• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Self motivation removed from all buildings!

sirblu

According to the Announcements the change log yesterday stated the following:
  • As the self-motivation (double production) feature for Diamonds was not used too much, and also some players clicked it accidentally (resulting in unwanted Diamonds spending), we removed it. Instead, we introduced a Diamond option to finish productions instantly for buildings that produce only coins or supplies.
This is not true! The self motivation has been removed from all special buildings as well. So the HoF once motivated would produce double the guild power - that is not possible now!
Likewise the Kiosk and the Fishing Hut and all other special buildings that would produce Goods as well as coins and supplies when motivated now cannot be self motivated.

Why has this been removed from all the Special Buildings? - Those features were the only reason I made space in my city for them.

DeletedUser

According to the Announcements the change log yesterday stated the following:
  • As the self-motivation (double production) feature for Diamonds was not used too much, and also some players clicked it accidentally (resulting in unwanted Diamonds spending), we removed it. Instead, we introduced a Diamond option to finish productions instantly for buildings that produce only coins or supplies.
This is not true! The self motivation has been removed from all special buildings as well. So the HoF once motivated would produce double the guild power - that is not possible now!
Likewise the Kiosk and the Fishing Hut and all other special buildings that would produce Goods as well as coins and supplies when motivated now cannot be self motivated.

Why has this been removed from all the Special Buildings? - Those features were the only reason I made space in my city for them.
The Announcement is true, contrary to your statement. It states that the self-motivation feature was removed, not altered, so that means it applies to all buildings. You can still use the Motivation Kit or Mass Motivation Kit to motivate special buildings, as well as coin/supply buildings. (As an aside, I discovered the hard way that you can only use these kits on buildings that haven't finished their production cycle yet.)

Lucifer1904

You can also have someone motivate for you... I used it on BETA already it is not that bad of a change, This means you can auto-finish 24 hour productions meaning events are easier the catch is you can not auto finish buildings that give FP like the bazzar types.

sirblu

You can also have someone motivate for you... I used it on BETA already it is not that bad of a change, This means you can auto-finish 24 hour productions meaning events are easier the catch is you can not auto finish buildings that give FP like the bazzar types.
Yes, I am not a fan - The auto finish costs way more diamonds than just the 25 used to auto-motivate in which output for coins and supplies doubled. But I hate that they included the special buildings that generate goods and FP's as now one is dependent on someone else motivating these buildings. I used the self motivation feature a lot. Another nice feature gone!

DeletedUser

Yes, I am not a fan - The auto finish costs way more diamonds than just the 25 used to auto-motivate in which output for coins and supplies doubled. But I hate that they included the special buildings that generate goods and FP's as now one is dependent on someone else motivating these buildings. I used the self motivation feature a lot. Another nice feature gone!
Sounds like you need a better friends list. I don't think I have ever used that self-motivation button. Of course, on my highest city, I only have one production building and about 5 houses, so almost all motivation goes to my special buildings. However, I haven't been in that situation all that long, and never had a problem with friends/guildies covering my mo/po needs.

sirblu

Sounds like you need a better friends list. I don't think I have ever used that self-motivation button. Of course, on my highest city, I only have one production building and about 5 houses, so almost all motivation goes to my special buildings. However, I haven't been in that situation all that long, and never had a problem with friends/guildies covering my mo/po needs.
Inno takes away this feature but still allows the P/M of Decorations in the priority list! Amazing!

DeletedUser

Inno takes away this feature but still allows the P/M of Decorations in the priority list! Amazing!
Most experienced players will keep the number of Decorations to a minimum, mostly because they're inefficient compared to Cultural buildings and GBs. 1x1 spaces are better filled with Watchfires and/or Victory Towers (did I just say something good about Victory Towers?).

DeletedUser26120

Yeah if you aren't getting m/p enough then remove your decos. I have a full friends list and never have a problem. In fact about 20% of the people who m/p me end up not motivating or polishing anything as it wasn't needed, so I could have even more buildings than I already do.

Not sure why you are having issues keeping your city m/p'd but I suspect it is you, rather than a flaw in the game.

sirblu

Yeah if you aren't getting m/p enough then remove your decos. I have a full friends list and never have a problem. In fact about 20% of the people who m/p me end up not motivating or polishing anything as it wasn't needed, so I could have even more buildings than I already do.

Not sure why you are having issues keeping your city m/p'd but I suspect it is you, rather than a flaw in the game.
Well I don't know what I could be doing wrong - My friends list is at the maximum and I used the self motivate to motivate my HoF to provide my Guild with Guild power. Now, my HoF goes unmotivated while all the Decos are motivated! Going to remove them all. See if that helps - I still can't figure out why a deco would have a higher p/m priority than the HoF!

