• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

Dursland

I'm liking those Feta Farms. Got 3 planted so far and room for 5 more if I replace my statue of honor and a few nutcrackers. Plan to plant them!

3 aegeans should get me the fragments quickly.

Darkest.Knight

Over time everyone tries to organize items in order to reduce total road acreage used. To help create a bit of extra room I've removed roads from items that r a part of a set, sets keep their bonuses. The best was when I was able to remove all of the double roads, it freed up a lot of room. Phantom Tower is nice not needing a road, makes for a really compact corner in my town; more non-road buildings would be really "sweet," thought my kid was a real snowflake when he first said something cool was really sweet.

xivarmy

Over time everyone tries to organize items in order to reduce total road acreage used. To help create a bit of extra room I've removed roads from items that r a part of a set, sets keep their bonuses. The best was when I was able to remove all of the double roads, it freed up a lot of room. Phantom Tower is nice not needing a road, makes for a really compact corner in my town; more non-road buildings would be really "sweet," thought my kid was a real snowflake when he first said something cool was really sweet.
While not using road is certainly a nice perk for a building - and a nice tool to have *some* buildings in that category - it's rather important from a gameplay perspective that it's the exception, not the rule. Designing cities without roads (assuming you have the buildings) is considerably less challenging - so at least most of the best buildings should require one (more effort to fit them in efficiently should be more rewarding).

I'm not sure how I feel about things like the resort and feta farm which are two of the strongest buildings in the game in SAT not needing one. At least it'll be some time before they'll be a whole-city. I would not want main cities to become like the SAT colony (nothing requires road there) where you just slap down the right buildings and that's that.

Sharmon the Impaler

Some to the building's will need roads like the Jesters Stage for the finish all special , the Nutcracker Guard houses for the Aid Alls and the Pizzerias for the Store buildings and anything else that generates crucial fragments. GBs as well so it will never be like the SAT colony and a real challenge to remove as many roads as possible while keeping the city efficient.

Edward _MMXIII

Well ..... upgraded to Wisteria Windmill & went for Aegean Garden Resort (has a tiny windmill spinning) ... no need to finish quest line or be in silver league but I'll try to do both (silver has a wiiner plaza i could use instead of rotunda) !

Would really need to 'study' the need for paid prize lines, etc. , but too busy getting prepared for Valhalla .

Enjoyed my 11 year ride with FoE from the days 4 worlds were still in Beta to today Space Age Titan, which I may never get to visit .

I recall the old forum where 'anything goes' & Johnny b good was longshanks . That forum had some serious meme'ers ... they were annoyingly hysterical ; one is in this new forum , Algona & the other was Ardek ?

Last edited:

Toppcatt

IMO, the morons running Inno took what was a somewhat decent, along with very SIMPLE to play Event, and in true premium games fashion, ruined it by turning it into an Event that has at least twice as much clicking to do, than what ALL the previous Soccer Events did before. DOH!!

These morons running inno, seem to think that us Players have NOTHING else to do all day long, other than "playing" their crappy "product" all day long. I'm in the same boat as some of the other people posting here, in that because of the "get more money at any (horrible choices) cost" attitude of the people running Inno, I long ago swore they would NEVER get even another single cent from me ever again! LOL

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

Name caller's ad about zero to the game. Unless someone is doing a lot of fights it doesn't really take much time to "play" the game. If it's really so crappy easy choice to make, quit, lol.

Pericles the Lion

Whenever a new name shows up on the Forum bashing INNO I quickly review that players earlier contributions to the Forum to learn if they are someone to pay attention to, or not. Not.

Darkest.Knight

In regard to the current soccer event, I have no complaints; no one can really complain. Great items and easy enough to complete; bet some players filled up their towns with the new items. No need to spend diamonds; maybe next event I will.

As far as having a lot events, no reason it would be a problem; it's my choice whether to participate or not. The time between events can be a bit slow since I've lost some of my appetite for GbG fighting, do a moderate number of fights these days, 1000-2000/season.

Dominator - X

... no one can really complain...
Well, that settles it. As long as you make such a definitive statement, then everyone else should be happy and never express an opinion that shows any disappointment with this event. I mean, how dare they! What is there to complain about, right?

That's a wrap, guys. This is apparently a perfect event. Going forward, only dreamy comments expressing love for this event will be acceptable. Other comments need not be posted.

Pericles the Lion

Well, that settles it. As long as you make such a definitive statement, then everyone else should be happy and never express an opinion that shows any disappointment with this event. I mean, how dare they! What is there to complain about, right?

That's a wrap, guys. This is apparently a perfect event. Going forward, only dreamy comments expressing love for this event will be acceptable. Other comments need not be posted.
Yeah, @Darkest.Knight was being a bit overly optimistic. There will always be players that will come up with something, no matter how obscure or trivial, to complain about.

Darkest.Knight

lol, what if u can't manage to complete a strait forward chore it's someone else's fault. Sounds like someone prefers a little bit of pablum or as some say, "needs a little titty." Why would I encourage a poor gamer to complain? Please tell me what's perfect so I have something as a standard for comparison.

Last edited:

ScreamingZiva

This is my issue with this event:

1694267125291.png

Before anyone says anything, yes, I did my best balancing out my colors when selecting my bags. I just got way too many yellow pieces on my boards and not enough single yellow bags. There should be a way to convert them to another color. Even if it's a 2:1 conversion or something like that. I'd even take a 5:1 conversion at this point.

JJ597

Just love how those higher level members "rub our lower level faces" into how much they are benefiting from the event. My comment re: Soccer event is, the game is being speeded up for everyone, not just new players. A Shrine of Knowledge would give .25 per square of forge point, a Golden Goat now gives 1.25 per square. Wish I had them in all my worlds, but not willing to spend $.