• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Removing Aggressive NPCs

DeletedUser4770

Please let us hear your thoughts and feedback about Removing Aggressive NPCs. Thank you for your input.

~Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser17759

Well, I think most current players like to play cooperatively rather than competitively. This kind of goes in the opposite direction as there is no nameless foe.

DeletedUser10415

Complete removal goes too far. Removing the inland NPC hostility was a good thing, as the mountain attacks were excessive for what seemed more to have bee placed there for show. But removing the river NPC hostility was a bad thing, because now there is less impetus to move inland, thus reducing conflict. Also, it's stated this change was made to make it easier for the little guy to get into GvG. The contrary is true. How well a guild maintained it's hexes bordering hostile NPCs and what troops they used to maintain them were two of the best indicators of the ease or difficulty of invading them.

Lastly, this continuing drive by Inno to "make GvG less complex" is quite simply annoying. If I wanted to play Tic-Tac-Toe, I'd play Tic-Tac-Toe....not Forge of Empires. Enough with dumbing down the game to expand the player-base to include morons.

DeletedUser17759

You could also make the argument that active guilds will take tiles from inactive guilds, but maybe they won't be so fast to do that because they wouldn't want to anger a guild that was really active but seemed inactive.

Other solutions:

* Have a high (higher?) cost for holding tiles, per age.
* Make the cost higher the more people in a guild there are. Incrementally higher.
* Make the continent map bigger.

DeletedUser

I m happy I wont need to watch my guild sectors health anymore but I cant see this change helping anything other then that.
I can actually see this drawing down gvg participation as some players original participation was army replacement due to their real life time issues/zones, which a good guild could use to entice players into a few battles which can lead to the "addiction" of battle that only gvg can hold, now you have to try to convince players to build troops, then to show up at fight time.
Why not just adjust siege costs?
all the large guilds are the ones driving gvg make it possible for them to expand more, and more fights will happen tensions between allies will rise, small guilds will have cracks and seems to take up well the big guilds are focusing on each other.
Make GVG worth more Power.
My guild is currently ranked 7th overall on D ~7k power comes from gvg, 9k comes from HOF and we don't even have that many, their are players ive seen in other guilds that create 5k power solo, really not much incentive to compete in gvg with such lopsided power gains like that.
increase life of siege armies?
make it 15 or 20 hitpoints would of course require an increase in siege costs to help defend against troop draining sieges. 3 defenders vs 24 attackers is what it currently takes to have a photo finish on a gvg battle.(8 times the number of defenders) I don't really like this idea but I want to put it out there anyway.
Make an area in each map where guilds cannot hold more then 3 sectors, could be as small as 10 total sectors.
You can accomplish this by making the first 3 siege costs low follow the normal growth rate then make the fourth sector insanely high lets say 10k of each good. Ensure its connected to the main landing zone so guilds can fight there way out of those sectors, should they wish to do so to avoid being forever trapped.
Unique rewards for GVG battling (that DOESNOT end up in the event prizes or diamond deals)
how about biggest power increase week over week by guild in each era (or overall) gets 1 observatory bp per player in the guild, you could couple this with a top ranked gainers and losers list (name needs tweaking of course) would work much the same as weekly tower pay outs. As there would be a + and a - counter dumping sectors and reclaiming wouldn't be an option (unless done every other week)
or a 1x1 that gives +1% to attack or/and support pool
or 5 10 packs of fp (this might be too much)
im sure there is lots of cool things that could be worth fighting for.

in short I see nothing really changing with this update.

lemonwedgie

Again .. Inno taking away elements to make the game much simpler/less complex. Why? Are we stupid? What is complex about keeping up with your sectors? The great thing about aggressive npcs was it ensured that your guild looked after your holdings, it gave them reason to go to the maps, it keeps GvG in the forefront of the game ... a constant work in progress. And if we didn't and allowed our defense to wear down too far it alerted other guilds that we were vulnerable in that age so this would invite attacks - thats fun! Now ... well, its just meh.

DeletedUser6172

Or let us use the Guild Treasury to subvert the enemy forces on the GvG map,
just like on the continent map.

DeletedUser10415

Again .. Inno taking away elements to make the game much simpler/less complex. Why? Are we stupid? What is complex about keeping up with your sectors? The great thing about aggressive npcs was it ensured that your guild looked after your holdings, it gave them reason to go to the maps, it keeps GvG in the forefront of the game ... a constant work in progress. And if we didn't and allowed our defense to wear down too far it alerted other guilds that we were vulnerable in that age so this would invite attacks - thats fun! Now ... well, its just meh.