DeletedUser

Well I don't know what I could be doing wrong - My friends list is at the maximum and I used the self motivate to motivate my HoF to provide my Guild with Guild power. Now, my HoF goes unmotivated while all the Decos are motivated! Going to remove them all. See if that helps - I still can't figure out why a deco would have a higher p/m priority than the HoF!
This is what the Wiki page says about aiding priority. Note that since the HoF, when motivated, doesn't actually trigger an additional effect, it would fall in the second category. (Additional effect being another item produced, rather than just a doubling of what it already produces.) And if your HoF is not of your current age, it would come after any current age building you have.
"How does the aid button work exactly?
  • Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” (t)hat trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
  • If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age."

Algona

Well I don't know what I could be doing wrong

Likely causes of an HoF not getting motivated:

Older Era HoF
Too many Decorations
Too many Production Buildings set for too many prodcution cycles per day.
Too many Houses on too short a collection Cycle

If you have a full Hood, Guild, and Friend's List AND daily Aid Guildies, Hoodies, and Friends AND boot inactive Friends AND switch to the best available 24 hour Housing AND set all Production Buildings to 24 hour Production AND get rid of Decos using the fewest Cultural Buildings to maintian enthusiasm when all are polished AND do all collections in one shift instead of spread out over the day you will always be fully motivated and enthusuastic at the time of collection and save a lot of time and stress compared to fiddling with multiple collection cycles and be plunder proof if you are late on collections.

If you add reasonably levelled LoA, RAH, and SMB, you will profit more then from any other reasonable collection cycle. And you will really want these GBs from Modern up.

If you can;t or won't do the above, ask your guildies to manually motivate your HoF.

But try the 24 hour cycle thingie. Sounds like a lot of conditions but you should be doing most of those anyway. Now just put them all together. It works.

sirblu

Older Era HoF
Too many Decorations

If you have a full Hood, Guild, and Friend's List AND daily Aid Guildies, Hoodies, and Friends AND boot inactive Friends AND switch to the best available 24 hour Housing AND set all Production Buildings to 24 hour Production AND get rid of Decos using the fewest Cultural Buildings to maintian enthusiasm when all are polished AND do all collections in one shift instead of spread out over the day you will always be fully motivated and enthusuastic at the time of collection and save a lot of time and stress compared to fiddling with multiple collection cycles and be plunder proof if you are late on collections.

If you add reasonably levelled LoA, RAH, and SMB, you will profit more then from any other reasonable collection cycle. And you will really want these GBs from Modern up.

If you can;t or won't do the above, ask your guildies to manually motivate your HoF.

But try the 24 hour cycle thingie. Sounds like a lot of conditions but you should be doing most of those anyway. Now just put them all together. It works.
Thanks Algona, I actually am doing most of that now! I only do 24 hr prod. unless a quest ask for different so I only collect once per day. I have virtually no houses unless a quest asks to build them as I use my Inno Tower for population. I just now got rid of all my decos. My HoF is only 1 age below my current one and I will upgrade that today. I have an LoA at L6 and SMB at L3. I am currently working on raising the GB levels b-4 adding any more.

sirblu

Older Era HoF
Too many Decorations

How do I determine if Friends are inactive? I have been aiding via the town hall rather than by the Friends/Guild/Hood listing but don't know how much time I should allow before I kick someone from the list. What do you suggest?

Algona

Getting rid of Decos is prolly the most important part.

How do I determine if Friends are inactive? I

Event History goes back 5 days. Aid all your Friends from History. Then review your Friends on the social bar at the bottom of the city screen. The ones who have not Aided you recently will show up as needing Aid. Don;t Aid them, instead see if you can sit at their Tavern. If you can they are active, just not Aiding. Ask them nicely to start Aiding. Those you can't sit at more than a couple days in a rowprolly are inactive, you can check their scores, ping them, or boot them.

Note well! You can NOT invite more Friends if you have 80 or more on your Friends list.

Good luck

sirblu

Getting rid of Decos is prolly the most important part.

Event History goes back 5 days. Aid all your Friends from History. Then review your Friends on the social bar at the bottom of the city screen. The ones who have not Aided you recently will show up as needing Aid. Don;t Aid them, instead see if you can sit at their Tavern. If you can they are active, just not Aiding. Ask them nicely to start Aiding. Those you can't sit at more than a couple days in a rowprolly are inactive, you can check their scores, ping them, or boot them.

Note well! You can NOT invite more Friends if you have 80 or more on your Friends list.

Good luck
Thanks Algona, for all your help - I will try doing that over the next week.

DeletedUser26120

One day I sat on all my friends' taverns 4 times that day - roughly 6 hour intervals. Then I wrote down the ones I could sit down on. Rest got booted.

Then I refilled friend list - now I get a lot of taverns to sit on and lots in mine. Spent a lot of time doing it but was totally worth it.