• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2023 Feedback

xivarmy

Just love how those higher level members "rub our lower level faces" into how much they are benefiting from the event. My comment re: Soccer event is, the game is being speeded up for everyone, not just new players. A Shrine of Knowledge would give .25 per square of forge point, a Golden Goat now gives 1.25 per square. Wish I had them in all my worlds, but not willing to spend $.
You'll get some golden goal gyros (or feta farms, which are imo even better) off your aegean resort, for which you did not need to spend $ (I'm passing 4000 progress comfortably on my worlds that did not spend $ or diamonds - and you only need 3000 progress if you finish the questline to complete the aegean resort with golden upgrade).

Yes, it's being sped up for everyone - noone's denying the power creep (or surge as the case may be :p). Just the comparison back to a SoK was a bit far as those have been eclipsed for years already with many buildings matching or exceeding their FP while providing significant other benefits.

The more telling contrast is comparing current buildings back to something like the eagle mountain. Which at the start of this year would've been considered one of the best buildings in the game that you wanted as many as you could get (I did stock up on them during some of the early events of the year) - and now is basically filler until you get something better to replace it (and I say this with my main city having 20+ of them that it'll take quite some time to replace - there's still a few buildings ahead of them in that removal queue).

Or the 1-of a kind settlement buildings, that often aren't as good as a main event building anymore outside of special cases.

Darkest.Knight

Since my new 13-day old town will have an Aegean Couples Resort after the upgrade from the last day I'd say the event was particularly easy. lol, I'd say it's my excellent skills but it's the event was easy.

Sharmon the Impaler

This event was beneficial to both whales and F2P. The whales basically had no top end and the F2P got most of the golden updates and a full event building with no diamonds spent. This can be seen in the larger spread between Silver and Gold. Silver is basically very active F2P and Gold is people who spend this time. Normally if it favors P2P or F2P you will get between 500-800 spread , I am seeing a 1200 point spread in Q.

Last edited:

Dominator - X

IMO, the morons running Inno took what was a somewhat decent, along with very SIMPLE to play Event, and in true premium games fashion, ruined it by turning it into an Event that has at least twice as much clicking to do, than what ALL the previous Soccer Events did before. DOH!!

These morons running inno, seem to think that us Players have NOTHING else to do all day long, other than "playing" their crappy "product" all day long. I'm in the same boat as some of the other people posting here, in that because of the "get more money at any (horrible choices) cost" attitude of the people running Inno, I long ago swore they would NEVER get even another single cent from me ever again! LOL
At least with the previous soccer events, you "felt" like you were playing soccer. This spawning garbage is outright boring. I even perfected my mad soccer skills during the "real" soccer events. I got so good, that I never had the ball stolen and I NEVER missed a shot on goal. Perfect every time. Same with the football event. Never had my passes intercepted and I scored on every single drive. Until I ran out of footballs, that is. I really hope they don't ruin the football event with this spawning junk.

Big-Bendz

One big sore point to me is the fact that when one clears most of one color, getting spawns of that color become exceedingly rare. With one blue left i spawned over a dozen, and not one blue came up. That is very typical of this minigame / this mechanism. and One huge reason to spawn all you want immediately, instead of working one color hoping you can fnish off
if it was actually spawning randomly.. but from the last event of this type, and now again it is obvious the percentages get rigged anytime you really need a color and you cleared most of them ... you never get it.
So that also makes me way less likely to spend money on this kind of event, No matter how good the prizes. :mad:
Plus not getting any 200% Diamond offers. When I got them I spent twice as much actual cash as now. I used to spend Diamonds like water, now I am frugal as can be, ;) LoL
Totally agree. I wait for the 200% and then buy diamonds. It's been a LONG time since I've seen it and so now I wait.....

AyeMatey

This is the first time I have completed an event and not been rewarded with a fully leveled event building – the Aegean Resort. I feel like all my goods, resources and precious time were wasted. I’ve finally reached the point where I do not enjoy nor want to finish events that are getting longer and longer. The demand for coins, supplies and happiness are insanely expensive, and draining on my city. Why are the game devs making events like this… for money?

