• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions regarding fragment maintenance.

Wwwoodchuck

I am an old man whose mind is slowly fading, I play to relax and have some fun while still trying to be competitive and help my Guild. For me, the game is getting a bit confusing/frustrating.

Let’s look at one part, perhaps folks here can help me with: ‘fragments’. I find myself clicking through the pages of them, completely confused.

I have 8 pages, 61 different items of fragments in inventory. Where do they all come from? I look through and see I have almost enough for a Jumpin’ Pumpkin! Where do those fragments come from? Or Feta Farms, where do they come from? One up kits, Mass self Aid kits, Apple trees….! Are they something my city makes each day, did I get them from an event, GE maybe. A daily prize for something? Can I get or make more of them? Is there another way besides opening up each building in my city to see if it makes a fragment of something or not, or if that fragment makes another building that makes the fragments of the building I desire more of?

Secondly, how do other players manage their fragments? I have 12,330 fragments of Mass Self-Aid Kits, I can assemble 30 fragments at a time to create one of them. Is this something I am going to have to do every day, assemble fragments? Only as needed? Is there a way to mass assemble them? While not a fragment, I have 1,938 Buccaneer’s Bounty chests and will get more tomorrow, I can open 2 at a time. That is opening 969 times to get at the 15,504 FP in them?

There has to be a better way to manage these things in inventory. It is likely something very simple that has eluded me. I really would appreciate any help folks could give me.

Pericles the Lion

I manage fragments every day after I collect my city. I assemble items when I accumulate enough frags. I plant new buildings when it makes sense and when I have enough kits to build a complete building. This only takes me a few seconds to do.

I'll help you with the Buccaneer's Bounty chests. Open up your inventory, locate the chests and click on the hammer to use them. This will open up a pop-up menu. Click on the minus sign. This will open up the option to use the most that you can subject to the 100FP limit on your bar. If you have zero FPs on your bar you can open 13.

1698836664803.png

Last edited:

Goth Almighty

A brief history: the first fragments were given as rewards for quests (daily, story and events) when Inno got too cheap to give the entire bldg. as a reward (most fragments are for bldgs, except for the One Up Kits, Renovation Kits, etc.). Remember the good old days when a complete Store Bldg was given as a reward? When players readily accepted a partial reward, instead of the whole reward (when they could have complained en masse), Inno realized it had a good thing going so they started offering fragments of rewards all the time instead of the whole thing.

So, the OP's first question was: where do fragments come from? Nowadays, most of them come from events. When you play events, you'll get a ton more frags than if you don't play them. The next question is: what to do with them? The answer is simple: there's no sense in keeping them unless you plan on placing the building in your city (Store Bldgs, Renovation Kits and One Up Kits are very valuable and I would keep them). Bottom line: figure out which buildings you plan on putting in your city and then keep the fragments for those buildings and delete the rest. But, if you're like me, you'll find out that you won't be able to decide which buildings you'll eventually want to place in your city. In that case, you can keep the fragments until there are enough to make a whole building and then, in addition to placing the building in your city, you'll have the opportunity to exchange it at the Antiques Dealer for Trade Coins and Gemstones.

Sharmon the Impaler

A brief history: the first fragments were given as rewards for quests (daily, story and events) when Inno got too cheap to give the entire bldg. as a reward (most fragments are for bldgs, except for the One Up Kits, Renovation Kits, etc.). Remember the good old days when a complete Store Bldg was given as a reward? When players readily accepted a partial reward, instead of the whole reward (when they could have complained en masse), Inno realized it had a good thing going so they started offering fragments of rewards all the time instead of the whole thing.

So, the OP's first question was: where do fragments come from? Nowadays, most of them come from events. When you play events, you'll get a ton more frags than if you don't play them. The next question is: what to do with them? The answer is simple: there's no sense in keeping them unless you plan on placing the building in your city (Store Bldgs, Renovation Kits and One Up Kits are very valuable and I would keep them). Bottom line: figure out which buildings you plan on putting in your city and then keep the fragments for those buildings and delete the rest. But, if you're like me, you'll find out that you won't be able to decide which buildings you'll eventually want to place in your city. In that case, you can keep the fragments until there are enough to make a whole building and then, in addition to placing the building in your city, you'll have the opportunity to exchange it at the Antiques Dealer for Trade Coins and Gemstones.
Just in case you have a bunch of Aid All frags , keep those too.

