• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

Xenosaur

Honestly, I don't know if Inno designed the BLACK FLASK buildings they way they did on purpose, or by mistake. No matter, it's a honeypot design. SO yes, it's tempting, but don't go there.

For the last 2 months, I've had to aid my city everyday by hand or with MASS self-aids. I've taken extremely high counts of the single aid items from over 600 in inventory, to near 150.

All because the BLACK flask attack/defense boost generators I earned in an event, when placed, take all the first aids from friends, neighbors and guildmates.

The additional pain on this is that these items, once placed (Py-R8 Marauder, Paradise Rose, Hidden Goods), can't be turned off from being first.

Why not?

Because they don't require a road connection.

Once placed in a city, there is nothing you can do to get them to be attended to last, or not at all.

If you have 10, 12, 15 of these things out, they typically get the first aids (watch townhall activity logs after a collection for a review of the aiding focus by aiders). So now I need to remove these from my city (needing store buildings...), or self aid/mass aid around this - daily.

Why again? Let's face facts in this game: Fewer people aiding these days. Too much trouble or don't want to pay video watching time x 3 for 1) friends, 2) Guildmates, or 3) Hoodies - and there are fewer people in this game. The real pain is:

Aiding someone else doesn't obligate them to aid back.

So what this is coming to is this: People are going to remove that as something they do to others, since they're self aiding or mass aiding.

Without aids on critical event buildings, those buildings typically just give attack and defense boosts. Tons of goods and FP don't get realized or collected.
I've got 4 Nutcrackers out and everything related to this problem (Ketebo, too..) is BG doubled each day. But damn, this should NOT be happening. There is a gaping hole in a core game tenet like this, and if it's a strategy oversight, it should be fixed.

If it's on purpose, then Inno - you reap what you sow for players not being able to fix this without your help, and leave. If you run out of aids and can't get other gamers to aid you, your time and money spent are wasted.

In fact here's the sockdologer: I'd engage in video watching time for a MASS SELF AID on MY CITY, each day.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Honestly, I don't know if Inno designed the BLACK FLASK buildings they way they did on purpose, or by mistake. No matter, it's a honeypot design. SO yes, it's tempting, but don't go there.

For the last 2 months, I've had to aid my city everyday by hand or with MASS self-aids. I've taken extremely high counts of the single aid items from over 600 in inventory, to near 150.

All because the BLACK flask attack/defense boost generators I earned in an event, when placed, take all the first aids from friends, neighbors and guildmates.

The additional pain on this is that these items, once placed (Py-R8 Marauder, Paradise Rose, Hidden Goods), can't be turned off from being first.

Why not?

Once placed in a city, there is nothing you can do to get them to be attended to last, or not at all.

If you have 10, 12, 15 of these things out, they typically get the first aids (watch townhall activity logs after a collection for a review of the aiding focus by aiders). So now I need to remove these from my city (needing store buildings...), or self aid/mass aid around this - daily.

Why again? Let's face facts in this game: Fewer people aiding these days. Too much trouble or don't want to pay video watching time x 3 for 1) friends, 2) Guildmates, or 3) Hoodies - and there are fewer people in this game. The real pain is:

So what this is coming to is this: People are going to remove that as something they do to others, since they're self aiding or mass aiding.

Without aids on critical event buildings, those buildings typically just give attack and defense boosts. Tons of goods and FP don't get realized or collected.
I've got 4 Nutcrackers out and everything related to this problem (Ketebo, too..) is BG doubled each day. But damn, this should NOT be happening. There is a gaping hole in a core game tenet like this, and if it's a strategy oversight, it should be fixed.

If it's on purpose, then Inno - you reap what you sow for players not being able to fix this without your help, and leave. If you run out of aids and can't get other gamers to aid you, your time and money spent are wasted.

In fact here's the sockdologer: I'd engage in video watching time for a MASS SELF AID on MY CITY, each day.
A mitigating change would be that you can't attack someone if they have aided you within the past 24 hours. Of no interest to me because I have daily aid alls but I think this would improve the overall feel of the game to most players. Inno gets more videos watched and the lower players get a meaningful change at no extra cost to them but to simply aid as many neighbors as possible.