+100000000

DeletedUser11609

Worse, the higher level guilds will now have no reason to drop lower sectors due to lack of maintenance. What will happen on the newer worlds is that if a guild shows up late, you may never be able to land in the lower maps to learn about gvg.
With no attrition from npcs, top guilds will be able to hold all the best hexes, and leave the low ones open and encircled, more points, less work, less available hexes.

DeletedUser16869

I wonder if perhaps it would have been better to make the change less drastic. For instance, halving the damage hostile NPC's dealt to adjacent sectors each turn, instead of reducing it to 0. It seems like this change will favor guilds holding the highest power sectors, the previous version made guilds take at least a few low power sectors to reduce exposure to NPC attacks.

DeletedUser22543

if inno thinks this is eliminating npc damage on gvg going to prevent lag give them a LOL
by having no npc damage in GvG its really making gvg pointless. there are many reasons I have listed some.

1) this will make this game all about GvG farming for power tile not fighting for tiles.

2)if im in a newer server and i have a siege and no other guild around that hex, im able to take my time on it since no npc will damage my siege.

3) in newer server most GvG tile in the higher era are unoccupied, basically if i want to start a new guild that consist of lower age people. what stopping me in hiring like a top 10 player for fps and help me get on to higher GvG map. you dont need to fill up any defence slot but if you tell him/her to fill up the defensive slot so i probably would not need to worry for months about my hexes in map such as TE or CE until people catches up, ive already have an advantage to level my guild faster without npc damage.

4) it benefits guilds that are falling apart since they will not need to worry about maintaining GVG map people can be lazy just fill up up 8 defensive slot n they can have their hexes.

5) the loser of this are attackers . its going to prevent GvG action since people know there no NPC damage they probably going to fill all the defensive slot and keep it in the blue. the attacking guild have no idea what they are going up against. and might think twice about attacking.

6) in older servers , guilds that been on the map for a long time can maintain their tile even when they have no one in that era of the map. it will make newer guild more difficult to get on the map.

7) GvG map strageties is gonna be lost. let said i landing on the coastal line but an guild block me off or there better positioning on the map. i can not let the NpC take away my HQ now . if no one hits it off i am stuck.

8) One major element it take away from the game is teamwork since you dont need to maintian now

9) There will be more people going to complain about plundering. we have more units since we do not need to donate units to maintain the GvG map. so the higher era people with attack the hood more

10) Barracks ?? why i do i need?? . just have tons of drummers houses and have you attacking GB as high as possible and use unattached and rogue units. i can keep my hexes without even having a barrack for that era of the map.

11) NPC damage is essential to it help us separate the weak guilds from the good guilds

By having No NPC damage has flaw this games. the advantages are for the guild in the older servers . in newer severs its an arms race to get the high power tiles. INNO and it beta tester dont see all those things i mention above and there is lots more i lefted out. . this is turning more like a farming game than a war game if i want a farming game i;ll go play one.

DeletedUser8796

I dislike removal of NPC's when i ghost in CE GVG i liked to leave the sectors at 1 def right before reset so NPC can take it instead of myself it was a useful tool.

DeletedUser8152

I dislike removal of NPC's when i ghost in CE GVG i liked to leave the sectors at 1 def right before reset so NPC can take it instead of myself it was a useful tool.
Just out of curiosity, what made that useful?

DeletedUser19228

we find the biggest disadvantage is a guild with one player who is 2-4 ages ahead of most by use of coins can take half a dozen hexes or so and sit on them without any need to have players with armies in those ages. meaning they can go back to lower ages and stomp around without needing to keep the higher age barracks built. this means the game is drastically tilted toward high age players, before the high age players kept to the high ages leaving the lower age players to fight on below. a compromise would be if an age sees no action, via defense added/replaced or new sieges placed, for say a week or two then the sectors start to "rebel" each army dropping one bar per day. it could work backwards from guild power. the furthest out from the HQ drop first leaving the strongest hexes for last. that gives a guild 10 days to do something before a single hex is lost and if the guild has hexes 3-4 away from the HQ it gives a month or better before the entire holding is gone. plenty of time to refresh. leaving newer active guilds a window over older stagnate guilds, yet not making the older guilds vulnerable until they stop playing the age.

DeletedUser9184

Couldn't you just delete the siege?
Unlike granting freedom, if an aggressive NPC takes over from taking the last HP, then the sector gets 2 fully-healed armies.
And my last response was kind of dumb since he does delete the siege since he leaves it at 1HP :p

DeletedUser8796

I've used the NPC's in GVG before they are very useful for making a guild loose sectors without you gaining them. Makes the guild that loses those sectors really mad tho :devil: