• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Side Quests vs Repeated Quests

DeletedUser25920

I know that main story quests cannot be aborted.
Regarding the side quests though, my understanding was that if you complete or abort enough of them, you then get repeated quests which involve tasks you can do in your *current* age. Indeed I am HMA now, but i had stayed for quite a bit in EMA after completing the research and I was doing repeated quests.

Now I am about 3/4 through the HMA research. I think the previous side quest I got was to complete all HMA research. Since this was quite far off for me and the reward partly, I aborted it. I then got a side quest that asks me to build a cartographer which is an LMA building, and obviously I can not do that (and the reward is 10 silk, which is LMA good). I am afraid that if I abort it, I will get another task even further into LMA.
Wasn't I supposed to get repeated quests that I can actually do while in HMA?

Can someone clarify? What happens if I abort this quest? (although I will eventually in the future research cartography, so why forgo the 10 silk..? I feel the repeated tasks should appear withour someone having to forego some quests of the next age?)

DeletedUser8152

If you keep aborting you will get to the repeating quests, which will be for your age.

DeletedUser25920

Thanks for the confirmation Jaelis. I was afraid that aborting it would send me even further into the future :)
Pity that i will have to forego some LMA tasks, but i guess we can't have everything

DeletedUser1753

Are you already in LMA territory on the continent map? This may trigger LMA related side quests.

DeletedUser10415

Pity that i will have to forego some LMA tasks, but i guess we can't have everything

Now that we can get goods and units from the Guild Expedition map, skipping the side quests is mostly painless.

Mustapha00

With a few exceptions, I only do the "Gather xxxx Coins" and "Gather xxxx Supplies" repeatable side quests, as, with the proper city planning, it is possible to complete those multiple times per day and the rewards can be anything up to and including Diamonds.

I noticed that, almost immediately upon reaching a new Age, the game asks you to complete quests that might take weeks, if not longer, for you to complete, like opening ALL technologies in the new Age or having one of each Production Building in the new Age, etc. That the rewards are in no way keeping with the difficulty of completing those quests makes the decision to abort them very easy, but they are never offered again in that Age either when the time frame to complete might be a bit more reasonable. At that time, I called for an overhaul of the quest system to make such quests either more feasible to complete (perhaps by making them re-appear later on in progress thru the Age) or a massive increase in the reward offered (such as 1000 or more Diamonds to open all techs in an Age). Obviously, nothing happened and the problem still exists.

Algona

Good post Mustpha! Follow up question if you don't mind. What do you think of the collect 5 of a 24 hour production?

i can do that every other day. I've gotten the Diamonds on one, thinking about trying for the other 2, it just requires changing one set of prod buildings for another. My Chateau bonus is 100%. For the last month or so I've been able to do repeatables in Progressive. I'm bagging the 250K supply once a day, the 280K coin twice or three times a day. And yes, I'll admit giving Rinbin 50K coins and 60K supplies repeatedly until I got the Diamonds out of that as well.

DeletedUser25920

Are you already in LMA territory on the continent map? This may trigger LMA related side quests.
Yes I am. I have even completed the LMA main map, and started on the bonus LMA map. Can this affect the side quests? I thought they would depend on the progress on the tech tree only? (and my LMA side quests -which I aborted- were asking me to research LMA technologies, not scout/conquer LMA provinces)

I aborted the LMA task as Jaelis suggested, and the I got more generic side quests (like build x decorations, have fewer than 40 people available, have 350 people available). I am currently on this last one, and these are still normal side quests, not repeated ones.

DeletedUser13838

Except you can't get goods or troops from the
With a few exceptions, I only do the "Gather xxxx Coins" and "Gather xxxx Supplies" repeatable side quests, as, with the proper city planning, it is possible to complete those multiple times per day and the rewards can be anything up to and including Diamonds.

I noticed that, almost immediately upon reaching a new Age, the game asks you to complete quests that might take weeks, if not longer, for you to complete, like opening ALL technologies in the new Age or having one of each Production Building in the new Age, etc. That the rewards are in no way keeping with the difficulty of completing those quests makes the decision to abort them very easy, but they are never offered again in that Age either when the time frame to complete might be a bit more reasonable. At that time, I called for an overhaul of the quest system to make such quests either more feasible to complete (perhaps by making them re-appear later on in progress thru the Age) or a massive increase in the reward offered (such as 1000 or more Diamonds to open all techs in an Age). Obviously, nothing happened and the problem still exists.

The quests are not just based on where you are on the tech tree but where you are on the continent map as well. For example, if you progress far in advance of your era on the continent map, those research quests keep you in check or you'd be able to get troops/goods well above your own age. The storyline quests (the ones you cant abort) are designed to keep you moving forward in both areas. You don't have to complete them immediately unless you want the repeatable quests. You basically have to complete the er to get to them (I think).

Mustapha00

Good post Mustpha! Follow up question if you don't mind. What do you think of the collect 5 of a 24 hour production?

i can do that every other day. I've gotten the Diamonds on one, thinking about trying for the other 2, it just requires changing one set of prod buildings for another. My Chateau bonus is 100%. For the last month or so I've been able to do repeatables in Progressive. I'm bagging the 250K supply once a day, the 280K coin twice or three times a day. And yes, I'll admit giving Rinbin 50K coins and 60K supplies repeatedly until I got the Diamonds out of that as well.

Those quests tax my patience to be sure.

During the Summer Event, I'd still lean towards doing them because- potentially, at least- that ticket you get from completing the 24hr production quest could result in an SoK or a Reno Kit. Under other circumstances, no, I'll abort 24hr quests (unless the non-repeatable ones require something similar, which I want to say has happened a couple times).

You're in a similar situation as I had the good fortune to enjoy a while back. I had a city on Usceria which was in LMA I think and I had it set up so as to be able to produce enough supplies to complete the repeatable supply quest about three times a day. While getting coins or, worse, more supplies, as a reward was underwhelming, getting goods, fp packs or even Diamonds (rare, but it happened) was worth hanging out in that Age longer than I might otherwise have. I miss being in that situation...and I didn't even have a Chateau yet.

DeletedUser20367

The 24 hour quests are best in Bronze Age since you can put down a LOT of blacksmiths. HMA is also good since alchemists are also small. I had 16 alchemists running to complete that 24 hour quest 8 times a day and doing the collect coins quest while waiting for them to finish production. Good for building up goods, medals & FP packs. :D