• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I build a second Ship?

DeletedUser36126

This is my first event. I have built one ship to Pirate level (though I am more of a merchant and regret not choosing Trader Ship). I have a Royal selection kit and 2 upgrade kits, 7 days left in the event and the space to build. Should I take the 700 medal, 25 FP or just build a second ship in hopes of getting enough upgrade kits in the last days of the event to max out my second ship?

Also, I have noticed that the event quests have slowed in recent days. Whereas they did just reset after completing each quest it now makes me wait till the next day to start a new quest. Is this normal?

If it informs my decision I also have a 1 up kit, a renovation kit (Difference?) and 3 store buildings.

Thanks for your time!

DeletedUser31592

Most events will have two sets of quests- ones that can be done immediately and a daily portion. Once you clear the immediate section, you start having to wait until midnight for a new quest.

I wouldn't touch your selection kit for now. Leave it in your inventory. Keep playing. You are guaranteed 1 more upgrade when you finish the event (if you finish). See how many you end up with.

I plan to keep a selection kit in inventory in each city. You never know when they will update the daily challenge prizes, and I want to be prepared. I do that for every event when I can (get another 'base')

DeletedUser35475

I wouldn't build the second ship until after the event and you see what you end up with. The ship is best if it is fully leveled.

Graviton

Well yeah, it would be best if fully levelled... ;)

What's the opinion on the lowest level at which it becomes worth planting? I doubt I'd be able to get a second one beyond Level 3, as it looks now. I'm thinking that's not worth the space but I'd like to know what everybody else thinks.

DeletedUser35712

Also, I have noticed that the event quests have slowed in recent days. Whereas they did just reset after completing each quest it now makes me wait till the next day to start a new quest. Is this normal?
Yep, that's how Inno emphasizes daily login.

I have a Royal selection kit and 2 upgrade kits, 7 days left in the event and the space to build. Should I take the 700 medal, 25 FP or just build a second ship in hopes of getting enough upgrade kits in the last days of the event to max out my second ship?
I wouldn't build the ship if you don't have all of the upgrades. The ship on lower levels is quite inefficient. Just keep the kit in your inventory and wait for the rest of the upgrades to come along. You'll need 3 extra upgrade kits outside of the one from the last quest, which would require <60-80 map pieces depending on where you on the treasure hunt. That would mean you need over 30 doubloons left, and getting 2 map pieces to even enough to get a fully upgrades ship.

DeletedUser35712

What's the opinion on the lowest level at which it becomes worth planting? I doubt I'd be able to get a second one beyond Level 3, as it looks now. I'm thinking that's not worth the space but I'd like to know what everybody else thinks.
Royal ship for me. Anything else is trash imo.

RazorbackPirate

I'm going for a second ship in both my cities and yes, I'm spending diamonds to do it. First ships were Pirate, second ships will be Royal.

DeletedUser35475

For the space it takes up I would not put one down unless it was fully leveled. The best you can get is 2 fp's and 10 goods if it is not fully done. I think you could use the space for other things that give you at least that.

DeletedUser35475

I finally found a use for the store building. I have a Royal and a Pirate. I can use the store building to swap them out when I need the attack boost of the Pirate.

DeletedUser31592

I won't build them unless they are fully leveled, either. I did place it early in two cities- both aged up within the last week and the new era goods could help. But, I already could take them to level 6 AND I know I will for sure get them to level 7. That is the only reason I did it. If I had doubts about reaching level 7, or if I was set goods-wise, I never would have added one before getting that last upgrade.

I was plundering neighbors and found a guy with 1- level 1 and 1- level 2. WHY?

DeletedUser35712

I won't build them unless they are fully leveled, either. I did place it early in two cities- both aged up within the last week and the new era goods could help. But, I already could take them to level 6 AND I know I will for sure get them to level 7. That is the only reason I did it. If I had doubts about reaching level 7, or if I was set goods-wise, I never would have added one before getting that last upgrade.

I was plundering neighbors and found a guy with 1- level 1 and 1- level 2. WHY?

It is said that whoever builds 3 low-level ships will have other players bow down towards the player, although we don't know for sure if it's because they were about to roll on the floor laughing, or bowing out of sheer reverence towards the god of stupidity.

DeletedUser31735

This would be a great event to buy diamonds for! Unfortunately Im broke ATM so I will be settling for just 1 Ship. The FP output on the royal ship is 1 per 3.5 squares (Better than SOK) and it gives more also! Im really hoping I score upgrades to get 2 full ship or Inno may put ship upgrades in daily quest soon after....... (Please!)

DeletedUser29726

The way the event is balanced:
You're guaranteed one fully upgraded ship for free for actively playing the event pretty much.
You're likely half way to a second fully upgraded ship if you login every day and do every quest - it'll cost about 5k diamonds to finish it.
It'll cost about 10k more diamonds for each additional fully upgraded ship after that.

As for when it's worth it, with these ships and how much is tied up in the final upgrade, I'd go with level 7 in the long run. Level 5 might be enough if you don't have much for event buildings yet but you'll be storing or deleting it eventually. I personally prefer pirates to royals - 2 FP a day is easier to come by these days than 8% attack boost.

DeletedUser31308

The way the event is balanced:
You're guaranteed one fully upgraded ship for free for actively playing the event pretty much.
You're likely half way to a second fully upgraded ship if you login every day and do every quest - it'll cost about 5k diamonds to finish it.
It'll cost about 10k more diamonds for each additional fully upgraded ship after that.

As for when it's worth it, with these ships and how much is tied up in the final upgrade, I'd go with level 7 in the long run. Level 5 might be enough if you don't have much for event buildings yet but you'll be storing or deleting it eventually. I personally prefer pirates to royals - 2 FP a day is easier to come by these days than 8% attack boost.
Not to mention the aesthetic difference. It's not even close.

DeletedUser35603

This is my first event. I have built one ship to Pirate level (though I am more of a merchant and regret not choosing Trader Ship). I have a Royal selection kit and 2 upgrade kits, 7 days left in the event and the space to build. Should I take the 700 medal, 25 FP or just build a second ship in hopes of getting enough upgrade kits in the last days of the event to max out my second ship?

If it informs my decision I also have a 1 up kit, a renovation kit (Difference?) and 3 store buildings.

Thanks for your time!
I have a fleet of 8 Royal Ships that allow me to collect 48 fps each and every day. Man, what a concept!!!

wolfhoundtoo

The ships would be more cost effective than buying FPs directly in what a month? I haven't bothered with the math but he'd of had to spend an awful lot of money for buying directly to be a better idea. Also if you bought on the sales they give you free doubloons. If I had been willing to spend they'd of given me a bunch of free ones and I still could of used the diamonds I would of gotten on something other than the event.

DeletedUser36126

For those of you following at home I built the second ship. With a little luck and a little help from my wallet I got it elevated to my second pirate ship. Thanks for all the feedback!