• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Replace HS?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29407
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29407

I am working to get Arctic Orangery. I am in the earlier ages and don't have much room. Should I sell Hagia Sofia and replace it with Arctic Orangery? or should I wait a month or two for enough expansions?

DeletedUser28670

What level is it? Vital question ;) If it's pretty low level, meh, but obviously deleting a level 10+ HS is just unthinkable.

DeletedUser29563

Define "earlier stages". And why do you feel you need to build the AO now?
Just curious....

DeletedUser29407

What level is it? Vital question ;) If it's pretty low level, meh, but obviously deleting a level 10+ HS is just unthinkable.
It is level 5.

Define "earlier stages". And why do you feel you need to build the AO now?
Just curious....
My current age is Colonial Age. Arctic Orangery Gives as much FPs as a cape(I almost have enough goods for cape). I do quite a bit of fighting. GE, PvP, and Colonial Age GvG(AO's crtiical hit would help a little bit for those). All of my attack boost GBs are levels 5, 7, 8.

DeletedUser29404

I am working to get Arctic Orangery. I am in the earlier ages and don't have much room. Should I sell Hagia Sofia and replace it with Arctic Orangery? or should I wait a month or two for enough expansions?
Ditch Hagia and get Vorts prints for AO. Hagia is a space Hog. You'll get better results from other GBs for FPs.

DeletedUser26120

I did the math before, it takes Cape until around level 7 or 8 before it equals/exceeds SoK efficiency.

For AO that is around 12 or 13. For Hagia Sophia, that is around level 36. And funny thing is, at that level the happiness finally starts equaling a level 10 traz's. :)

So yeahhh, would not build HS. Thought about it for a minute in beta since I was low on happiness but then I got the pavillion and the maypole (from dailies) and there went that idea.

DeletedUser29404

I did the math before, it takes Cape until around level 7 or 8 before it equals/exceeds SoK efficiency.

For AO that is around 12 or 13. For Hagia Sophia, that is around level 36. And funny thing is, at that level the happiness finally starts equaling a level 10 traz's. :)

So yeahhh, would not build HS. Thought about it for a minute in beta since I was low on happiness but then I got the pavillion and the maypole (from dailies) and there went that idea.
The Majestic Maypole is a tremendously good Happiness provider for a 3x3 build. Esp as it is an Automotive *if* its the same age as the players city. I recommend RK'ing/1-up'ing it. The Gold Boost is worth it alone IMO. It just gets better and better if you can manage to raise it to the current Age of your city. If you let it slide 2 or 3 ages, wait until you advance, than 100% use a RK on it.

DeletedUser27848

Do you have Traz, tho?

"Do I have a Traz?" Ans: Yes, in 3 of my 6 cities. And I will build Traz in every city as well. I also have FoD in 3 cities. It is impossible to have too much Happiness.

Defending Hagia: It starts with this observation.

I read countless high era players claim HS is a waste of space, build Traz instead, blah, blah, blah...

But if I'm a player just starting out, there's no way I can build Traz, unless I spend huge diamonds, for the prints and the goods.
Cuz there's no way I can get those otherwise.
Why? I'm in BA, EMA... way too few points for any high ranking guild to take me in.
Who is going to trade me that stuff?

But, at a relatively low cost, and without having to get into a 'better' guild, I can get the blueprints and goods for Hagia.

And the most important benefits of Hagia is actually not Forge Points. It's Happiness.

I just started a new game, and initially I had to have 2 Triumphal Arches. But by level 3 I had no more need for those. So my 7x6 HS is providing 120% Happiness, even though I've since expanded my city, added military, housing, production buildings.
What this means is that every single time anyone aids me, those only go towards my supplies buildings and houses.

I'm still only Iron Age, in this particular city, and my HS is approaching level 6. It will be a long time before I ever get a Traz, but that HS will carry me all the way. Meanwhile, HS is going to provide me with that all important Happiness, negate the need for any other Happiness buildings, and give me a nice FP bonus along the LONG road to where I can finally build Alcatraz.

I cannot count how many times I've seen people rip HS, then look at their city and they have mutliple cultural buildings and/or deco's, or stupid crap like Shrine of Inspiration.

Not 1 stupid cultural buildings or deco's in any of my cities!

Hagia Sophia is an absolute keeper, if you actually understand this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

Hagia matches SOK fp efficiency at level 15. How did you get 36?

