• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rotating units in and out of standby -- How do I? Is it possible?

Tharkunn

Rotating units in and out of standby -- How do I? Is it possible?

Yes, I searched this. I saw people had asked questions on the topic. I even saw a thread when the person replied with a thank you that is good to know. But I could not see the reply he was referring too.

So to my problem. Of the various different types of units I have. One shorts me on how many are available. I see bunches of the other types, but only a few of the ranged. The archers. I use them a lot. They get injured I want to swap in fresh units but while there are some in the 'standby units' I can't get to them. I would love to be able to put 8 or so horses, 8 catapults, 8 tanks, 8 light into standby and have it give back a few of the archers. It is showing 24 of each of these. But only 5 archers.

Is there a way to manage this? To put others in so I can take some out?

DeletedUser

If you select "Iron Age" in the drop down on the combat screen it will only show those units and this will maximize the showing healthy and usable archers. The gold cloud at the end of the slider shows all available if you mouse over it

Sir Gerr

I have run into this problem as well and it does not maximize the healthy Rogues in my case.
In my Army Management it show roughly 50 Rogues and the cloud shows I have over 350 in Standby Units.
When I battle and swap I as most do swap out the damaged units for healthy units. When I do this the damaged units show at the top of the visible units. I can quickly get to a point where I have very few healthy units showing. It does not pull in the healthy standby units for me.
How do I get it to pull the healthy units from the could?
My understanding from others is this happens automatically as implied in the post above. It is obviously not happening for me as there is no possible way after a minimal number of battles I have > 350 damaged Rogues.
I've attached a snip showing the top of my Rogues in Army Management.
I guarantee you there are 100's of healthy units in Standby. It is useless to have them in standby if I can't access them instead of the damaged units.

Attachments

• ArmyManagementRogues.JPG
    ArmyManagementRogues.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 26

Sir Gerr

Not 350.
Are you saying I can't access the Standby units without killing off other units?
What I need to do is rotate out damaged units with healthy units. I don't want to kill units off. That's the whole point of having a good stock of units, so I can keep rotating in healthy units while the damaged units refresh.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The healthy units ALWAYS occupy the first slots . Find a reference point below the slider and remember it (eg mine right now for the first rogue is just to the right of the A in Attack) . When you need a quick reload then click right above that slot on the slider and you will have instant access to a fresh batch. This reference spot gradually shifts left if you lose units to the left of your rogues so adjust accordingly. This is only for PC , I don't fight on mobile ever

Sir Gerr

OK - issue resolved.
I finally found someone who could explain it to me and have confirmed it works correctly for me.
It pulls in fresh units from Standby (the cloud) as long as you have them and keeps 20 fresh visible plus all the damaged units visible.
Thank you

Dominator - X

I have run into this problem as well and it does not maximize the healthy Rogues in my case.
In my Army Management it show roughly 50 Rogues and the cloud shows I have over 350 in Standby Units.
When I battle and swap I as most do swap out the damaged units for healthy units. When I do this the damaged units show at the top of the visible units. I can quickly get to a point where I have very few healthy units showing. It does not pull in the healthy standby units for me.
How do I get it to pull the healthy units from the could?
My understanding from others is this happens automatically as implied in the post above. It is obviously not happening for me as there is no possible way after a minimal number of battles I have > 350 damaged Rogues.
I've attached a snip showing the top of my Rogues in Army Management.
I guarantee you there are 100's of healthy units in Standby. It is useless to have them in standby if I can't access them instead of the damaged units.
Scroll left. Healthy units are to the left of what your screenshot shows. Injured units are always to the right and will accumulate. The further right you scroll, the heavier the damage to that particular unit. Conversely, the further left you scroll, per unit type, the healthier they are.

