• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Road Disconnect

Aloysius the Wise

I was told that even if your “house” is not attached to a road, you still have the population, you just don’t collect gold ($$) for the building. So if you need people, but not money, just disconnect the road. I have done this with a few of my houses- not all- just a few. Does the same principle work towards an army? Example, I disconnected my Archers from the road and it looks like I still have the Archers in my army. I guess when I need to build or heal, I would have to re-attach to the roads. Please give me your thoughts, comments and opinions. TIA.

Pericles the Lion

If you disconnect a barracks from a road you will not lose any units attached to that barracks. If any of these units get killed you will need to reattach to restore them. On a separate note, if you have a Traz the barracks does not need to be attached to a road in order for the Traz to produce unattached units.

..Boudica..

I deleted a road to my tanks and couldn't even click on it. Got a message it needed to be connected to a road. But I didn't check Army Mgmt bc there's too many to count.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I deleted a road to my tanks and couldn't even click on it. Got a message it needed to be connected to a road. But I didn't check Army Mgmt bc there's too many to count.
You are incorrect. You don't lose attached troops when you disconnect a barracks, you only lose them when you delete the building or they die in battle.

Edit - You edited while I was typing. If you check Army Management they are still there.

Sharmon the Impaler

Scroll all the way to the end and make sure the drop down is the era units you want to check. Hovering over the cloud at the end will give you that era’s total unit counts.