• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Titan Feedback

honey55

I just moved up to Titan today after ge started. I started the map yesterday. I used diamonds all but one or maybe 2 times to get 3 exploration sites and one goods.. i opened all my boathouse chests and bp packages. Ive got as far in the tech tree to get one colony goods building. Idonated to i think one Titan gb. I aided everyone. At first going in cities to donate to titan buildings. I wasted a lot of time and didn't get one bp. Gave up and watched 3 ads and let the game take over and did get some. Im missing 1 in one gb, 2 in another and 5 on the hydra. I have over 5000 goods. Pretty good day i guess for a free to play player.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

One small problem. The (tiny) images of the fighting troops in the selection area (when choosing for a fight) are all very similar. they all have very complex designs in the same colors where nothing stands out.. ( I remember LMA Era has a similar sort of problem, but using very heavy complex black line drawings. i actually moved up sooner just to get away from that.)
Even on a 17" Laptop it is very hard to tell them apart. For players on a phone they would need eagle eye to tell the difference. The real problem is for players with even minor vision problems they will all look identical. At least on the actual battlefield they look diffeernt.
It's really is clear that no one at Inno pays any attention to problems like this. (or even they think it is a funny 'joke' on player with poor vision?
Because they do this over and over again. Look at the Soccer event coming up, They made the two differntiating parts so tiny so hard to see they had to change them. that is very common.

Bobbif

The frustration with the new Titan era and the cost of goods, fps, and diamonds is likely going to be the thing that finally pushed me over the edge to just quit playing at all. Gaming is suppose to be fun - not frustrating and outrageously expensive. FOE in general was borderline for the last 2 years and now is just over-board.

honey55

Also, some seem to be able to produce plenty of goods. Not sure goods will be as rare as predicted. Someone in my guild is offering to sell goods to lower ages players already. He only has one of the gbs up himself, almost done with level 11. Maybe they'd have to wait for the goods, but I'm pretty sure there'll be lower age players with the new gbs before me since some will use diamonds to buy lots of the bps. This is sure to bring in plenty of money to Inno as many titan players are also using lots of diamonds to speed up the map and drop the gbs.

Pericles the Lion

Also, some seem to be able to produce plenty of goods. Not sure goods will be as rare as predicted. Someone in my guild is offering to sell goods to lower ages players already. He only has one of the gbs up himself, almost done with level 11. Maybe they'd have to wait for the goods, but I'm pretty sure there'll be lower age players with the new gbs before me since some will use diamonds to buy lots of the bps. This is sure to bring in plenty of money to Inno as many titan players are also using lots of diamonds to speed up the map and drop the gbs.
Hmm. I'm in Titan and regular goods production is definitely a bottleneck to progress. Even with a lot of GBG, hitting the abort limit with a L125 CF, aiding with a L92 SV, and collecting with a L91 BG the goods are slow to come. I have Hydra built but need to wait on the goods for the other 2. I won't be selling goods for a long time...if ever.

KeithOfTheForge

1689164857817.png

Is there really any reason to use the new units for attacking (I've only unlocked the Permafrost Drone so far)? Yes, it has a 5% better chance for Keen Eye but the total attack seems to balance out (except for Hills and Rubble). And, the Drone has a shorter range than the Glider.

KeithOfTheForge

I am still finding this out and will follow this up later. I have tried them all in various manual fighting scenarios and the removal of contact nerfs the ranged unit in SAT and negated any percentage increase in attack strength
I just auto all of my battles. I'm not sure what you mean by "removal of contact".

Ebeondi Asi

i was just lucky I realized just the right tool (finish all special production) to 'win' at Titan goods before the Summer event ended, so I could gather the needed tool to collect my city over and over. Doing so between twenty seven and thirty eight times in a few hours each of my Cities. If I would have thought of it sooner. I could have done so more than fifty to a hundred times.. But the times I was able to do collection was more than enough to have plenty f Titan goods. And Titan goods are king this Era.

Last edited:

PJS299

i was just lucky I realized just the right tool (finish all special production) to 'win' at Titan goods before the Summer event ended, so I could gather the needed tool to collect my city over and over. Doing so between twenty seven and thirty eight times in a few hours each of my Cities. If I would have thought of it sooner. I could have done so more than fifty to a hundred times.. But the times I was able to do collection was more than enough to have plenty f Titan goods. And Titna goods are king this Era.
That's actually smart. I have a couple of them, but I'm only in Indy, so I have no use for them right now... They'll probably be one of those things that sits in my inventory for years and I justify it as "just in case."

xivarmy

One significant downside, in addition to AO functionality, to trying to continue using the Jupiter units is changes to the hidden stat that determines move order.

