• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rename the AF ship called Poll Dancer

Kana 950 the Bold

I am in future era and have heard there is a ship called the Poll Dancer that is needed to collect ore in Arctic Future. Please rename that something less slutty. I don't want to have to click on a strip club ship name every time i need ore. How is this rated E for everyone? Perverts.

Kana 950 the Bold

Google pole dancer in an american search engine and you'll get a naked women dancing on a pole. Don't matter if you can spin it into word play. A pole dancer is a stripper

Karen Isaacsdottir

Google pole dancer in an american search engine and you'll get a naked women dancing on a pole. Don't matter if you can spin it into word play. A pole dancer is a stripper
That's because you've selected that particular interpretation as your default. 'Pole dancer' could also be the name of a fisherman's boat (fishing pole). Besides, male pole dancers look almost like they're doing something in the Olympics (and some female dancers do more athletic things than just strut around in platform shoes and a smile).

Ebeondi Asi

I would guess this game is too dangerous for the op. Perhaps the OP should take up knitting instead.
Particularly if just knowing the ship is called "Pole Dancer" causes an enlargement of the Corpora Cavernosa?
What kind of life is that? This OP guy minding his own business goes out. sees a sign pole and get one on? stains his jeans. Jeeh. All poles should be removes from the whiole World. so he is no longer bothered.. I agree. !!! Help him! Go remove all poles you find!!!

spartacus2.0

I am in future era and have heard there is a ship called the Poll Dancer that is needed to collect ore in Arctic Future. Please rename that something less slutty. I don't want to have to click on a strip club ship name every time i need ore. How is this rated E for everyone? Perverts.
"Strippers" are called "Pole Dancers" not "Poll Dancers". There is no such thing as "Poll Dancers". Maybe you should go back to first grade and retake spelling...
You probably won't learn the word there though...

spartacus2.0

So don't Google it.

I never knew the ship had a name. Now I am forever unclean.
Harbor - Forge of Empires - Wiki TH
It says "Pole Dancer" on the stern.

The Lady Redneck

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sleaze is in the mind of the perv.
I like the name Pole Dancer for the AF ship. Had never thought of it as the OP had though .
I would guess this game is too dangerous for the op. Perhaps the OP should take up knitting instead.
I actually like knitting, crocheting etc, Maybe I should try it whilst watching a male pole dancer???? You do need an extra needle if knitting something in the round like socks or anything that needs kept cozy.
LOL this thread could get silly.

And if whoever at INNO was responsible for naming the good ship Pole Dancer did so with a sense of humor, good on him/her I like it

Pericles the Lion

And if whoever at INNO was responsible for naming the good ship Pole Dancer did so with a sense of humor, good on him/her I like it
Agreed. My guess is that the folks at INNO live mostly respectable lives and never made the connection. Kinda like when Chevrolet introduced the Nova in the '60s not realizing that "No va" translates to "he/she doesn't go" in English. Chevy didn't change the name and neither should INNO.

Ericness

I'll admit I got a good chuckle when I saw the name (the real version), but it's not offensive in context. As said above, its the Artic Future and the ship dances around the Earth's poles. That said, there's no need to attack people who work or exercise in ways the original poster don't approve of.

Part of me wonders if the name came about in part due to unexpected translation from the German devs.

DevaCat

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sleaze is in the mind of the perv.
I like the name Pole Dancer for the AF ship. Had never thought of it as the OP had though .

I actually like knitting, crocheting etc, Maybe I should try it whilst watching a male pole dancer???? You do need an extra needle if knitting something in the round like socks or anything that needs kept cozy.
LOL this thread could get silly.

Had to have been a sailor! :)

Johnny B. Goode

That is good it is called pole instead of poll! But they are pronounced the same so i still want a rename.
Okay, you really shouldn't complain about a name when you don't even understand the words. POLE is the form that you are actually objecting to, while POLL isn't offensive in any sense. You're interpreting the name of the ship, Pole Dancer, in the sense of an exotic entertainer; instead of the intended interpretation of the ship "dancing" around the poles of the earth. And I can't see Inno changing it just because one player has no sense of humor.

Ebeondi Asi

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the game is designed in English first and then translated to other languages. All the graphics with words on them are done in English, for example.
that is totally incorrect. Forge Of Empires is originally a German Game. Most of the development is done in Germany. If you buy anything the money goes directly to Germany.