Pericles the Lion

Why not?

I don't recall the problem of fewer players aiding and the impact of that on getting buildings motivated being mentioned in the 2022 Winter Event Feedback thread but the solution to it surely was. That Event's main building, the Chocolatery, provides frags of the Nutcrackers and the Nutcrackers provide the valuable Mass Self Aid items. Fifteen nutcrackers generate 1 MSA item each collection. I aid everybody daily because I have a SV and really don't care if they respond in kind. Right after collecting my city I use a MSA and have no worries about motivation.

Jackshat

Definitely this. I know many players who are sad they missed out on the Nutcrackers because they need mass self aid kits, and they are looking forward to their hoped-for return in Winter event.
Indeed...held on to 15 due to their great value.

Darkest.Knight

I have a lot of the extra little items that always get aided first, but I only collect them every 2 or 3 days. When I do collect everything then I use an aid-all kit, otherwise I only need to aid 2 or 3 items daily. Not really a problem, I'm accumulating aid-all so it's not a "real" problem; it's only a problem when I don't have a minute to spare, lol.

Ebeondi Asi

I dropped the trees with goodies when I saw they were taking aid away. I have not planted any recent needing aid 1x1 buildings at all. I still have enough players aiding me every day to not need aid all bits.
Players who do not aid regularly get booted and I find players who do aid regularly. I have no plan to get hooked on aid all bits needed every day.
If you don't have enough players aiding you,.. that is not Inno's fault. It certainly is possile to have everything aided every day by players. Even in Titan with every expansion, packed solid. You have to work on your Friends list more often.

LoveNkind

I
Clearly we are talking about with diamonds here.

So which is better, 4 boards with higher spawns or 5 boards?
I am doing 4 boards, 12 spawns per board, with extras after that if it looks strong for needed badges. With no diamonds used yet, I am having no trouble yet getting plenty of footballs. It looks like I will get all the major items on page 4 of the prizes before the end of the event and then I don't care whether I keep up the pace. I am currently in Silver league and gaining slowly every day.

LoveNkind

I have a some questions...

Is 3 boards a day with 10 spawns on each alright for a non-diamond spender? Or should I be doing 4 boards? I don't know because I'm using the free reset each day to get a new board, because the day before I leave the board almost empty. See below question.

At the end of the day, I have a board with almost nothing left on it. It costs 80 to reset the board. Do I spend the 80 to get a new board and then do the board the next day, or do I wait and use the free reset the next day to get a new board? It's kind of confusing, I don't know how to phrase the question well...
Sounds like you will do better if you work harder on the daily quests so that you can do 4 boards per day, 12 spawns per board.
Once you have done the 80 reset, you do not have to finish that board until the next day.

Johnny B. Goode

It is not "stupid" to value one's entertainment. Many people pay $100 for football tickets. Others pay big money for other things I am personally not interested in.
$100 would only get you nosebleed tickets, if even that. I just paid almost $300 for two concert tickets and another $150+ for a hotel the night of the concert.

Sharmon the Impaler

It is not "stupid" to value one's entertainment. Many people pay $100 for football tickets. Others pay big money for other things I am personally not interested in.
If something goes for $14.99 and 6 months later it goes for $100 and it has no intrinsic or collector value then at that point buying it would not make much sense. It's not the amount it's the arbitrary inflation that makes it make no sense. I have spent $2500 for back stage passes for me and my girlfriend at the time. I was not buying the passes I was buying the memories of it. Not a football fan but understand a huge fan wanting the 50 yard seats on the final Superbowl game to witness their team win first hand and the sky high prices they command.

Dursland

$100 would only get you nosebleed tickets, if even that. I just paid almost $300 for two concert tickets and another $150+ for a hotel the night of the concert.
Interestingly enough $100 pretty much gets you only a nosebleed in anniversary event, unless you bought at 200%.

And even in Dilmun the 200% boost wouldn't guarantee you gold league.

Dilmun's Bronze is probably almost higher than your silver at 1,003 points lol.

Dursland

Finished today's boards and got my first Couples Resort down. Loving the stats and can't wait to get my finish special frags.

2008 progress. 139/137/138 keys. In Silver League on US29 Dilmun. Gold is at 2637.

