• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I sell my self-aid kits?

barra370804

I'm wondering if I should sell my self-aid kits in the antiques dealer or if they are too useful for that. I never really use them so I don't know their actual worth.

Lannister the Rich

If you really never use them, there’s no point in have 100+ of them. I occasionally use them on a bad day where I didn’t get enough aid by collection. I’ve only had to use them once this year and just a few days ago as a matter of fact.

Tbh though they aren’t worth much to the dealer either. So unless you’ve got a good stockpile of trade coins and gems or you want to unlock more slots, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Algona

In my experimental city I'm in a Guild with about 36 members. While I was lvling my Arc I overstuffed my city with SoKs and other FP generating SBs. Far more then I could be motivated by my Guild, Hood (yeah, I was Aiding them eveyr day*) and Friends,

I burned through a few hundred Self Aids (thankful Settlements and ToR and DCs spew a fair number) and a few dozen Mass Aids.

The combo of overstuffing the city with FP SBs, self Aiding and Hood Aiding netted me an additional 30 FPs per day, call it 4000 FP over 4 months or so.

Corner case.

But then again you never quite know when you may need an emergency boost of Happiness either.

You are prolly safe to dump all of them, you can always keep a dozen and you will generate ever more if you keep doing DCs and GE, and Settlements.

* This had surprisingly good results.. Hoods yield 10-20 folk who will return Aid on a regular basis. Prolly Aiding from their Event History?

Last edited:

Bruadhin

* This had surprisingly good results.. Hoods yield 10-20 folk who will return Aid on a regular basis. Prolly Aiding from their Event History?

This what I always do. I'll check it periodically while on and aid anyone whose star isn't grayed out.

DeletedUser30312

I'm planning to keep around 40-50 in stock for the times when I really do need the Aid, but the others are going to unlock dealer slots.

Mass Self Aid kits are all getting dumped.

Agent327

I'm planning to keep around 40-50 in stock for the times when I really do need the Aid, but the others are going to unlock dealer slots.

Mass Self Aid kits are all getting dumped.

Why?

If you plan to keep 50 just in case you might as well make those Mass Self Aid.

DeletedUser30312

I have around 100 right now. If 50 feels like too much when I get down there, I might dump some more. It's better to have a surplus I don't need than to over sell and find I need some later. Usually I use the Aid kits to protect short term productions for quests, but Mass Aid kits means there's nothing for my social contacts to aid for the rest of the day.

Freshmeboy

Their diamond value is 50 per kit as they mote one SoK a day. If you need aid for event buildings that take priority you have other problems. Me..? I never throw them away. Come the holidays, players have more important things to do than play games and aid tends to come last if they log in at all. When you start needing 70+ motes a day its amazing how often you need one here or there. Often, I forgo using the kit at all and just suffer a lost fp or two. I understand reality for many gamers. They simply don't have the time to aid everyone everyday...That includes myself...

DeletedUser40061

I had thought about selling mine as well, but decided to use them since iam looking for more higher figure exchange-wise

DeletedUser41019

Self aids can be used to boost the income you get from an individual supplies building or a house (they can't be used on goods buildings). They can also be used to boost the happiness level given by a cultural building for 24 hours (which can be useful if you're close to your target for getting your happiness high enough to boost your collections of ALL supplies and coins buildings to 120% efficiency). But of course, this is a short term solution as the effect lasts for 24 hours, or as long as it takes you to collect from that building next time, so you should be looking to build enough to guarantee yourself these things even without the use of a temporary boost.

I tend to sell mine, you can get useful stuff from the antiques dealer, so you may as well sell up, and use your trade coins for something you ARE going to want.

DeletedUser41019

Only 12? Oh, In which case I have a lot of friends aiding me. I always thought it was 24. *slightly embarassed*

Bruadhin

Only 12? Oh, In which case I have a lot of friends aiding me. I always thought it was 24. *slightly embarassed*

If your friends aren't routinely aiding you, remove them from your friends list and add new ones.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41019

If your friends are routinely aiding you, remove them from your friends list and add new ones.

Why the heck would I want to do that, I routinely aid them too, as far as I know, that's a standard part of the game. But I do try to get myself in a position where even if I was not aided, I'd still get sufficient happiness for 120% efficiency. Aiding benefits everyone.

Bruadhin

Why the heck would I want to do that, I routinely aid them too, as far as I know, that's a standard part of the game. But I do try to get myself in a position where even if I was not aided, I'd still get sufficient happiness for 120% efficiency. Aiding benefits everyone.

Because there are plenty of players who will. People on your friends list who do not aid you or sit in your tavern are deadweight. Remove them for someone else who will.