• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Replace HS?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29407
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26120

I still don't understand how you figure it is better than SoK at level 18. Even if you count roads.

Ta 152H

I still don't understand how you figure it is better than SoK at level 18. Even if you count roads.

OK, it's 42 squares. An SoK is 4 squares. Hagia gives 10 FP at level 18. So, you'd need 10 SoKs, and they'd use 40 squares. Of course, they also require more roads, so they'd take probably as much space or more.

Then you have to balance the other stuff. SoKs give coins, which to me aren't that important. HS gives happiness, which isn't that important, particularly at higher ages. SoK sucks up all your aid, which is a big problem to me, and defines a maximum that you can have. HS has no such problem, so 10 more buildings get aided. HS can be upgraded further, SoK can not in terms of forge points.

If you're still not convinced, then it's L19, when you get 11 FP. That would requires 44 squares for SoK, 42 for HS. L20 gives you yet another FP. So would require 48 squares for SoK.

In reality, L17 gives 10 FP, so I think it's even better at that level. Depending upon age, and the value the happiness is to you, it can be better sooner as well, if it's saving plenty of space on culturals (which also use up aid).

DeletedUser27848

The people arguing against Hagia, haven't any of you read Cosmic Raven?

DeletedUser29404

Who or what, is Cosmic Raven? And how does it pertain to this subject?

DeletedUser

Who or what, is Cosmic Raven? And how does it pertain to this subject?
Cosmic Raven was a player on Noarsil that came up with an entire game playing system based solely on recurring quests. He wrote a guide about it. It doesn't really pertain to this subject, because his views are based entirely on his own game strategy and don't apply to anyone playing any other way. And I wouldn't advise following his game strategy, as it has major shortcomings.

DeletedUser29404

Thats a shizzy attitude to have. You can be direct and make your feelings known, I get that. But I think it would be up to the player to decide if the guys full of BS.

DeletedUser29404

Thanks. Thats great you helped out. I actually am on the thread now, as Google is a wonderful tool. Just cuz I may read whats printed, doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to alter my "play style" nor switch my overall strategy to a little used tactic amongst the majority of FoE players.

ODragon

Thanks. Thats great you helped out. I actually am on the thread now, as Google is a wonderful tool. Just cuz I may read whats printed, doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to alter my "play style" nor switch my overall strategy to a little used tactic amongst the majority of FoE players.
Its like a lot of guides, some good stuff, some bad and some neutral. Pick out what works for your play style and age and have at it. I see CA and before it having a lot of benefits. After that buildings start to get larger and it is harder to do. I feel that using it while I camp getting GBs leveled up is worthwhile.

DeletedUser

Thats a shizzy attitude to have. You can be direct and make your feelings known, I get that. But I think it would be up to the player to decide if the guys full of BS.
Why would I direct someone to a guide that I think is crap? The player that wrote it isn't even playing anymore, and much in this game is changing pretty rapidly, so it is already pretty outdated even now. You want me to send players there? That would be like sending prospective actresses to Kristen Stewart for acting lessons. LOL

DeletedUser29404

Why would I direct someone to a guide that I think is crap? The player that wrote it isn't even playing anymore, and much in this game is changing pretty rapidly, so it is already pretty outdated even now. You want me to send players there? That would be like sending prospective actresses to Kristen Stewart for acting lessons. LOL
Because this is a community forum. And, frankly, from what I've noticed, there aren't many 10 years playing this game past 2 or 3 months.

DeletedUser

Because this is a community forum. And, frankly, from what I've noticed, there aren't many 10 years playing this game past 2 or 3 months.
Listen, you found the thread, why not let it drop and move on. Play it to the letter for all I care. And I don't even know how to respond to your second sentence, as it make no sense whatsoever. If you're trying to say there aren't many players sticking around more than a couple of months, you're just wrong. Lots of players stick around for multiple years playing this game. And they did so long before that "guide" was started, which was less than a year ago. Of course, the author of the guide only stuck around about 6 months after starting it, so maybe that "system" is more of a problem than my comments are.

DeletedUser29404

Actually, what I had meant to say is:
There arent many 10 year olds playing more than 2 or 3 months*
What I have seen is many adults, 40, 50, 60 year olds, playing for years. I think kids lose interest in FoE after a short time. So in essence, I concur with you. My typo leads you to think I know or feel differently.

Mustapha00

I will say that I, while not having gone Full Cosmic, have incorporated at least some of his strategery, even though I was slouching that way even before I read his Guide. I find that it does work, at least to the extent that I practice it, and that it does not cause me to compromise on my chosen playing style in order to implement.

DeletedUser

I will say that I, while not having gone Full Cosmic, have incorporated at least some of his strategery, even though I was slouching that way even before I read his Guide. I find that it does work, at least to the extent that I practice it, and that it does not cause me to compromise on my chosen playing style in order to implement.
I do some recurring quest looping myself, that part of his guide I have little problem with. It's when he ventures into telling people what GBs to build and not build, telling them to basically skip eras, dictating what military barracks to build, all based solely on his specific playing system, that I have an issue. Players like you and I, who already have a good understanding of the game, can pick and choose the nuggets from his encyclopedia. New players that stumble into it and start to follow it before getting that understanding of the game, end up lost at the first occurrence that isn't spelled out for them in the guide. That's why I won't send people to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.