Xenosaur

A mitigating change would be that you can't attack someone if they have aided you within the past 24 hours. Of no interest to me because I have daily aid alls but I think this would improve the overall feel of the game to most players. Inno gets more videos watched and the lower players get a meaningful change at no extra cost to them but to simply aid as many neighbors as possible.

Other "fair ideas" as well = You aid someone else, you get a "game generated" one back randomly on your own city. Do 10 aids outbound, get 10 back, do all 70 in the hood outbound, get 70 back from the city "AI".

PJS299

Sounds like you will do better if you work harder on the daily quests so that you can do 4 boards per day, 12 spawns per board.
Once you have done the 80 reset, you do not have to finish that board until the next day.
How do you work harder on the daily quests? :D They're daily! There's no way to work harder on them!
I finish each daily quest each day. The event quests and the daily quest that gives badges.

LoveNkind

SOLD OUT
The phrase means principles were betrayed. It comes from businesses, which are founded by starry-eyed dreamers who want to build better mousetraps of some kind. When these become successful, and make a lot of money, investors become interested and make offers. Sometimes, the new owners do well, but often, money is the ONLY thing they understand. Quality and customers become obstacles, rather than the point of the whole thing.

Inno has sold out. We learned at the level 5 GE time that Inno laid off half the employees. The new owners said Inno would now be more "efficient." We see this "efficiency" in this "soccer" game that isn't, and in the cheap re-use of old skins. The joy of creation is no longer the purpose of Inno. It is dollars everywhere.

We see the "dollars" mentality in the huge expansion of buffs from new buildings. In the short run, whales are excited and invest big $. But subtler aspects of the game are damaged.

The desire to degrade diamonds to encourage purchasing them has caused abominable giant pop-ups when collecting from your city. This annoyance can be handled by spending 5 diamonds to collect all at once. I have limited bandwidth, so giant pop-ups cost me. My ISP charges me extra when a certain amount of use is exceeded, or greatly slows down the connection. I can't quite make ends meet financially, so the cost is drastically slower web. Another degradation of the game showing that all the new owners care about is money.

I understand all games suffer this eventually, and the games die. I have no idea what can be done about this. Do any of you have any ideas?

Sharmon the Impaler

SOLD OUT
The phrase means principles were betrayed. It comes from businesses, which are founded by starry-eyed dreamers who want to build better mousetraps of some kind. When these become successful, and make a lot of money, investors become interested and make offers. Sometimes, the new owners do well, but often, money is the ONLY thing they understand. Quality and customers become obstacles, rather than the point of the whole thing.

Inno has sold out. We learned at the level 5 GE time that Inno laid off half the employees. The new owners said Inno would now be more "efficient." We see this "efficiency" in this "soccer" game that isn't, and in the cheap re-use of old skins. The joy of creation is no longer the purpose of Inno. It is dollars everywhere.

We see the "dollars" mentality in the huge expansion of buffs from new buildings. In the short run, whales are excited and invest big $. But subtler aspects of the game are damaged.

The desire to degrade diamonds to encourage purchasing them has caused abominable giant pop-ups when collecting from your city. This annoyance can be handled by spending 5 diamonds to collect all at once. I have limited bandwidth, so giant pop-ups cost me. My ISP charges me extra when a certain amount of use is exceeded, or greatly slows down the connection. I can't quite make ends meet financially, so the cost is drastically slower web. Another degradation of the game showing that all the new owners care about is money.

I understand all games suffer this eventually, and the games die. I have no idea what can be done about this. Do any of you have any ideas?
I am hoping MTG resells the rights to a gamer company once they've wrecked it so a company that is passionate about the user experience and innovation that they take pride in can take the helm. At the current rate it will be butchered in about 18 months so it can be resold at a heavy discount.

P C C

I aid everybody daily because I have a SV and really don't care if they respond in kind. Right after collecting my city I use a MSA and have no worries about motivation.
Taking this approach means your friends and guildmates (and hoodies) have no opportunity to get BPs or rewards from TT when aiding you, so I use MSA right before collecting instead of after. I guess that could risk a plunder, so maybe it's not worth risking if you may not be online when buildings are ready