• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted Separate Rogue Tab

Oxhead780

As Rogues are the most used unit in the game, why isn't there a separate tab for them?
It is tedious to scroll all the way through the light unit page when replacing units to go to the next battle. For higher-age players, this might not be a problem, if they have a high enough attack boost, but for players like me, it could be really helpful.
Please upvote so it can be seen by Inno

MKPapa

Agree. Rogues are used very differently from a regular Light Unit, and deserve a separate tab to speedup the army management.

oldsparky

I am voting "Yes" - it IS annoying to swap between "no age" and then going back, finding my actual age for other light units.

Xenosaur

I voted yes on principle. I *REALLY* would like to see Inno embrace this idea as a part of a larger re-design of ARMY Management that ergonomically supports all the other changes in the multiple WAR venues that have come to FoE.

To your point: On mobile for example, the taps, swipes and other finger touch requirements (drop down box choices, etc) that need to support GbG each 4 hours is onerous AND after just a few GbG playing experiences each season, can physically be considered repetitively injurious. For 1 complete army change for 1 battle, moving OUT damaged soldiers and replacing them with a blended (from the same age, or even multiple ages...) attack army from your soldier inventory requires dozens of touches, and swipes.

For 1 battle!

And that's just to set UP THE FIGHT! Add a bunch more to that amount so as to play that battle manually (no single autobattle button touch!)

This needs to be streamlined.

If your proposal makes this better for everyone playing, and if Inno embraces doing it, it would be a good step It may signal movement to change a very old game design that needs to be reviewed, redesigned, and clearly refreshed for modern play.

Last edited:

LoveNkind

I would like to see fewer units displayed in each category because it takes too long to scroll thru them.
It also would be nice to list rogues to the left (first) and your defense forces on the right or another tab.

Oswyn the noble

I really have no intrest in this but i voted yes anyways..wanna see how this would play out if the devs added this to the game

Mor-Rioghain

Missed this one but would have voted "yes." Seems reasonable enough and would surely benefit players at all levels of experience/era/playstyle.

Phallys the Great

what if the front army unit page could have 1 of each type of unit that you want displayed? So you can clear your tired units and add as many of the ones you have available to your 8 units?

Xenosaur

I repeat: This is a band-aid on a big wound. The entire structure of FoE's Army Management needs serious review. It must be brought forward to a modern way to play and interact, as the severe repetitive requirement of GbG fighting (Manual OR AUTO) and changing armies cannot stand up to the original design, which was built for a more casual fighting focus.

MKPapa

I repeat: This is a band-aid on a big wound. The entire structure of FoE's Army Management needs serious review. It must be brought forward to a modern way to play and interact, as the severe repetitive requirement of GbG fighting (Manual OR AUTO) and changing armies cannot stand up to the original design, which was built for a more casual fighting focus.
Totally agree. Thousands of mouse clicks made so fast can actually cause injury.