• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

PJS299

Looks good enough. I'm excited about the Wisteria Windmill, but not for the terrible contrast between the field and the little badges. They were hard to see on beta, and they still look hard to see.

Ebeondi Asi

Last year I sat out several events. It is a bit harder for me to do now with the entrance of GE 5.and Titan. But iam sure I will be able to take a break again at some point.
Play your own game. !!! ;)
This event the Event building crazy powerful.. I will have to get that.

Dursland

Last year I sat out several events. It is a bit harder for me to do now with the entrance of GE 5.and Titan. But iam sure I will be able to take a break again at some point.
Fall Event is looking like a good one to take a break on. Already decided I'm not spending on that one, despite the Grape Stomping lv2 in Gold League.

Speaking of Gold League I'm going for that here, I want that Aegean Resort producer. If I can get it then my city will be making Phantom Towers, Buc's Bays, Sunhaven Palaces, and Aegean Resorts. I can literally just sit back and let the buildings roll out lol.

Not to mention Jesters and Pyr8/Hidden Goods. Plus Feta Farms I guess?

At this rate I'll be sitting out Halloween and Winter too. x)

Roby the Constant

I'm not a fan of the merge events although they are better than the ones that depend on luck alone. Looks like the change to inside/outside instead of left/right badges will help visually, but will still be hard to see on mobile. For me, these merge events take too long to complete strategically because you have to do the board three times to get all the colors merged - not always manageable when you have limited time and can only be on for a few minutes due to real life. I would rather have fewer events, each with different mechanics, say 1 per quarter, with highly meaningful prizes earned through effort (daily or strategic play) and skill.

The Lady Redneck

You can always sit out an event if you don't want to play it :)
I have done that. In fact I never put any effort whatsoever into any event any more. I do the quests if they fit in with my daily play of the game. Click the buttons and take what comes without giving any of it any thought at all. They are all at a stage that I find them mind numbingly boring. If I win something good enough, if not, no big deal. There will always be more of the same come along. Am pretty sure I would gain some interest if they were not being pushed at me all the time. But that is not likely to happen.

ScreamingZiva

Azure Athlon Abbey - Yuck! That completely ruins the aesthetics of part of my city. Why totally change the colors of an existing building (I know it's an upgrade and I don't have to use it but still)?

1692359486756.png

You can always sit out an event if you don't want to play it :)
Don't be silly, of course I want to play the events. I just don't want to spend my entire FoE life doing tedious long boring events. I want more time between events, shorter events that aren't boring and tedious, and interesting events that actually require some thinking, a bit of challenge.

I don't want every event every month to become "when will this stupidity finally be over?" like it is now.

What we need is about 8 events per year, each one 3 weeks long, no two alike, no boring brainless clicking, and each one requiring some actual problem-solving skills.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Don't be silly, of course I want to play the events. I just don't want to spend my entire FoE life doing tedious long boring events. I want more time between events, shorter events that aren't boring and tedious, and interesting events that actually require some thinking, a bit of challenge.

I don't want every event every month to become "when will this stupidity finally be over?" like it is now.

What we need is about 8 events per year, each one 3 weeks long, no two alike, no boring brainless clicking, and each one requiring some actual problem-solving skills.
This event does need thinking. And most events this year have been three weeks.

Lothar123

I miss the old historical events. They were short (a week or so, if I remember correctly) and simple, didn't take up much time per day, and when they were over you were left with a fairly unique, although admittedly not hugely powerful building. It was just enough to be fun and interesting without being tedious or difficult. I agree there should be fewer events, but it would be nice if some of the events were closer to the historical events than to a 3 week long, time-consuming slog.

This event does need thinking. And most events this year have been three weeks.
My guess is, events are good for business. All these over powerful buildings are too good for many to pass up. Ill bet the last event was profitable, with those going after the trailside smithy.

@UBERhelp1 ... "The 2023 Summer Event will run from 6th June 2023 to 8th July 2023"
That's 33 days.

Some have been shorter, but none less than 3 weeks.
And this coming event doesn't need much thinking, it's trivial, and already there is a "help" post from usual sources that means no one has to bother thinking, they just have to follow the formula. At least it's only 3 weeks long, but the break was too short.

@honey55 ... Yes, I agree that this is nothing more than an attempt for Inno to get back into the black, financially. Unfortunately, they are going about that very poorly, because a short term way to get money out of players at the expense of the game enjoyment and draw to new players is a long term disaster for them.

The fragmenting of everything has already discouraged new players who start and quit, and has annoyed long time players into quitting. I ran six cities for a long time, and used diamonds in all of them on a moderate scale. A few months ago, I mothballed three cities and now I only spend diamonds in three cities, primarily because the overall game became too tedious. So Inno is only getting less than half as much money from me as they used to, and it wouldn't surprise me to find out that even these massive new buildings aren't really bringing in that much.

