• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Saving Forge Points

sirblu

Is there currently any way to save FP's in inventory or will there be in the future? I have, several times now, received 100 FP's in the Guild Expeditions that I would like to save to construct GB's but it seems they have to be used right away because they are not added to your inventory like other prizes. Instead they are added to your current supply of FP's on the FP bar which then stops the clock from generating more until you bring the balance below 10. It would be nice to either have them added to inventory or have a way in which the player could add them to inventory.

DeletedUser10415

The only way you can self-package forge points at present is to contribute to other player's Great Buildings and secure a slot that awards forge points when the GB levels. I do not see this changing.

sirblu

Thank you Glarg - that seems fair but why are the FP's awarded in the GE's not put into inventory as other awards and prizes are? I know that's the current programming but I am trying to understand the logic behind it.

Algona

I don't think INNO has said why they chose to do that. What follows is pure speculation on mt part.

INNO uses FPs to pace the game, you can't progress without them. The FP bar forces players to play frequently ala treasure hunt. multiple 24 hour timers, Tavern. Inventory FPs are a powerful tool, but balanced by being difficult to get. Being able to save bar FPs would multiply that power as would putting the 20 and 100 FP GE awards into inventory.

Just my thoughts, maybe it's 'cause INNO is sick that way.

Personally I enjoy the added twist of getting to immediatly decide what to do with those sweet, sweet, FP relics.

sirblu

Thank you so much Algona - it does keep it interesting I guess. Still it would really be nice to be able to save those handy packages in inventory!
Happy New Year all!

Mustapha00

Absent an official explanation, Algona's guess makes more sense than any other speculation I've read on the subject.

I think a formal proposal to place the FPs in 10 point packages into one's inventory has been made, but I don't know its fate.

sirblu

Thank you Mustapha00. All of the other FP awards received in the GE's are put into inventory so why not the larger packages - different developer maybe??
Have a very Happy New Year!!

Vger

I suspect the reason is more that they had to put rewards from GB into inventory, or people could get screwed out of the FP they get from the timer, since people are likely not online when GB's level. Whereas when you open your relics, you are by definition playing so can process the reward anyway.
Thank you AT for solving the mystery. That makes perfect sense.

I'm sort of surprised Glarg or @Algona never figured this out.

Freshmeboy

Where is the Crypt Keeper and why has he not dragged the ancient carcass of this thread back to the bowels of hell where it was found..?

Algona

Thank you AT for solving the mystery. That makes perfect sense.

I'm sort of surprised Glarg or @Algona never figured this out.

What on earth brought you to this thread?

Glarg was my first mentor and I always appreciated his insights, help, and wit. I think he had a far better grasp of this game and was a better thinker then anyone else I have seen since. It was a real loss to the game and the forum and to me when he quit.

Don't get me wrong. there are some bright folk on this forum who are always worth reading and considering their viewpoints and we can all continue to learn from.

Damn, I still miss him.

DeletedUser30312

Seconded. I learned much from Glarg when I was still lurking around here.