Sharmon the Impaler

They aid all of your buildings at the same time and are given by Nutcracker Guardhouses given by Chocolate and Ketabo factories in the last winter event. If you don't have any look for them in this winters event as part of the Epic kits.

Pericles the Lion

These days, with the introduction of gold upgrades to earlier buildings (e.g Athlon Abbey, Sunflower Oil Press, etc.) I recommend caution when deleting frags or selling stuff to the AD. Unless you really need trade coins or gemstones to buy stuff from the AD it may be best just to let items collect dust just in case today's mediocre building becomes more desirable later on.

Johnny B. Goode

(most fragments are for bldgs, except for the One Up Kits, Renovation Kits, etc.)
Actually, most fragments are for consumable items and boost bottles.
So, the OP's first question was: where do fragments come from? Nowadays, most of them come from events.
Not true. Most of them come from buildings in your city. Those buildings come from events, but the fragments don't. The secondary sources of fragments are GE and GBG.
I manage fragments every day after I collect my city. I assemble items when I accumulate enough frags. I plant new buildings when it makes sense and when I have enough kits to build a complete building. This only takes me a few seconds to do.
Exactly right. I have done this since fragments were introduced. Only recently did I find that you can only assemble one item at a time no matter how many fragments you have, which would be incredibly time consuming if you let them go too long. I shudder to think how long it would take me if I had never assembled the fragments since they started showing up.
I have 12,330 fragments of Mass Self-Aid Kits, I can assemble 30 fragments at a time to create one of them.
Yikes! That's 411 separate assemblies. On the bright side, that's over a year's worth of aid for your city even if all your friends disappeared.

Wwwoodchuck

Perhaps I was not clear in my original question.

I understand where the fragments themselves come from and how they are created. I was trying to ask how do I find out where each one specifically comes from.

Example:

Jumpin’ Pumpkin: where specifically do these specific fragments come from? I see in inventory I have 22/100. Did they come from an event, building in my city or quest reward? If an event, am I unlikely to get more of them for a year until that event comes up again? If a quest reward, which quest: Daily challenge, event quest, that popup AB test daily reward thing that just disappeared or maybe some new quest reward? Perhaps a new GbG or GE reward? Are they in one of the Epic Selection kits I have in inventory, there are getting to be quite a few. If a building in my city creates them, how do I know which one? Do I need to go around and click each building to find out if it makes fragments of Jumpin’ Pumpkin? We also have buildings that make fragments of selection kits. Do I need to look through all the selection kits I have fragments of, to see if Jumpin’ Pumpkin is in one of them? And we also have buildings that make fragments of buildings that give fragments of still other buildings. I am at a loss as to how to find out where each of the fragment selections in inventory comes from in the above manners. This is the question I was asking: where specifically does each different fragment item in inventory come from. Is there any way to find out in a reasonable manner?

Then we have the Feta Farm, finish production or any of the other fragment items I have in inventory, replace any of them with Jumpin’ Pumpkin in the previous paragraph.

Pericles the Lion

Perhaps I was not clear in my original question.

I understand where the fragments themselves come from and how they are created. I was trying to ask how do I find out where each one specifically comes from.

Example:

Jumpin’ Pumpkin: where specifically do these specific fragments come from? I see in inventory I have 22/100. Did they come from an event, building in my city or quest reward? If an event, am I unlikely to get more of them for a year until that event comes up again? If a quest reward, which quest: Daily challenge, event quest, that popup AB test daily reward thing that just disappeared or maybe some new quest reward? Perhaps a new GbG or GE reward? Are they in one of the Epic Selection kits I have in inventory, there are getting to be quite a few. If a building in my city creates them, how do I know which one? Do I need to go around and click each building to find out if it makes fragments of Jumpin’ Pumpkin? We also have buildings that make fragments of selection kits. Do I need to look through all the selection kits I have fragments of, to see if Jumpin’ Pumpkin is in one of them? And we also have buildings that make fragments of buildings that give fragments of still other buildings. I am at a loss as to how to find out where each of the fragment selections in inventory comes from in the above manners. This is the question I was asking: where specifically does each different fragment item in inventory come from. Is there any way to find out in a reasonable manner?

