• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Shrine of Knowledge

Lankybrit

Hi,

On youtube, a guy said that he uses Store Building to Store his Shrine of Knowledge and then sell them on the AD. He said that the space they take, and the motivations they take make them less appealing than you'd think.

Anyway, when I look at high level players in my guilds on all the worlds I play on, they all seem still to have lots of them.

What give here? What are all your opinions on Shrines of Knowledge?

Thanks.

CommanderCool1234

Most high age players sometimes don't have the most efficient buildings since they have been playing for years, also how do you know those players aren't also working on removing their shrine's. Doing a big city change like that can take dozens of store building kits and will take a while. SOK's were always appealing because of their small size not necesarily their efficiency, especially on level 1 they are no longer worth it.

Algona

As is the case with every Building in the game, how good SoK is is related to what else you have available.

SoKs are pretty easy to get and productive for newer cities. They are still fine additions right up to the point where you have better alternatives.

Sounds like the tuber has reached the point where they want the room for better SBs and instead of just deleting them is cashing them as AD fodder. That is a fine idea if you run to excess Store Buildings, which are fairly easy to get a lot of by the time a player reaches a position where SoKs are no longer the best alternative.

DeletedUser

Eating up aids and polishing is a big deal when you miss getting all of them done on a regular basis. I have 3 Villas and missing one of them because a SoK ate up the help gets expensive. 1/4 FP is really abysmal anyway.

Ironrooster

I sell them.

I had three in play for awhile, but I realized that they were a poor use of space for the return. Plus they bring a better price in coins and gems than most other buildings I sell.

Sniperdude1220

Rule of thumb I learned
Eating up aids and polishing is a big deal when you miss getting all of them done on a regular basis. I have 3 Villas and missing one of them because a SoK ate up the help gets expensive. 1/4 FP is really abysmal anyway.
Yep. Rule of thumb I learned was when you stop getting them all motivated or other more important buildings miss getting polivated because the SoK are taking priority , you have too many and need to thin your herd.

Algona

Rule of thumb I learned

Yep. Rule of thumb I learned was when you stop getting them all motivated or other more important buildings miss getting polivated because the SoK are taking priority , you have too many and need to thin your herd AFTER checking your Friends and Guildies for Aiding activity and taking appropriate steps.

fFixed. Otherwise you might wind with SBs more valuable then SOK needlessly in Auction.

Goth Almighty

I have 30+ SoKs in my city, begging your pardon but I completely agree they're inefficient. However, I collect 500+ fps every day from my city so I dont think they're all that bad. Plus, compare them to a TF, for example. The level 1 TF only adds 5 fps daily in a 5x6 tile space, whereas, 6 SoKs takes up only 6x4 (or 4x6) tiles. Granted, the level 2 TF collects 12 fps daily so that's a no brainer. Still, removing 6 SoKs costs 6 SBs. So, every time I think about putting a SoK back in inventory, I just can't seem to pull the trigger (or I don't have enough SBs, whichever comes first).