• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Settlement Screen Default

lemur

Hey InnoGames Programmers —

If the magnification level of the main city screen is saved, and it remains at whatever setting that is chosen by the player, then why can't you provide the same for the Vikings Settlement screen? Remember all the complaints from players when you did not allow them to save the magnification setting?

Why must the Vikings settlement be set on a very inconvenient "zoomed out" mode every time I return? This strikes me as yet another oversight on your part that is caused by your not playing the game on a very repetitive, daily basis. I can see why you would rather program than just play the game, but there must be some other way to catch these little mistakes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

When you leave it, is it zoomed out? I ask because my Settlements are always at average zoom whenever I return to them.

lemur

When you leave it, is it zoomed out? I ask because my Settlements are always at average zoom whenever I return to them.

It depends on the browser. With Opera, the default is average zoom. With the latest version of Safari (on a borrowed laptop) it's zoomed out whenever I return. Zoomed out is too small on a smaller laptop screen.

In either case, I don't have the same control that I do over my main city screen. The programing fix is probably easy. I think it's simply an oversight. But it's annoying when trying to meet the settlement deadline on more than one world by running short production cycles.

Emberguard

ah. Maybe it's a Mac thing then? If I'm understanding your problem correctly then it may be worth putting a bug report in. They fixed this issue a while back on other browsers due to bug reports

DeletedUser

It depends on the browser. With Opera, the default is average zoom. With the latest version of Safari (on a borrowed laptop) it's zoomed out whenever I return. Zoomed out is too small on a smaller laptop screen.

In either case, I don't have the same control that I do over my main city screen. The programing fix is probably easy. I think it's simply an oversight. But it's annoying when trying to meet the settlement deadline on more than one world by running short production cycles.
Yeah, that would be maddening. @Emberguard is probably right, it might be worthwhile to put in a bug report specifying the browser(s) you're having issues with.

DeletedUser36624

It's not a Mac thing, although I am using Chrome. The settlement zoom sticks just fine.

Just tested using Safari (version 12.0.2). The settlement zoom sticks to whatever I left it at. I assume this is the latest version of Safari since I have no updates available.