• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Retire the Baron

Xenosaur

It seems that you define "failure" as the inability to complete all 32 challenges. I think that completing fewer than 32 while collecting some needed rewards is a success.
I define it as something in the personality of some members, that rubs them the wrong way, Yes. Rival blindsides people, who don't like venturing into the unknown for a "rich reward", getting partway there and then finding out they can't get there in full. Yes. That's at least 1 element of the pushback you're reading from members each time a new Rival challenge comes out.

jaymoney23456

Because why not? It costs me 2 finish supply productions that my Tarot Card Caravans produces, and otherwise those will just build up in my inventory. There's no reason for me not to complete it. Now, if you don't have many finish supply productions, then yeah, but I don't think that's an issue too many established players have.
How is it that you think most established players have lots of finish supply productions given how many supply quests are needed these days in events and other quests? Most players would have only a single tarot building which produces 1 finish all productions in just over a week, which is not a very fast way to build them up. Also, most players do not have 20 supply production buildings in their city, which means they would need to use more than 2 finish all supply productions.

jaymoney23456

Isn't it a bit early to give up? Players moan about anything new, just takes a bit of time to "adjust." Over 4 days to go and I need to finish 2 1/2 nodes, just might make it to the end. For any larger guild it should be pretty easy, I'm doing it w/just a bit of help from 2 other guild members, if they pick up the pace at all it will be easy enough to finish.
I am not giving up. I just realize that doing quest 32 is not worth the cost of doing so imo. I am fine with skipping it. Just think it was set up in a pointless way compared to Beta where the prize for the last quest was totally worth spending more finish productions on.

Pericles the Lion

How is it that you think most established players have lots of finish supply productions given how many supply quests are needed these days in events and other quests? Most players would have only a single tarot building which produces 1 finish all productions in just over a week, which is not a very fast way to build them up. Also, most players do not have 20 supply production buildings in their city, which means they would need to use more than 2 finish all supply productions.
I don't recall any of the Events having a "Finish X 24 hour productions" without there being an alternative option. I have never needed to use a Finish All Supply Productions item during an Event. Supply rushes to save some time yes. I don't know how many production buildings other players have. I usually had a dozen blacksmiths and some sleigh builders but I replaced them all with Jumpin Pumpkins (I have 17 now with more to come). I used 3 FASP items this Rival which is easily sustainable.

jwhester

I don't recall any event that blocked players based on their age in the game. Yet this one blocks Iron Age players by having Antique Dealer quests with no alternative. You add onto that the fact that even players beyond Iron Age must win more battles than are really possible even with running through your entire neighborhood and the entire GE and the entire GBG (which is zero chances at the point because Inno chose to restrict this game to a timeframe when GBG was closed. This is not just an even I will not waste my time on in the future; this is an event that breaks a trust I have always had with Inno, so the chances of me severing my relationship with Inno just increased dramatically.

jaymoney23456

I don't recall any of the Events having a "Finish X 24 hour productions" without there being an alternative option. I have never needed to use a Finish All Supply Productions item during an Event. Supply rushes to save some time yes. I don't know how many production buildings other players have. I usually had a dozen blacksmiths and some sleigh builders but I replaced them all with Jumpin Pumpkins (I have 17 now with more to come). I used 3 FASP items this Rival which is easily sustainable.
Looking at the top 10 players in my world and in my guild, none of the top 10 in the world have even 10 production buildings (many had none at all) and only a couple do in my guild and one of those has over 20 since he does lots of RQ quests for more titan goods. I use some finish production quests on the annoying never ending production quests from events such as the last event where like 50% or something (could be an exaggeration but the point is that it was a lot of them) of the quests called for finishing productions. I would rather avoid the annoyance of things like doing them endlessly in events rather than spend more of them on rival quest 32 where I can just get the gold upgrade anyway with a little time and simply collecting from the silver building.

Emberguard

The Rival is easy to ignore and it doesn't do anything for guilds so there is no pressure from guildmates even in competitive guilds. The code is written and only needs slight tweaks to bring it back for those who enjoy it and can use the rewards. So live and let live
When there’s no Event running, sure. I can just ignore it.

