• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Resolved. Clear cache to fix lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23365

I think GVG is a revenue driver. I only use the other aspects of the game to burn time until GVG.

RazorbackPirate

I think GVG is a revenue driver. I only use the other aspects of the game to burn time until GVG.
And how many paid for diamonds does Inno extract from you either playing GvG or burning time with the other aspects of the game? If the answer is none or very few, then GvG is not a revenue driver, no matter how much you like it. Don't tell me that you could buy and spend diamonds in GvG, tell me how many you've actually bought and used in GvG. Personally, I know of no one who uses any diamonds in GvG. In fact, I can't imagine why anyone would.

DeletedUser23365

Well they would have extracted roughly $3,000. If there were no GVG then they would have extracted 0

BruteForceAttack

And how many paid for diamonds does Inno extract from you either playing GvG or burning time with the other aspects of the game? If the answer is none or very few, then GvG is not a revenue driver, no matter how much you like it. Don't tell me that you could buy and spend diamonds in GvG, tell me how many you've actually bought and used in GvG. Personally, I know of no one who uses any diamonds in GvG. In fact, I can't imagine why anyone would.

I have spent a lot of cash on GVG.

1. Healing units is faster than replacing.
2. Instant growing of units to place DA
3. Tech up faster

Graviton

Wouldn't most argue that manual fighting would cause just as much lag as clicking the auto button? You are opening another window and having to click alot more than just the one click of auto.

Not at all, because when you hit that just one click the program is simulating the entire fight in milliseconds, eating up CPU. Fighting real-time spreads that same processing over minutes.

However, I could see GvG players rejecting it anyway 'cause the whole point of autobattling is to save them time, so anything that causes them to fight manually will be frowned upon. That's my guess.

DeletedUser23365

And I am stating I would not purchase diamonds just to play the other features if GVG were not around. I would have played some other stupid game like farm fest. So by having the GVG features Inno has gained my time to play this game which has then caused me to spend money on other parts of the game. And yes I use to "buy" sectors when I was in CA and had a crappy traz. I should have rather spent the money on cigarettes and beer.

DeletedUser

Not at all, because when you hit that just one click the program is simulating the entire fight in milliseconds, eating up CPU. Fighting real-time spreads that same processing over minutes.
And this is exactly my point with that suggestion.
However, I could see GvG players rejecting it anyway 'cause the whole point of autobattling is to save them time, so anything that causes them to fight manually will be frowned upon. That's my guess.
Possibly, but they're asking for a solution to the lag and that's the only thing I can think of.

DeletedUser19681

I have spend money on GVG, oh yes. But I have not done that in quite some time because
A) the lag can make it unplayable
B) its not worth spending to "buy" a sector when you'll lose it the next day because of (A)

Ive also spent diamonds to improve my city to make it more competitive for GVG. So yes, GVG is a revenue source. Probably would be MORE of a revenue source if the mobile players were included.

DeletedUser

Seems like we need more options on how to fix the issue..
Possibly, but as has been pointed out, the lag has been there for a long time and it hasn't been fixed, so it might be a moot point. Anyway, you asked for suggestions and I gave you a viable one. Not up to me what you do with it, if anything.

DeletedUser23365

Yep. Thanks for the option and I am awaiting to hear more from the experts so we can get a challenging poll started.

DeletedUser23365

I noticed the glitching and bad lag start after the viking settlement started. I wonder how many others had this same problem..

DeletedUser13838

I'm not saying GVG doesn't add any revenue but new content (especially events) drive revenue much more. Inno is a business and there's a reason we continualy get new events and new ages but there have been no new GVG maps since FE and GVG is not on mobile.

DeletedUser23365

My point was alot of us buy diamonds because we are here playing GVG. What happens when GVG is unusable and alot of us quit playing that do spend money on diamonds..

DeletedUser19681

yup, I spend on events only if there is a benefit to improve my city for GVG. No GVG, no incentive.

DeletedUser36624

Wouldn't most argue that manual fighting would cause just as much lag as clicking the auto button? You are opening another window and having to click alot more than just the one click of auto.

Most who? When you autobattle, the server has to do all the work of figuring out the battle. If there were no lag, how many times a minute could you hit that autobattle button? When you fight manually, you are doing the work of half the battle (where to move and what to attack with your troops), and it takes much longer than hitting the autobattle button. Therefore, the server gets less work, and it is spread out over more time.

DeletedUser23365

Well the game does open that many more windows so I would assume the server gets similar load. But I am assuming as you are since I am not a developer of this game and neither are you.

Graviton

What happens when GVG is unusable and alot of us quit playing that do spend money on diamonds..

Well, there won't be as much lag! :p

The majority of players are on mobile; therefore a majority of players don't GvG. What's the percentage of players on other platforms who GvG? Is it 50% or higher? My guess would be no.

I don't blame you for being vocal about a part of the game that you love; I'd even encourage you to continue to do so (maybe don't create a dozen new threads about it...). But just realize you're fighting an uphill battle.

DeletedUser23365

So many guesses and assuming. I recommend you start a poll and get as many to post to it as you can to get your accurate data. :)

And I requested the 3rd thread to be removed but others want to continue them :D 2 threads for data is where I will start.

Graviton

So many guesses and assuming. I recommend you start a poll and get as many to post to it as you can to get your accurate data. :)

These are not assumptions:

The majority of players are on mobile. Officially stated by Inno.
When you auto-battle, the program simulates an entire combat in seconds, which consumers a lot more CPU per second than a real-time fight.

Those are facts.

I had to guess how many people on platforms other than mobile do GvG, but in any case, GvG players are not the majority. So my final line is not a guess either: you're fighting an uphill battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.