Bring back the fun we used to have completing events. Give us time to recuperate our resources before springing another event upon us. Most important, please lower the demand for coins, supplies and happiness. To demand 2 to 3 million for these resources is outrageous. I like playing FoE but events, not so much anymore. Hope the game devs out there are listening to us.

Edward _MMXIII

You can no longer 'dilly-dally' once an event begins ..... i am the F2P and thought I could hold silver league. With the last few hours 'deals' I was bumped down to bronze but was satisfied getting 2 level 2 winner Plazas from the bronze league reward kit and the last day's 2023 soccer ⚽️ kit . I did pay 220 diamonds for extra balls to get that kit ; Future GE / GbG diamonds will pay off that < 220 >.

No dilly dallying....either start engaging the event or decide not to play !

P.S. : How did you get over 160 yellow ? I was lucky to get a few daily quests but as F2P the colors always seemed to balance out.

honey55

I don't really enjoy this event. I got better at it over time but weary of it. I did do it in both my cities. My main city i did 4 10's. My other city i did 3 14 or 15 most the time and wasn't as careful. Getting it over with was the goal there. What surprised me was i ended up in silver in both cities. I easily got the compete event building in both cities and the 3 golden up grades, but i did play daily and am in older cities A and H. If i had to do over i probsbly would have used diamonds and tried for gold league in my main world. I didn't think ït was feasible to try at the end of the event as i think it would cost to many diamonds starting that late. I never totality cleared a board.

If they were to do this event again, I'd like to suggest to put all the locked ones on one side so when you add your 10 or so they are not mixed in. It was too easy to over look an unlocked one on the phone and it was annoying having to look for them.

Ironrooster

This event is not hard, but it is tedious. I suggest this event mini game be retired. Bring back the pirate's wheel that was really fun.

I only fully played this event in my main city. The others just collected the daily specials and spent what they could at the end.

Sir Brandon Starr

I enjoyed most of the event. It required some real planning and I got well past silver league easily with no diamonds. I got close enough to Gold that I ended up spending 6k diamonds to get to gold league at 5990 points with 5892 being the cutoff on S world. I can get that in about 2 months from my diamond farms.

But please Inno, if you do introduce this event again in the future, please get rid of 4 star spawns. I lost track how many times I got annoyed and frustrated because a 4 star spawn went to waste. Also, please make sure each color has at least 1 possible badge that can be made. Yesterday, I managed to come across a board with 8 or 9 blue pieces with all frames. Other than those issues, it was a nice event.

Dursland

I got the Event League Results in the message board, but never got the rewards, did they show up somewhere?
Try typing 'event' or 'league' in your inventory search box and it should pop up the box. Open that box and you'll get the rewards.

Emberguard

P.S. : How did you get over 160 yellow ? I was lucky to get a few daily quests but as F2P the colors always seemed to balance out.

To min-max as Free-to-Play you'd want to only spend for part of a board, then reset it once it's no longer economically profitable to keep going on the same board.

If you keep spawning pieces, but those pieces can't merge into anything, that's where you're wasting Event currency. If you spawn 5 pieces that don't do anything that's already 50 currency gone for no gain. But the reset might have only cost 20 currency, so had you reset you'd have an additional 3 pieces to spawn on the next board. So on and so forth. Just some quick math here, if you're always doing 4 boards a day and over spending by 50 currency each board, that ends up costing you 4,200 event currency that spawned pieces but didn't give any progress at all. If you only do 3 boards a day and overspend by 5 pieces that drops down to 3,150 event currency.

You get a total of 10,020 currency to play with, plus incidents. So the closer you can get on figuring out how many pieces to spawn and when to reset the board the better your result is going to be

If you only have black pieces left to merge into, but no coloured pieces anywhere on the board then there's also no point in over spending as even if you manage to merge you miss out on the progress from the chests. It might be worth doing a couple spawns if there's a lot of locked pieces at 4 stars as then you only need one piece to clear all of them, but you don't want to over do it.

Generally my method was to do boards for the reset cost of 0-20-40-80 and then stop. Later on I stopped at 0-20-40 as I was running out of currency