Not so easy during Events as there’s a lot of Event Currency tied into it. Mystery boxes, daily challenges and incidents all slowly went from participation not necessary to participation being required if you want the main building. So to have the Rival add so much extra currency I‘d expect the same to be true if it stays long term and doesn’t become a complete flop

People are already at that point. Look at all the negative comments - and this is easily making a community of Rival HATERS - and they won't participate again.

Once burned, twice shy.

Yeah, I’m considering it. But then if necessary I could just stop Events altogether and use the city as is

jaymoney23456

When there’s no Event running, sure. I can just ignore it.

Not so easy during Events as there’s a lot of Event Currency tied into it. Mystery boxes, daily challenges and incidents all slowly went from participation not necessary to participation being required if you want the main building. So to have the Rival add so much extra currency I‘d expect the same to be true if it stays long term and doesn’t become a complete flop

Yeah, I’m considering it. But then if necessary I could just stop Events altogether and use the city as is
I might just do enough the next event to get the golden orrrery upgrade and some stage of age upgrades and call it a day. Not overly impressed with the new main building overall and already have way more buildings that are good or decent than I have room for. Plus I find the merge game very annoying lol

Johnny B. Goode

My main issue with the Rivals challenge this time is it's the first time that I can remember an event/challenge/whatever that requires you to use rushes to even get halfway through, let alone complete it. Unless, of course, you have at least 50 production buildings in your city*. That's a marked departure from everything else we've seen. Sure, you could use rushes in other events/challenges to get through them faster, but never just to be able to finish them. My favorite word for most of Inno's changes additions to the game lately: RIDICULOUS.

*If you had 50 production buildings and already had them ready to collect from a 24hr production, you could collect from as many as you need for the first task that requires them, then reset them. Do this each time and you could do it without rushes. The only way you could do it without rushes. RIDICULOUS.

Pericles the Lion

My main issue with the Rivals challenge this time is it's the first time that I can remember an event/challenge/whatever that requires you to use rushes to even get halfway through, let alone complete it. Unless, of course, you have at least 50 production buildings in your city*. That's a marked departure from everything else we've seen. Sure, you could use rushes in other events/challenges to get through them faster, but never just to be able to finish them. My favorite word for most of Inno's changes additions to the game lately: RIDICULOUS.

*If you had 50 production buildings and already had them ready to collect from a 24hr production, you could collect from as many as you need for the first task that requires them, then reset them. Do this each time and you could do it without rushes. The only way you could do it without rushes. RIDICULOUS.
Lemme guess. You don't have a Tarot Card Caravans. :cool:

UBERhelp1

It doesn't need to be a fast time to build up finish supply production items. I only the one Tarot Card Caravans, but it's been such a long time since the last mini challenge that needed supply rushes that anyone with a TCC should have more than enough. Just store a few event buildings, place down some blacksmiths, and you're set.

I was replying to you saying asking why someone should complete it, and my answer was that I had no reason not to. Not really making a statement about most players having production buildings, just saying that most established players could probably complete it if they wanted to. It's up to those players to evaluate whether it's worth it to them or not. For me, it was.

Emberguard

Most players would have only a single tarot building which produces 1 finish all productions in just over a week, which is not a very fast way to build them up. Also, most players do not have 20 supply production buildings in their city, which means they would need to use more than 2 finish all supply productions.

Well, that would be part of the issue / solution. How much space are you willing to take up with production buildings?

I know some established players get around that by using Store Building on some large buildings, filling it up with Blacksmiths and then restoring it back to Event buildings once the productions are over.

Now we have pumpkins we have something decent that can be a bit more permanent than a blacksmith would be

I only the one Tarot Card Caravans, but it's been such a long time since the last mini challenge that needed supply rushes that anyone with a TCC should have more than enough.

Yeah, there's also that aspect of it. How often are people actually bringing Finish All Supply Production into use? You can definitely cut down on the amount by having something ready to collect before the quest pops up.

TotalTrash

Sometimes I wonder if Inno is intentionally trying to thin the herd.....
You are correct: we've entered the death spiral. I've seen this before in other games. Now it's all about syphoning as much money has they can from the dwindling player base before they close the doors.