus 25*guild level. If you lose sectors, at next recalc those points will go down.

Henuses

Thank you @heybo the 2 page thread helps but my simpleton brain was not catching on I've been through other forum posts, Wiki, Google pages, etc but was thinking (for some odd reason) that as long as we had a sector, prestige would go up by 2 and thus continually gain guild ranking points/space.

It wasn't until @xivarmy's post that something seems to have clicked and I think I am getting a foothold of what are simple enough details but much like algebra for me takes me a while to acclimate to.

Thank you much for the messages, links and explanation.

P.s. Goggle not always a friend. When it has you drive around the back of a chain of stores for the entrance, Google and I are for the day no longer on speaking terms ;)

DeletedUser3882

P.s. Goggle not always a friend. When it has you drive around the back of a chain of stores for the entrance, Google and I are for the day no longer on speaking terms ;)
This is hilarious! Been through plenty of cow pastures and stared down a river or few soon after the road ends myself!