Then we have the Feta Farm, finish production or any of the other fragment items I have in inventory, replace any of them with Jumpin’ Pumpkin in the previous paragraph.
Option 1: Search "Fragments" in the FOE Wiki. It will be able to tell you which buildings make frags.
Option 2: Hover over your buildings to see what they produce.
Option 3: If you play on PC there is an add-on that we are not allowed to mention on the Forum that has a utility that does exactly what you are looking for.

Wwwoodchuck

Option 1: Search "Fragments" in the FOE Wiki. It will be able to tell you which buildings make frags.
Option 3: If you play on PC there is an add-on that we are not allowed to mention on the Forum that has a utility that does exactly what you are looking for.
Thank you for the reply! I went and checked..

Option 1: “Fragments” in the Wiki does not list where the fragments came from, it does not list a source only how many to make a full item.

Option 2: This will only list if the building produces the fragments of the desired building directly. If the building produces a selection kit or fragments of another building that will produce fragments of another building, I would not be able to see it.

Option 3: No option for “Fragments” only Sets, Upgrades and Kits. These would be full pieces, not fragments of them.

For Option 2: I did poke, or try to, at each different building in my city. There are a lot of buildings giving fragments of stuff!! By the time I got 2 or 3 past each one, I had forgotten what the other ones had, so had to go look at several to try and find it again.

I found where the Jumpin pumpkin came from, but I could not find where the building that created them came from; Shroom Throne. The Wiki lists it as “a special building released during the 2023 Fall Event.” Looking in inventory I have an item “Shroom Throne” which has 89/100 fragments. I went back and covered the city again and did find the Vibrant Autumn Vineyard produces fragments of it.

If this is the process for looking up where each fragment item came from, it is not going to work out too well for me. I can’t even remember to check if I have pants on before heading to the car to go to the store. If I was headed to Walmart, no one would even notice. I don’t shop there so folks kind of notice when a creepy old man walks in their store not fully dressed.

I would actually hope Inno would take notice and come up with some solution for this predicament. Fragments are obviously here to stay which means we will be getting more and more fragment items in inventory. It will get to the point where even younger players with sharp minds will have difficulty remembering what comes from where.

Sharmon the Impaler

That sounds like a very helpful app , A FOE helper you might say.

Johnny B. Goode

I found where the Jumpin pumpkin came from, but I could not find where the building that created them came from; Shroom Throne. The Wiki lists it as “a special building released during the 2023 Fall Event.” Looking in inventory I have an item “Shroom Throne” which has 89/100 fragments. I went back and covered the city again and did find the Vibrant Autumn Vineyard produces fragments of it.
Both the Rustic and Vibrant Autumn Vineyards randomly produce fragments of the Shroom Throne, and it in turn produces fragments of the Jumpin' Pumpkin. Welcome to fragment heaven (or hell, depending on whether you're an Inno apologist or a regular player.)

Pericles the Lion

Both the Rustic and Vibrant Autumn Vineyards randomly produce fragments of the Shroom Throne, and it in turn produces fragments of the Jumpin' Pumpkin. Welcome to fragment heaven (or hell, depending on whether you're an Inno apologist or a regular player.)
You left out the cohort of "players" that really don't play. Mustn't forget about them. They don't play enough to get frags but know that they wouldn't like them if they got them. ;)

Johnny B. Goode

You left out the cohort of "players" that really don't play. Mustn't forget about them. They don't play enough to get frags but know that they wouldn't like them if they got them. ;)
You would have to absolutely not play to be fragment-free. I barely do anything but collect anymore and I have pages and pages of fragments.