• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rival asks for red blocks to be popped ,There are zero red blocks at all

Ironrooster

I found when I played this on beta that I could not complete the Rival quest line unless I wanted to spend a lot of diamonds. If I hadn't done all the rush quests, I could have done better.

Again I have done all the rush quests. So I will do as many quests as I can without spending diamonds and be happy with however many quests I complete. I have finished 6 so far, probably have 10-12 total.

jaymoney23456

Anyone who wants to experience banging their head against a brick wall should play the rival. Everyone else should ignore it once you get as far as you get with normal gameplay in the minigame lol

Ebeondi Asi

I completed the Rival in one World. It seemed easy as long as I was using a lot of tools (and thus spending money) One positive point is I would be spending it anyway along the line to do the Event.
The final Rival prize are three Golden Tickets.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

I completed the Rival in one World. It seemed easy as long as I was using a lot of tools (and thus spending money) One positive point is I would be spending it anyway along the line to do the Event.
The final Rival prize are three Golden Tickets.
One mystery for me is I now have three Alligator 1 and three Alligator 2 parts. But as far as I can look and see only two sets are from the Event Rewards. So my mystery is did I get a set from the Rival??? (middle someplace.)
I almost think I have to do another one to know..Unless someone else can verify they did or did not come from the Rival?
Of course its easy if you spend enough on buying tools and tickets lol You can get the alligator lv 1 and 2 from the main building eventually from fragments

planetofthehumans2

It actually seems like the game chooses a board that is not on the latest task. Happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'd have to buy a 20 pak of tickets to finish it.

FluffyPhoenix

Got both level 2 buildings since I hate this event and don't play, thus my tickets piled up. Both are disgustingly overpowered.

jaymoney23456

It actually seems like the game chooses a board that is not on the latest task. Happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'd have to buy a 20 pak of tickets to finish it.
I noticed that too. My first board after rival appeared didn't have any of the color needed to solve the first quest. I stopped bothering with the rival questline after using 6-7 tickets and still being stuck on quest 6. I should have just done the first couple got the free ticket and a tool or two and called it a day!

kernmantle

SOLUTION: "Move on to a new board which has red tiles" (Which are NOT guaranteed to be present on the next one you get).
In my case, it requests "green tiles" (where there were none), I bought an entrance ticket (goodbye 200 diamonds), and luckily it had green tiles.

But, more broadly, the Rival Quest gives you way, way, WAY too little time to complete the 32(!) tasks, and those tasks themselves are way too difficult, that is, expensive: eg, popping and collecting 2 6-star chests, of a particular color, no less. (How did this get out of beta-test?)

You will never make 32 quest tasks in the allotted 2 days, so dont even try unless you are prepared to spend ~2000 diamonds.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

SOLUTION: "Move on to a new board which has red tiles" (Which are NOT guaranteed to be present on the next one you get).
In my case, it requests "green tiles" (where there were none), I bought an entrance ticket (goodbye 200 diamonds), and luckily it had green tiles.

But, more broadly, the Rival Quest gives you way, way, WAY too little time to complete the 32(!) tasks, and those tasks themselves are way too difficult, that is, expensive: eg, popping and collecting 2 6-star chests, of a particular color, no less. (How did this get out of beta-test?)

You will never make 32 quest tasks in the allotted 2 days, so dont even try unless you are prepared to spend ~2000 diamonds.
The best solution would just be take out the color element, but inno doesn't listen to beta feedback they sure arn't going to listen to us.

Ebeondi Asi

There is also an upgrade to the Alligator in the Rival later on. So some may find that is enough to push a little further.?

FluffyPhoenix

This rival has instilled in me the desire to not play events until either he pops up or the last couple of days when I can be fairly certain that he won't.

jaymoney23456

Now two boards in a row with no green tiles when the rival quest calls for popping green tiles. THis is just one reason that the rival quests are simply insulting!