• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Require guild founders to check into the guild once a month to keep their position

master468

Sorry for the long post but wrote this in another forum and thought it best to have the whole thing here as it surmises all the details as to why I would like to suggest this change.

Went rounds and rounds with support trying to get to the bottom on how this works. I was told that each founder was looked at separately. If one goes inactive for 30 days then they would be removed as founder and a new one promoted. An comment I saw in a different form seems to suggest that ALL have to be inactive for 30 days before this will happen. Can I get a clarification as to how this actually works (from a developer would be nice). Here is why I'm asking. We have 4 founders. 2 are active (just enough) but will not respond to my messages to participate in the guild or level someone up (everyone else are just members). I've even went to the other worlds they are in and tried to contact them there and even sent a friend request. All attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. As for the other 2 it looks like they have stopped playing as I've been watching ForgeDB and have not seen any activity (world remain red) and there has been no points change in over a year. We have may guild member who like the guild and want to advance it back to where it was as well as open new GE levels which we need someone to do. This is becoming frustrating to us all as we want to play these aspects of the game but can't. Currently there are only 4 founders (with obviously no desired to associate with the guild). We have no leaders, moderators, inviters, notifiers, trusted members or battleground offices, This guild is effectively DOA but many of the members are active, some very active, and all we want is the ability to build this guild and play the game as the designers intended. As there are a lot of members and lots invested we do NOT want to leave and start all over.
I understand why rules like this are put in place but feel (and bet everyone in my situation would agree) that the role of guild founder is important in game play to the extent that just logging in/out once every 30 days shouldn't be enough to keep this status. They should have to do something within the guild itself. It only takes a few seconds to checkout the guild profile. If they cannot spend a few seconds a month to "check-in" with the guild then they certainly have no interest in being a active part of the guild nor have any desire to hold the role of founder. With hopes this get to a designer/developer or someone with influence I say PLEASE consider the importance of the founder role and make improvements to the way this role is managed in regards to inactive or uncaring members.

Agent327

Your idea is unformatted so it will be moved. There is no need to format it, cause it would be DNS. Do Not Suggest. There are no rules for guild founders and making rules would be an extreme change.

Everybody is allowed to start a guild. You joined the wrong one. Only option is to leave it with the other members and start a new one. If that is not what you want then all you can do is accept your current situation.

I'll leave it open for discussion, although even as a discussion it isn't new.

RazorbackPirate

As long as the Founders are active, "just enough", there's nothing you can do, and nothing Inno will do. Face it, it's time to find a new guild. It seems the draw of your current guild is the active members, so why not all move in mass to that same guild. I'm sure there are many small active guilds that would welcome an influx of new, active members.

No amount of proposing or support will get Inno to change the rules. As you say, they're there for a reason. Stop fighting reality and just accept things as they are. Find a new guild with your mates and be done with your non-responsive leaders.

DevaCat

What RP said. It's a headless guild. Inno's not going to help you do a coup. Don't waste your energy on trying to regain some past glory. Your resource and emotional investment are sunk costs.

I totally agree: find an active small guild and do a group move, help them grow -- that would be fun. Send out scouts, put up a message in the Worlds section. Don't waste your time with a corpse.

Plunder Queen

I would just have everyone jump ship and create a new guild. The time spent here venting about it could’ve netted a few levels in your new guild. Good luck either way.

Instead of starting a new guild with no prestige why not gather up your still active members and, together, shop yourselves around to active guilds? That way you all can stay together. Maybe your leader(s) could be leaders in your new guild to better consolidate your groups. Just a thought. It'd be a shame to start together at the bottom or to spread out to the winds if you all like each other.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yes, shop around and move en-mass. This happens in top ranked active guilds where there is discontent all the time, so it's not like the leaders of some of the guilds you talk to would be clueless about how this works.

Emberguard

Sorry but each player is responsible for their own city. It’d be unreasonable to impose restrictions on how a guild should be run, not every guild has the same interests neither is it your guild to run. For all intents and purposes as long as at least one founder is active then the guild has a owner to determine how the guild should function.