• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Shield Images Identified

DeletedUser36389

There are several Shields with or without swords. Can't find anywhere what each means.

RazorbackPirate

GvG Support Pool.png - GvG Support Pool

Increases the strength of Defending Armies in GvG.

Attacking Army A-D Bonus.png - Attacking Army Attack/Defense Boost

Increases the Attack and Defense strength of Attacking Armies. Used in PvP, GE, DC, and on the C-map.

Defending Army Def Bonus.png - Defense Boost

Increases the Attack and Defense Strength of Defending Armies

These are given by both Great Buildings and Special Buildings.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Need some clarification on a special building. The Pond of Fall from the current fall event has a blank shield. Based on this thread, it would appear it’s a GVG bonus.

The FOE wiki says nothing specific about the defensive attribute (GVG vs City/troop defense).
The Fall Event wiki says it’s a defense bonus and the comments under the description lead be to believe it’s a city/troop bonus.

So which is it? A GVG defensive bonus or a city/troop defensive bonus?

Snarko

Pond of Fall
3x4 - Culture building
Provides happiness and a defense boost. The output does not depend on motivation.

From the announcement thread
A defense boost means a defensive bonus when defending your city. Unfortunately they use the same icon for GvG support pool boost (Observatory) and defensive defense boost. A basic rule is this:
Only shield = defense boost for defending army (except Observatory)
Shield + ONE sword = attack and defense boost for defending army (Deal Castle and Saint Basil's Cathedral. Note that they also increase support pool)
Two swords = attack boost for attacking army
Shield + TWO swords = attack and defense boost for attacking army

As far as I know there is nothing that gives only attack boost for defending armies or only defense boost for attacking armies. Most special buildings either boost defense of defending army or attack of attacking army. It's usually only GBs that give a dual boost.

Then there's Terracotta Army, which has it's own blue icon. It will boost both attack and defense for both attacking and defending armies.

DeletedUser38449

Personally, I think they need to differentiate between city def buffs & GVG buffs with separate icons.
Totally Agree. GVG Support Pool should be a completely different icon than the City Defender icon. Stupid Observatory.

I finally built the Observatory and sunk 25 forge points into it...all excited about the 10% City Defender and the extra goods. Then I read the fine print about the Support Pool. Man what a disappointment :(. I know it's my fault for not reading the fine print before building it, but not in a million years did I think the City Defender icon could possibly have 2 meanings. I never would have built the stupid thing, much less sunk all those FPs into it. So there it sits...an expensive useless Great Building because my guild doesn't GVG.....

Super Catanian

So there it sits...an expensive
It’s the second cheapest GB after the Oracle of Delphi, at 50 BA goods (10 of each). Although I’ll admit that getting prints can be a huge pain in the butt.

useless Great Building
If your guild at least does GE, those goods are great, and if there are enough of them in your guild, it almost guarantees that you won’t have to donate goods from your own stock (except for quests).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29404

It’s the second cheapest GB after the Oracle of Delphi, at 50 BA goods (10 of each). Although I’ll admit that getting prints can be a huge pain in the arse.

If your guild at least does GE, those goods are great, and if there are enough of them in your guild, it almost guarantees that you won’t have to donate goods from your own stock (except for quests).
Both the OBs, Atom, and Arc goods which are produced and go into your Guilds treasury, directly add points to your overall score. Leveling those GBs helps improve your game score. Esp in the higher ages.

Gamer Girl

Can someone tell me what the BLUE 2 swords crossed means? I got the tacticians tower and it Has that icon. Thanks guys!

Tactician Tower gives attacking boost to your defensive army. 2% bonus at level 1, and 4% at level 2 (independent of age)

And the red defense shield from the Sentinel Outpost? How is it different from the uncolored defense shield? Thanks.

Last edited: