• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Renovation kits

DeletedUser26154

No. Even if it would, it would make no difference.
That's like using a Reno Kit on a Watch fire.

Mustapha00

Monastery's bonuses do not increase as you progress through the Ages, so no, a Reno Kit will have no effect.

DeletedUser26154

Here comes Mister Illustrations.

can be renovated if you really want to but

It's best to use a Renovation Kit on something really worth renovating.
Something with multiple benefits like a Ziggurat for example

zigg.png

It boosts one building's happiness, population, and coin output.
That's 3 right there.
Reno Kits are great for Caravansarys, Champion's Retreats, Luaus, Bazaars, Mad Scientist Laboratory, etc.

Use a Reno Kit when the building's age makes a difference.
Don't waste a Reno Kit on a building that has only one benefit...
Unless it's one really really sweet benefit.
I would not use Reno Kits on a Shrine of Knowledge.

Can anyone else add to this?

DeletedUser28041

I disagree to a point with one statement.

"I would not use Reno Kits on a Shrine of Knowledge."

Perhaps not as your first priority, but in my situation I would ABSOLUTELY without a doubt use them on my SoKs. I have 104 of them. 24 Progressive Era, 42 Industrial Age, 28 High Middle Ages, 10 Early Middle Ages. I will not prioritize my renovation kits for the SoKs, but if I have no MUCH greater things to use them on, I will use them on my SoKs. It may be only one benefit, but that benefit adds up once you've played a while and get a ton of the renovation kits from events, as has been my experience. I would recommend using the renovation kit for whatever will benefit you in your present or near future situation. With all boosts considered, my Early Middle Ages SoKs produce 5400 coin a day each for a total of 54k for all of them. Meanwhile, if I needed more daily coin for some reason, and I had a stash of unused renovation kits that I could use to raise them to Progressive Era - that would have increased my 54k coin/day to 18,954 each for a total of almost 190k, essentially 351% higher than I was at before. That could be a big difference maker for someone who NEEDS coin and does not have a ton of SoKs.

Moral of my blabbering on,

If you have just a few SoKs and they are several ages behind? Sure use Reno kits if you need coin gain.
If you have a ton of them like myself? There's not much need when producing just under 2m coin a day.
If they are only one age under you? Use a one up kit or nothing at all.

That's my two cents.

DeletedUser28041

Algona, I haven't experienced enough events that offered the Reno Kit to know which would offer the best return, but during the Summer Event alone I grabbed 12 of them along with two SoKs and some other items. During the Winter Event I grabbed quite a few SoKs, I could have done the same if I had been looking for Renovation Kits. There are multiple events that offer them, if you WANT them. Not many events other than Summer Event are going to offer them to you if you do not want them. Most of the time you have to be going for that item to obtain it.

Algona

Thanks for the response. My first time in Summer, i had no idea of what I wanted, last time it was a focus on SoKs. Only 6 months to go!

DeletedUser26154

I would ABSOLUTELY without a doubt use them on my SoKs. I have 104 of them.
I disagree to a point with one statement.
"I would not use Reno Kits on a Shrine of Knowledge."

e588549ece16b44edae7a1648223e2e6.png

Hello Firefighter1466, welcome to the forums.
You arrive at a perfect time.
I would love to see how you have your 104 SoKs set up.
I can always learn more on how to better my game
I'm on Rugnir and only on Rugnir.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/optimising-my-world-layout.15762/#post-123062

What server is your main city on?