• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I push my Arc to 80 or leave it at 66 until I have a decent amount of excess inventory FP?

I just got my Arc powerleveled from 30 to 66, and so far I'm going through a honeymoon phase of sniping GBs in the sweet spot. Unfortunately, I'm always running out of FPs and missing out on a lot of opportunities. I'm contemplating over whether I should continue sniping until I don't run out of FP, and then work on getting my Arc to 80, or stop sniping and wait for the FPs to come in so I could powerlevel from 66 to 80. On one hand, I hate to lose on absolute profits, and on the other hand, I do want to say that I got my Arc to 80 in under 60 days of starting a new town (plus the additional 7% in FP rewards).

Last edited:

P C C

While I agree with everyone above that concentrating on the Arc is best, I'd add one caveat: I've seen several players grind their Arcs to 80 and then basically stop playing, possibly because that process wasn't fun. It sounds like this isn't your first city, in which case this probably isn't a factor, but taking breaks to snipe and build up your FP bank (if you enjoy sniping) might be a way to add enjoyment and lessen the chance of burnout.

Emberguard

It doesn’t particularly matter what you do as long as you find it fun. You can rush through a few ages without ever touching the Arc if that’s what you find fun. All depends: what’s the goal?

Personally I find no harm in sniping to your hearts content and using the excess to level your Arc at the same time as sniping

Sniperdude1220

While I agree with everyone above that concentrating on the Arc is best, I'd add one caveat: I've seen several players grind their Arcs to 80 and then basically stop playing, possibly because that process wasn't fun. It sounds like this isn't your first city, in which case this probably isn't a factor, but taking breaks to snipe and build up your FP bank (if you enjoy sniping) might be a way to add enjoyment and lessen the chance of burnout.
Very good point and certainly happened to me . It’s a grind and once it was done I did and still do to an extent suffer from burnout. I’m one of those who feel GBG is ruining the game too so I’m probably in a very small group with those thoughts lol.

Ebeondi Asi

Arc to 80 is usually a long hard grind. Once at 80 the game really does change. One point though is finding a nice Guild to take part in.With an Arc at 80 I found i needed a Guild with a strong 1.9 that was very active. A slow 1.9 sucks.
I nver did snipe so I cannot say which way is better. I tend to use up my FPs to level my GBs. and use the moderate stash of packets to help others on the 1.9

DevaCat

I agree with the above. Taking lower spots in even a moderately moving Arc 1.9 is far faster, more productive and less stressful than chasing snipes.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The grind to 80 is a lot less these days than it used to be, what with 1.9 or above threads to post your building on, plus a lot more Arcs over level 100 that you can take 5th on in order to get prints. When I did mine it was still via the old style swap group method. No 1.8, 1.9 or whatever. That was a grind.

Now new players not only get 1.9 or better on their buildings, they expect to get that and sometimes even feel entitled to it.

These days as long as your guild has an active 1.9 thread and doesn’t suck in GBG I’d level a SoZ, CoA, maybe CdM to level 10. I’d add a ToR and Traz at level 1. Then I’d farm FPs out of GBG and use that to level my ARC while getting BP from P4 and P5.

That’s less grinding and more interesting than plugging away at an ARC for a year with minimal FP production. If players go all ARC until 80 before almost anything else they’ll hate the game and quit.