Mustapha00

I built a Hagia in my first three Worlds and took it to 10. I chose not to in my fourth and I can't say I miss it (although a big part of that reason is how much easier it is to acquire FP-producing buildings now as opposed to even a year or so ago). While I can't say that I plan on deleting my level 10s in the first three worlds, I can't say that I plan to even build one in my last two either.

DeletedUser29407

Who is going to trade me that stuff?
Go on guild chat and ask if anyone is selling PE goods. It may cost a 200-300 FPs but it is worth it. Plus you get rewards from ranking in their GBs. 300FPs seems like a lot but spending 20 FPs a day(without any FP producing GBs that is still very possible) it would only take just over 2 weeks to pay for the goods.

DeletedUser29407

Hagia Sophia is an absolute keeper, if you actually understand this game.
I have 21, 242 total happiness. 10,222 is extra. I only have 4 decos, traz level 8, roads and 1 tigers den, a level 2 FoD and 3 event decos(set parts to make other parts produce FPs). My HS only provides 3,100 of that happiness and 3 FPs a day. AO at level 3 gives the same amount of FPs.

Ta 152H

I'm guessing math wasn't your best subject.

HS is 42 spots. Which means at 10 FP a level, it's better than the SoK, since the SoK is a road hog, and chews up all your aid. If you want to be a 100%, you can say at 11 FP it's better, but really 10 is clearly better.

At level 20, it's putting out 12. It's better at FP than any GB except for Cape, since the FP per level is so low, relatively speaking. So, at the worst, the HS is better than SoK at level 18. 36? Misinformation.

For everything but Cape and AO, it's 60% of the level (or really 6 FP every 10 levels). So, at 36 you'd be getting around 21 FP (I'm too lazy to look it up). That would require 21 SoKs, at 4 per, or 84 spots. Then the roads, aid, etc... Not close.

Comparing happiness with a Traz is also misleading, since the Traz is over 66% larger, and levels after L10 for almost all GBs give little passive boost. At level 10, both Traz and HS give roughly the same happiness per square. Same at level 36, they are close per square, because Traz happiness goes up slower and slower after L10 too.

Inno is smarter than the garden variety FoE player. So is a German Shepherd for that matter. People lack the perspicacity to understand GBs properly, and whine about size when talking about GBs. Size is half the equation, the other half is what you get per FP. For example, only an idiot would say HS is too big, because it really depends on the level of it. At level 20, is it too big? Level 40? So, it's really is it too big at a certain level, and how feasible is it, to move it to a point where it is not too big. So, in general, Inno makes larger GBs more efficient with FP than smaller ones. In general. Some just suck like Colosseum. But HS is a very, very good GB if you get the levels up. And it's relatively easy to do so, especially with Arcs out and about looking for GBs to invest in.

Another fallacious argument is comparing it to something like an SoK. Virtually everyone would build an SoK, assuming they do not have so many they can't be aided. It is not the benchmark for whether something is worthwhile or not, it's way beyond that border. A more rational comparison would be with something like an SSW, which is closer to being a decision for most people. So, even being close to an SoK is very favorable for virtually everyone, and being close and with the ability to improve further puts it beyond an SoK for me.

My line about HS is you should marry Sophia, not date her. If you leave it at L3, and whine it's too big, yeah, it is. But, if you don't want to put much effort into it, then just let it level itself. For me, it starts off as a self-leveling cultural building, and by the time the happiness is marginal, it's putting out FP in a way that its value has become that. And once you get it past the mid-teens, it's soooo easy to level, assuming a mature server with Arcs.

Last edited:

Ta 152H

I have 21, 242 total happiness. 10,222 is extra. I only have 4 decos, traz level 8, roads and 1 tigers den, a level 2 FoD and 3 event decos(set parts to make other parts produce FPs). My HS only provides 3,100 of that happiness and 3 FPs a day. AO at level 3 gives the same amount of FPs.

First of all, I love the AO, but in actuality, the AO isn't necessarily more efficient at FP than HS. You're leaving out one very important fact, that AO takes WAY more FP to level than HS. So even though you get 100% per level, and HS is 60%, it is not more efficient.

A quick look at L10 will tell us AO needs 1110 per level, for example. HS requires 600. Multiply 1110 by .6, and you get 666, a rather gruesome number. And in any case, more per FP you get than the HS. So, less efficient for FP.

Again, I'm not implying HS is better than AO, just pointing out the one fact most people overlook; HS is very easy to level, and is actually a very efficient (per FP invested) GB for getting FP back because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.