• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reindeer and Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Random.

You unlock one (for purchase) whenever you find a daily special. You collect whatever is visible at the time of purchase for the price of 2,995 diamonds.

Drol The Lord

Does anyone else think 2,995 diamonds for that junk is way too expensive? My feeling is at 9 reindeer, it should be free and that FOE has a glitch in programming.

Cowboyup2469

I thought the same thing, that the more reindeer ya found the cheaper it was gonna be and if ya got all 9 it would be free. Till I got all 9 in A world, the price stayed the same??? HMMMM

DeletedUser8428

I thought the same thing, that the more reindeer ya found the cheaper it was gonna be and if ya got all 9 it would be free. Till I got all 9 in A world, the price stayed the same??? HMMMM
If you read the official announcement here - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-2019.27691/ , it tells you exactly how this works and you would not be surprised.

Does anyone else think 2,995 diamonds for that junk is way too expensive? My feeling is at 9 reindeer, it should be free and that FOE has a glitch in programming.
There's no glitch. Just because you want it doesn't mean it's broke. Diamonds can be purchased, or won in quests, wishing wells, etc. Some folks win them/earn them, some folks purchase. Just remember, the players who are willing to purchase make it possible for the rest of us to play for nothing.

DeletedUser37344

I read in another thread that the cost in diamonds is for players who have a lot of diamonds or buy diamonds; to quote Uberhelp1 "No, it costs 2995 to buy them. You don't get them for free. It's a bonus mainly for those who spend money on the game or for people wanting a little more oomph out of the event. " So, that's pretty clear ... I wonder what % of players buy diamonds anyway ...

RazorbackPirate

You get the reindeer free when you win a daily special. In years past, all you won was the daily special. They've taken nothing away, but have given something extra that players can choose to buy for 2995 diamonds or not. No glitch. Buy, or don't buy, they're extra anyway.
I think it is bad that you have to pay diamonds for that, I can't afford something like that.
There are so many ways to get free diamonds in this game that it's entirely possible players can buy the reindeer and still have the reindeer be free. I'm one. Between my 2 cities I'm sitting on over 6k free diamonds. Depending on the junk in the collection, I may or may not buy. One collection has a train car, if I end up with two they may get some free diamonds. The other city has one slot left to fill and nothing makes me want to spend my hard earned diamonds to buy them. I'm leaning toward no in both cities, but they still have a chance to get some if the RNG gets crazy with the cars.
It did get cheaper the more reindeer you found. At any point, you could have purchased whatever you had collected for 2995 diamonds. Only 1 reindeer would be 2995 for 1 reindeer, 9 reindeer for 2995 costs 333 for each reindeer, making the cost per reindeer less by waiting for a full collection.

Those who save or buy diamonds have the chance to spend some to get more from the Winter Event compared to previous years. Should we choose not to buy them, we end up with exactly what we got last year. A maxed out main prize for free and a bunch of daily specials. Same as it ever was.

DeletedUser40996

I read in another thread that the cost in diamonds is for players who have a lot of diamonds or buy diamonds; to quote Uberhelp1 "No, it costs 2995 to buy them. You don't get them for free. It's a bonus mainly for those who spend money on the game or for people wanting a little more oomph out of the event. " So, that's pretty clear ... I wonder what % of players buy diamonds anyway ...
Enough players spend $$$ that the game is free for those that don't

Agent327

No. Most understand where this is comming from and have no problem with it.

And what part of the announcement made you think that?

Mustapha00

I can't recall the exact wording, but I think it was something along the lines of "collect more Reindeer for a better deal". While the way Inno actually implemented that deal is "better", I could see another interpretation possibly being, if you collected more Reindeer, the price in Diamonds would decrease.

As said elsewhere, I just wish I had another way to "reset" the prizes associated with the Reindeer. I'd MUCH prefer to have a Sleigh Builder or Tactician's Tower among the prizes than (another) Rogue Hideout, for instance. If I could just choose at the end of the Event nine prizes from all I'd won, as much as I hate spending 2.995 Diamonds, let alone 2,995 Diamonds, I think I'd spend 'em.

DeletedUser37344

I think rewarding players who buy diamonds is a good idea. I wonder if the average player could come close to afford spending 2995 diamonds. If the prizes were more attractive, it might encourage more diamond-buying

RazorbackPirate

I think rewarding players who buy diamonds is a good idea. I wonder if the average player could come close to afford spending 2995 diamonds. If the prizes were more attractive, it might encourage more diamond-buying.
It is not rewarding players who buy diamonds. Inno is offering something to buy to everyone in the game. Everyone, equally, gets to decide if the prizes on the collection are worth the diamonds or not.

As far as the 'average player' is concerned, there is none. Everyone does their own thing. I can afford to spend real money on the game, but I don't. I'm also not going to fault Inno for giving those willing to spend diamonds another opportunity to buy.

I also think that the reindeer are targeted toward Inno's core demographic and the bulk of their customer base, poor to marginal players. The player that rarely gets a maxed out anything for free and every event is a struggle. Those we never hear from, suffering in silence, buying diamonds to paper over the flaws in their game, not willing to join the conversation and ask for help.

The reindeer collection is largely filled with the daily specials these marginal players missed out on because they suck at free play having never really learned the game. They'll be more than happy to spend if they regularly spend anyway.

Last edited:

Agent327

I can't recall the exact wording, but I think it was something along the lines of "collect more Reindeer for a better deal". While the way Inno actually implemented that deal is "better", I could see another interpretation possibly being, if you collected more Reindeer, the price in Diamonds would decrease.

You get a better deal. The more reindeer you get, the more you get for your 2995 diamonds spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.