• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions and non feedback comments about the Winter Event

DeletedUser

I was wondering, did you spend any diamonds?

A bit yes , this is not designed as a play through for free in the least. The Shuffle kills any hope of getting the calendar end prizes no matter what unless you spend diamonds. I am referring to the Calendar mini game not being doable without diamonds not the event as a whole. The Calendar is a write off without spending diamonds. You can get 2 Bakeries without diamonds and 3 with about 3Kdiamonds spent. I will have 12 bakeries at the end of this event so I may have spent 1 or 2 diamonds along the way

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow , someone makes a mistake , doesn't own it and then blames everyone around him for it. Nuff said folks , you clearly answered his question multiple times. Denial doesn't mean it didn't happen @OP. They even give you the whole quest list before the event that spans 3 GEs. You can't hold off on one of them so you are still low enough in that GE so that you can complete the event quest easily ?

Graviton

If it is however not fun and those running it are adversarial to the users then it does not work. I posted a problem here that is reasonable.

Well no, you posted incorrect assumptions about DCs (that they offer alternatives, and that negotiations require diamonds). Now you're leaning so far into victimhood you're accusing the company that runs the game of being adversarial to players. That last is especially unreasonable.

The game, maybe in the Story line, pushes for an Age upgrade that makes it impossible to continue with the event.

I'll repeat: that depends on the state of your city. You have placed your city into that situation, Inno didn't. The game is about how efficiently you use your resources, and one of those resources is time. The game is about choices and trade-offs. Choices have consequences, some of which don't become apparent immediately. Events tend to reveal shortcomings in game play that one doesn't see in normal day-to-day play. One can either plan for them, or not. That's another choice.

INNO should have made the Age demanded of the units or negotiation to satisfy the quest dependent on the player's capacity or built in some other work around, like a payment not in diamonds.

The negotiations don't require diamonds in the first place. If you don't have enough goods to repeat the negotiations, that's not Inno's fault. If you have advanced an Age without proper planning, that's not Inno's fault. If you have already advanced as far as you can on the Campaign Map, that is not Inno's fault.

The response I got was simply abusive.

There's a difference between blunt and abusive. When you blame Inno for your game play, and ignore the advice given to you, that's a lot closer to abusive than anybody has been on this thread.

You are not a victim. Inno is not out to get you. Change your perspective, adapt your game play, and the game will be fun again. Cling to victimhood and nothing will ever be fun. The good news is: that is entirely within your power. You don't have to sit around and wait for Inno to change anything, you can fix it yourself.

Johnny B. Goode

The game punishes for leveling up, to a degree that stops play.
No, the game punishes for leveling up without a plan. Which is as it should be. There is a ton of information available about this game and what you can expect in it. There is even a chart in the official Foe Wiki that outlines exactly what goods you will need for the tech tree: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Research
There is the Forum here, where you can ask all sorts of questions beforehand about pretty much any aspect of the game and get good info to help plan. And then there's common sense, which would tell anyone who has been playing the game for a while that it is an extremely bad idea to blindly age up during an event if they expect to be able to continue fulfilling event quests. You can look at the first few techs of the new era, for example, and see if one of them unlocks a military building. Then if you have a Traz, or the space to build the barracks and train those troops, you can plan on getting them in a fairly timely manner. The game punishes for playing blindly. Which includes fulfilling non-event quests (and researching a tech is always a non-event quest) that interfere with successfully finishing the event.

DreadfulCadillac

You may be correct on that. If the level up was forced by the Story quest, or a side to that, then I should have noted that. It does not invalidate my point but is worth noting. Daily quests with complex negotiations are annoying but can be ignored. INNO however has tied them to the Event with the lock scheme. Not playing the Daily means not playing the Event.
I have not been required to research anything for the winter event.

UP ONLINE

LMAO I'm not going to pay any Diamonds to get those rewords
They never make things clear in the game To get you to Waist your Diamonds, like on the rain deer page

Johnny B. Goode

No, you do not get them after the event is over. The only way to get the Reindeer Sleigh "prizes" is to pay the 2995 Diamonds before the event ends.

Acolyte

Will there be another daily special in 24 hours even though there will be just 4 hours of the event left?

Bonobas

It should be... For 4 hours and 30 minutes... I guess....
And what I am interested in: will we get another 10 stars for logging in on the last day??? :rolleyes: That's what I need to get 3 fully upgraded bakeries...
Thanks! And Happy New Year!

DreadfulCadillac

It should be... For 4 hours and 30 minutes... I guess....
And what I am interested in: will we get another 10 stars for logging in on the last day??? :rolleyes: That's what I need to get 3 fully upgraded bakeries...
Thanks! And Happy New Year!
probably, in alot of events they do give you the daily currency on thhe last day

Lord Pest

Ended up 35 matches away from 3 bakeries. Never planned on placing them in my town. They will sit in inventory till next year. Maybe in next winters event they will see an upgrade or an upgrade will be offered as a daily special. I’m only interested in their fighting bonus and for their size it just wasn’t with it.

Johnny B. Goode

So this is a post to expand on how far my 6 cities where I completed all event quests got to 3 fully upgraded Winter Bakeries.

6 cities...3 Bakeries/14 upgrades in 2 cities...3 Bakeries/13 Upgrades in 3 cities...2 Bakeries/13 Upgrades in one city.
Closest city to getting 15th Upgrade: 19 Matchsticks short. Averaging 2 Matchsticks per box, it would have taken 10 more chances, meaning 100 more Stars.
Farthest city: 78 Matchsticks short. Averaging 2 Matchsticks per box, it would have taken 39 more chances, meaning 390 more Stars.
A little more luck would lower those numbers a bit, some bad luck would raise them.

Collecting Stars from Incidents is the only free way to get more Stars. On the best days, I collected about 15 in one of my cities. Some days there were only 3 or 4. I collected every Incident I could find for at least 3/4 of the event. It's easy to see that there would not have been enough additional Stars in Incidents on the days I didn't get them all to make up the difference.