Harpoon Grenadiers (SAJM ranged) have equal initiative to Overclock Orbiters (SAT artillery) - i've been using mass overclock orbiters to take them out in small numbers in SAJM GBG quite cleanly. Pressurizers (SAT ranged) have higher initiative (and thus always move before the artillery and do significant damage - noted from PvP arena bots). But as long as there's no artillery, contact + rogue advantage is likely to make grenadiers still a valuable tool.

Permafrost Drones (SAT fast) also have higher initiative than Abyssal Gliders (SAJM fast) - and thus any 8 abyssal glider comps will take initial hits from any permafrost drones on defense. 8 Abyssal Gliders may be better than 8 Permafrost Drones against a defending army with no Permafrost Drones though - but there's generally a better attack against such an army: Overclock Orbiters (SAT Artillery).

That said, that doesn't mean their SAT counterparts are great - the reduced range of the fast and the no-contact on the ranged does make them less powerful than the SAJM experience.

The powerful unit this time is the Overclock Orbiter - but it has a strong counter (flying Permafrost Drones) and a weak counter (ranged Pressurizer that moves before the orbiters and can often hit them first) so you can't use it all the time.

---

If you're insist on fast autobattling it seems likely that defense for attacking army will be more important than ever in this age as you'll want to minimize the damage taken by units that all have downsides that make them less than perfect. Permafrost Drones are probably the most general unit - and if coupled with good defense (read: at least 50% higher than your attack, if not more) are usable against everything. Without good defense, you're probably going to be taking a lot more losses due to their imperfections.

But this is also an age that rewards changing your army depending on the composition of the defense. Fitting in Overclock Orbiters wherever they work well enough will push your attrition way higher than resting on one solid army.

qaccy

That's what I just said , it is deliberately shorted. They coded the good to be short for the first 3 weeks or so like they did with the Harpoons last era. It doesn't matter how they are shorted , but they are definitely deliberately shorted
You're phrasing tech tree costs a lot more maliciously than they really are lol. Could you even propose a solution to this 'problem'?

xivarmy

You're phrasing tech tree costs a lot more maliciously than they really are lol. Could you even propose a solution to this 'problem'?
It'd be straightforward enough to "fix" - often the shortages are caused by back to back techs demanding the same good repeatedly coupled with story rewards that are mostly for the other goods. Distribute things out more evenly or provide story rewards that are heavier on the goods in demand early and the experience wouldn't happen.

But I think they believe that having goods go through phases of scarcity makes for a more interesting experience on release of a new age. I think I agree to some extent - though I'm not sure how important it really is.

xivarmy

Tickets are the bottleneck for most and I am just going to let the colony do it's thing for a few days before planting some Compressed Materials factories :

View attachment 20507
Tell me about it! I really miss the early "good for credits" house from other space ages this era. This era only has the 3 houses: the initial bad-at-everything house. the best-at-population house. and the very deep in the tree "you probably don't worry about credits anymore but this one is very good at it" house.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
I have removed a bunch of posts that were either off topic, Inno Bashing (which is really not feedback, come on guys) or conspiracy theories. This is a post to leave feedback not a place to have a tea party with a side order of I hate the company. Can we please keep it on topic

Lothar123

I was really hoping to use the new expansions to smooth out the bump-outs and knobs along the periphery of my city, turning it into something very close to a rectangle. Unfortunately, the only available expansions make my city even more irregular, which is more annoying than it should be. Inno, next time, please open expansions we can use to square off our cities rather than forcing them into an irregular shape.

The Lady Redneck

Well so far things mostly seem to be going OK. It is my first time of moving up to the latest ERA when it opened. Am not hurrying anything and not spending diamonds. So far got 16 techs done. Almost finished the Cmap. Got HYDRA in the mud. Goods are a bit slow. Or maybe not, it probably seems that way as so many are needed compared to previous Eras. My one gripe are the troops. Have tried all different combos and they are nothing to write home about. They do look pretty though and would probably be great for leading a parade.