Meanwhile, the excessively high productions of these new event buildings are seriously devaluing older ones that used to be desirable. The AD and a lot of quest rewards have become worthless because none of the old buildings available there are worth anything any more. Instead I'm producing a new, free 2x2 building every week(!) that gives me 3-11 FPs per day and a net 20% military boost. How does that compare to a 2x2 Shrine of Knowledge? How do nine of those compare to a CDM that takes 80 uplevels to get to half that much military boost and the same FPs?

It's a vicious circle of building inflation that Inno seems to be falling into. It's like a pyramid scheme that will eventually collapse. I hope they figure this out, because I'd sure like to continue playing the game as it was back when I enjoyed every day of it.

Ebeondi Asi

A good analogy is you think an introduction of a new model car means you have to throw away your old one because it is not as good as the new one? Same idea your espousing here Oakbrook. You say your cities are outdated because there are newer buildings ??? And if your cities are not the ultimate then you can't play??
I guess most players disagree with that assumption. (since they have been playing for years not being in the top 0.1% LoL.)

I have been playing the recent Events hard to get the city boost. Prior I had skipped a bunch of Events. And I'm certain I will find I can skip events again soon enough.
The combination of GE 5, and Titan opening has caused a bit of need to do a little more. and the actual super gains in Event Building stats are a favor to anyone who likes to play, (IE wanting to catch upa bit on city defense etc) It remains to be seen if the crazy high increases continue, or if there will be some leveling off. Hard to predict. But naturally the folks who love to complain will find plenty to complain about no matter what happens They can't help themselves. (I enjoy complaining about people who complain.. if that makes sense) ;)

I can say if the huge increases continue. Inno will be shooting itself in the foot. Since Whales will catch on (since some do read Beta forums) and not go crazy every Event. They will again slow down spending, since if in every event, the next will be even better. It is a dead end for Inno if they try to keep it up.
For myself even if they do endlessly hype up the Event buildings, I will start skipping events, since my city is "good enough". (I don't need to be in the top 0.1%... all I need to have fun... is to have fun.

Last edited:

xivarmy

@UBERhelp1 ... "The 2023 Summer Event will run from 6th June 2023 to 8th July 2023"
That's 33 days.

And this coming event doesn't need much thinking, it's trivial, and already there is a "help" post from usual sources that means no one has to bother thinking, they just have to follow the formula. At least it's only 3 weeks long, but the break was too short.

@honey55 ... Yes, I agree that this is nothing more than an attempt for Inno to get back into the black, financially. Unfortunately, they are going about that very poorly, because a short term way to get money out of players at the expense of the game enjoyment and draw to new players is a long term disaster for them.

The fragmenting of everything has already discouraged new players who start and quit, and has annoyed long time players into quitting. I ran six cities for a long time, and used diamonds in all of them on a moderate scale. A few months ago, I mothballed three cities and now I only spend diamonds in three cities, primarily because the overall game became too tedious. So Inno is only getting less than half as much money from me as they used to, and it wouldn't surprise me to find out that even these massive new buildings aren't really bringing in that much.

Meanwhile, the excessively high productions of these new event buildings are seriously devaluing older ones that used to be desirable. The AD and a lot of quest rewards have become worthless because none of the old buildings available there are worth anything any more. Instead I'm producing a new, free 2x2 building every week(!) that gives me 3-11 FPs per day and a net 20% military boost. How does that compare to a 2x2 Shrine of Knowledge? How do nine of those compare to a CDM that takes 80 uplevels to get to half that much military boost and the same FPs?

It's a vicious circle of building inflation that Inno seems to be falling into. It's like a pyramid scheme that will eventually collapse. I hope they figure this out, because I'd sure like to continue playing the game as it was back when I enjoyed every day of it.
You don't *have to* go read up strategy guides - you can come up with your own strategy. I mean the people who provide such strategies had to do that themself - you could too! (i do :) it would be dreadfully boring to just do what someone else told me to - i'm open to discussing options, but only after I've analyzed it myself. And I'm overtly opposed to watching any videos - hate that trend - can't speed-read a video)

I agree that duplication of minigames is unfortunate. I hate st patricks, but once a year I could shut up and either do it or not. Twice in 4 months was a bit much though. And while I don't mind winter event, it's a real shame we lost a unique summer event to duplicate it.

Soccerversary event most of the strategic decisions are big-picture (how much am i going to spend per day/per board on average? will i go for any full clears at all?) The actual gameplay is pretty much by rote I agree - just choosing a point when it's time to stop spawning more stuff, which you'll probably settle into what your trigger is to do so and that'll be that. It's not my favorite - but at least it's not that stupid St Fellowsrick Day :p

UBERhelp1

That's 33 days.

Most events this year have been three weeks.
  • Forge Bowl: 3 weeks
  • St. Patrick's: 3 weeks
  • Anniversary: 3 weeks
  • Wildlife: 3 weeks
  • Summer: 5ish weeks
  • Fellowship: 3 weeks
  • Soccer: 3 weeks.
What point are you trying to make here? Most of the events have been three weeks.