• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Safe to skip side quests? quest chains?

• Thread starter DeletedUser27348
  • Start date

DeletedUser27348

Besides numbered side quests (jester 1, 2, etc.), is it safe to skip abortable side quests if we don't like the reward/hassle? Or will skipping an ordinary side quest with a non-hidden reward not allow side quests in a chain to be available later?

I was under the impression you can basically can skip whatever unless its those obvious numbered/hidden reward quests but I'm concerned as I just entered the HMA on continent map (just scouting in progress), even though I'm barely in EMA tech-wise, and i got a side quest to take a HMA sector from Grivus with a clear 2700 supplies reward, but when aborted, got no more new side quests and it just went back to EMA recurring. Would this potentially make me not get other HMA side quests from Grivus that might give units? Would advancing too far on map not allow special quests for my current age that give units or diamonds to pop up? Please advise.

DeletedUser26660

Some of the side quests are reoccurring ones and so you can skip these and they will just keep going round in a cycle. You can continuously use the same particular quest that gives a good prize and then skip the next 4 or 5 until you get that same quest again, just keep hitting abort quest until the one you want comes around again.

DeletedUser27348

Some of the side quests are reoccurring ones and so you can skip these and they will just keep going round in a cycle. You can continuously use the same particular quest that gives a good prize and then skip the next 4 or 5 until you get that same quest again, just keep hitting abort quest until the one you want comes around again.

Thanks, but I am not asking about recurring quests, I am asking about all the other optional abortable quests. And i am not asking if one of these aborted quests will appear again (they won't), Im asking if they will potentially hinder a future optional quest from appearing IF i abort, like a quest chain. I know theres some like this that are obvious like Jester 1, 2, 3, where they have hidden rewards and are numbered. I'm wondering If I can safely assume it will NOT hinder future quests by being aborted if it not obviously numbered like this.

For example is this possible: quest A: conquer a sector in x, receive 2700 supplies, >leads to quest B, conquer x, receive 2 unattached military units.
If i abort quest A, are there quests like this where B will not appear and I am screwing myself out of units? I aborted a quest to take a sector in the age ahead of me and am worried about the ramifications.

DeletedUser26660

When I was in HMA I advanced on the map as far as I could go before it got too difficult, and that we to PE stage. I did whatever quests I could and aborted the ones I could not do. As I advanced through the ages and caught up with the map I found that quests I had aborted popped up again. So I cannot say for sure what would happen but from my own experience what I say above happened to me.

DeletedUser8152

It is indeed possible that if you skip a quest, you will miss out on a special later quest. Most of the time, I think that type of quest has "hidden" rewards, I try to do those. But there's no way I know to be 100% sure.

The wiki page does list some of the quests, you can check there.

DeletedUser25273

My impression is that earlier quest do occasionally have effects on later quests, but likely mostly just slightly later. The main story quests have cases where how you complete one quest can have some impact on the quest line (peaceful negotiations vs conquering territory). The side quests seem to have 'trigger' conditions to activate sequences and I wouldn't be surprised if in some cases aborting a quest might change the quest sequence (I know at least one place where you are asked to build a gallows to kill an opponent or abort the quest to spare them and this does affect the following sequence some). I suspect that there are sequences with Rinbin the Jester (which normally have hidden rewards) where aborting would make him go away, but continuing will go through a series of junk reward and then often something reasonable at the end.

As to your specific question of a 'Normal' side quest with a described prize, I don't know of any case where it has been determined that aborting quest A keeps a later quest B from showing up, but I also have seen evidence that anyone has made the careful study to detect that case. INNO could publish the quest line info on the wiki, but I wouldn't really expect them to (part of the idea of the quest line is to be a bit of a surprise). The independent wiki publishes some of the quest line (that depends on people taking careful notes and publishing it), but detecting remote dependancies is hard (you might be able to detect that at point B some people get a special quest, and some don't, but if it is due to something in the non-recent past, figuring out what it is would be tough).

DeletedUser28978

Is it possible get out of an endless loop of re-ocuring quests? I am in IA on my tower and in ME on the map/province. I only get for the reoccurring the same 5 over & over & over again. For the story quest Princess Myciena, I am stuck at Joffre's Gratititude (Build 2 progressive decorations or research 2 ) and I dont want to research up into the PE age. On the Bonus quest for Princess Myciena I am at Enemy Propganca (research a technology that unlocks a cultural building). I have completed every research form Bronz to IA.

Algona

The only ways to get out of Recurring Quests is to advance in tech or the Continent Map.

Highly recommend that you farm the Recurring Quests. If you are not advancing your game state you must be spending FPs on GB so open up the 'spend X FP' RQ. You must be collecting Coins or Supplies so there are two more RQs you can farm. That pays for the unbirthday RQ.

Enjoy the Diamonds, FPs, Goods, and Medals you will win.