Tharkunn

The healthy units ALWAYS occupy the first slots . Find a reference point below the slider and remember it (eg mine right now for the first rogue is just to the right of the A in Attack) . When you need a quick reload then click right above that slot on the slider and you will have instant access to a fresh batch. This reference spot gradually shifts left if you lose units to the left of your rogues so adjust accordingly. This is only for PC , I don't fight on mobile ever

I click all over my slider. I have tried setting it to my current era, tried switching back and forth from current era to all eras as people say doing so will give me my healthy units. Nothing is giving me healthy units. I even deleted about 40 other units of other types to no avail.

Why can't we have a button that allows us to click it then click unhealthy units and have that send them to the cloud. After sending all unhealthy units click the cloud and have it flush out an equal number of healthy units to replace the ones we sent in.

What ever secret spot you are clicking I cannot find it.

Vger

I click all over my slider.
Struggling to figure out what your real issue is here, because the interface works fine. You can always get to healthy units if you have them.

What else do you do beyond "click all over my slider". There are 3 ways to scroll through your units:
  1. Use the left and right arrow buttons to scroll 1 column at a time.
  2. Click and drag the slider thumb bar to move left and right a bit faster.
  3. Click to the left or right of the slider thumb to quickly move to a specific spot.
Are you only doing #3?
Try method #1. It is slow, but you don't miss anything. Scroll right until the unit type you are interested in scrolls into view. The first to scroll into view will be your healthiest units. If they are not full health, then you *do not have* any full health units. If that is the case, then we need to figure out why you think you have healthy units when you don't.

Tharkunn

we are talking monkeys and peanuts.
I am not talking about replacing my 8 units already selected for battle with one that are visible in the window with the slider bar. I am talking about accessing the units behind the gold cloud button. The button that states that for performance issues only xx units will be displayed. You have the units listed here in the 'standby area'. You have not fought long enough to have all the units, be it 20 or 30 that are visible wounded. You are telling me how to do something I learned how to do Day one of playing. I am not asking that question.

Vger

I am not talking about replacing my 8 units already selected for battle with one that are visible in the window with the slider bar. I am talking about accessing the units behind the gold cloud button.
See, that's the part that isn't making sense to any of us. The units behind the gold cloud are as healthy, or less healthy than the units you can see using the slider. There would never, ever be an advantage to selecting the hidden units over the visible units.
I'm stuck trying to understand why you think there would be an advantage. Can you explain?

CommanderCool1234

See, that's the part that isn't making sense to any of us. The units behind the gold cloud are as healthy, or less healthy than the units you can see using the slider. There would never, ever be an advantage to selecting the hidden units over the visible units.
I'm stuck trying to understand why you think there would be an advantage. Can you explain?
His has units that have been selected as defending army that are hidden although I always thougt those units went up front.

Vger

His has units that have been selected as defending army that are hidden although I always thougt those units went up front.
They do. He doesn't.
Maybe he used them for attack and they are dead?

ETA: Something like this. I just sent my city defenders on a fools mission in GE. 2 died. 2 are in hospital cursing me. So I have this:
1614301792093.png

Exactly what it should show. Nothing hidden in a cloud.

Last edited:

SissyGirl

I am also having the same problem. I have 66 unattached rogues. I see 30 in the slider/active (in spite of the box that says 20 max). When I have 30 that are injured, they are all in the slider/active, and I cannot select an uninjured rogue from the cloud to be active. I am understanding this thread to say that if all 30 I see are injured, then I must have 66 injured ones?

SissyGirl

clarification: All the rogues are unattached. The number i can see varies sometimes.. yesterday I got it up to 60.. i dont know how. But I have a LOT of cloud rogues that I cannot use unless I kill off the rogues that are on the scroll bar. Is this a defect?

Nashtah

The injured always show but the it is set to only show a limited amount of the full health. You should see 2-20 uninjured which are the first rouges to the left. At least that is how it works with my 1700+ rouges. I always have more uninjured but they are be harder to locate fast as the number of injured increases.

Highgear

OK - issue resolved.
I finally found someone who could explain it to me and have confirmed it works correctly for me.
It pulls in fresh units from Standby (the cloud) as long as you have them and keeps 20 fresh visible plus all the damaged units visible.
Thank you
What was it please.