• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

so sloooww!!!

ronknee

I don't know if the two are connected, but my windows 10 updated. Ever since FOE is loading so slow. I've waited 10 or 15 minutes and finally give up and log out. Anybody know what's going on?

Slybones7

Having the same problem since the windows update. Makes the game unplayable. Fortunately the mobile app is not affected so can still play on phone but pretty tedious due to the screen size. Same question - What's going on?

Agent327

Windows updates can cause a problem if software drivers get updated as well. Set the update back and prevent your drivers from updating. Then try again.

Alaskamel

my slowed down yesterday at 3PM PST lost half the graphics, its gotten a little better I texted tech support still waiting

OldSkewlNerd

If you're using Chrome, try a different browser. The game is pretty much unplayable with either Flash or HTML 5 using Chrome.

-Chen-

I've found that Opera always works the best/fastest for playing FoE, but I just tried Edge and I didn't have any major issues, just wan't as good as Opera.

ronknee

Edge is programmed by Windows to be optimised for Windows so would be worth a shot. Can’t guarantee how well it’d go for FoE though

FoE should be optimised for Chrome, Opera and Firefox Quantum (though obviously the latest Chrome update is causing a problem)
Edge is sloooww for me as well, maybe a tad bit faster than Chrome. Still makes FOE unplayable.

Drakewyn

The game runs fine on my iPad, but so slow as to be unplayable on my PC. I click on Battlegrounds and it gets stuck loading.

Other guildmates are reporting similar problems.

NYWarrior

Mine started to get real slow on Friday morning also with a Windows 7 desktop. I tried Chrome and edge but the same in both. Worked fine the day before. Nothing changed on the desktop. Works fine on a windows 10 laptop. Not sure what is going on.

ChrisMaz

Task manger shows 100% CPU use, My level up shows 100 of 110 when the points to level up are 440. Something went way wrong with the last update on the us server (Korch)

Emberguard

Mine started to get real slow on Friday morning also with a Windows 7 desktop. I tried Chrome and edge but the same in both. Worked fine the day before. Nothing changed on the desktop. Works fine on a windows 10 laptop. Not sure what is going on.
Chrome probably removed Flash or changed it in a way that doesn’t suit FoE and Windows 7 doesn’t use HTML5 well enough to properly play FoE. You’ll need to update the desktop to Windows 10 to get the updates necessary in browsers to play HTML5 sufficiently
Upcoming Changes

Remove the Ability for Extensions to Inject Flash Content Settings (Target: Chrome 86 - Oct 2020)

That update to 86 was due to be rolled out on Oct 6/7 and was definitely updated for some people by the 9th