• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Special Events regards just get poorer and poorer.

Dr Mac 100

I have to say that the special events of the last year have been pretty sad. The rewards have gotten worse and worse. They are at the point I see little need to waste the time playing them. The latest Soccer events has been terrible. WHat used to be one of the better events of the year has been a huge disappointment. 90% of the rewards I have received have been more player cards! They are useless because you just use them in the Tournament to win MORE player cards! If it is not junk like this in the events, it is pieces of large buildings that you can never acquire all of, so they are useless. INNO/FOE has made everything about buying diamonds. Now we can't even obtain good rewards from then special events without spending money.

I used to spend a few bucks, but have stopped. I see less and less return on it. This game is quickly becoming and bore.

UBERhelp1

I have to say that the special events of the last year have been pretty sad. The rewards have gotten worse and worse. They are at the point I see little need to waste the time playing them. The latest Soccer events has been terrible. WHat used to be one of the better events of the year has been a huge disappointment. 90% of the rewards I have received have been more player cards! They are useless because you just use them in the Tournament to win MORE player cards! If it is not junk like this in the events, it is pieces of large buildings that you can never acquire all of, so they are useless. INNO/FOE has made everything about buying diamonds. Now we can't even obtain good rewards from then special events without spending money.

I used to spend a few bucks, but have stopped. I see less and less return on it. This game is quickly becoming and bore.
I just got tons of hippodrome kits that will let me make a massive track, for free. It's not the events that are the problems. Save up all your event currency for the day that there's a prize you want, then spend all of it to increase you chances of winning those prizes.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Gentiana Windmill (People call it trash) : 4x5, gives 11 fp, 30-25 goods, and 16% atk def in BA
Olympic Treasury (People build Rows of them) : 4x5, gives 8 fp, 25 goods, and only 10% atk def in BA
And you can add as much attack to it as you want, road free, at 1% per square.

Or fp at 0.5fp per square, which is equivalent to a level two SoK, but again no road needed, so better.

Not the pentacle building out there, but no slouch either.

Just An Observer

I put into storage all my D (for attack) event buildings and replaced them with Sentinel Level 2's. That opened up more space to increase my Attack. Thanks to this event I was able to glom onto a large amount of Sentinel upgrade kits that let me make this move.

Couldn't disagree more. If anything, the last year or so has seen Inno going Monty Haul. I do events for the event buildings and the event buildings are far better now than anything in the past. I've dumped quite a few old event buildings to make room for new ones simply because the new event building are far more efficient per tile than anything offered even a couple years ago. Sure, the freebies along the way are nice, particularly love Stage of Ages and I'll take every sleigh builder and SO I can get my hands on, but I do events for event buildings. And considering how many SOs and SofAs I've gotten I would say getting worthwhile freebies isn't all that difficult, and no, I haven't spent a single diamond getting them. There's a very simple trick, wait until the freebies you want become part of the daily special for the event and then spend your event currency. If you spend your event currency when the event is offering crap then it stands to reason you'll get crap rewards.

ethanhunt2025

I like Gentiana. Too bad i couldn't level up to 8. But i completed all 55 quests. yesterday. It was fun. Goods, forge points, BPs, some useful special building, some useless special buildings.

Ebeondi Asi

The conflict is in "Power Creep" vs "more"
On the side of anti power creep are? some inno programmers managers. On the side of 'More" all players except ??
I can see both sides. and controlling Power Creep allows me to stop spending lots of real money !!! I can float through several Events without spending a penny. Then when the finally offer a good event I can spend.
One thing the planners fail to realize is they need planned obsolescence of Event Buildings. Older Event buildings should not be as good as new ones. They look for ways to get players to spend. and fail to take that into account.

Just An Observer

Another aspect to toss in would be the footprint. Carousels, Checkmate Squares and Winner's Plaza were all 3x3. Then we got Stage of Ages at 4x4. Having some solid performing buildings that have different dimensions would be nice. It would also challenge those who build their city to consider how to make use of the space for these newer sized buildings.

FOBBY

Last year we got the Eagle Mountain. This year we’ll get the Heroes’ Tavern. These 2 buildings are, for lack of a better word, overpowered (don’t forget the House of Wolf either). You need to understand that Inno HAVE to sprinkle these superior prizes throughout the year, or else they’ll collapse the game itself due to power creep.

CDmark

Well, I went thru the last year of events and the only 2 I didnt like at all,
2021 halloween - that circus (DS house of horrors kits and even Asylum kits)
2021 fall - crops (DS harvest fields kits)
Both of those had great daily specials. I actually had a similar thought and I think it was bcs the fall and halloween events were back to back bad.

Other events
2021 wildlife eagle mountain is great
2021 summer pirates attack/FPs .80/tile A/D chain bldgs (DS Gov Villa but wheel dependent)
2021 winter canals choice of attack or defense (DS train)
2022 forge fiore defense (DS terracotta - me not a fan but new players FPs)
2022 st pats celtic farm attack and FP (DS druid temple - not bad)
2022 10th Golden Orrey defense (DS stages of ages - many like)
2022 arch Butterfly Gardens - not a fan of the set but garden usable ( DS ferris wheel)
2022 soccer Windmill - best chain attack and def buildings (DS hippo or tracks)

So, 80% usable for many. Lots of sentinels gotten too.

Last edited:

Not only from the last year but from the last couple of years.. I haven't used any of the events main prize buildings since last year. The buildings are becoming bigger and bigger with every year that goes by and its not helping. The only players benefiting from these buildings are the noobies. You check any experienced players city and you will see there isn't any space left or not enough of it for the huge buildings given in events, making them useless. The last decent sized building was Stages of ages, we need more buildings of similar size, otherwise it makes events not worth doing and when that happens, the game becomes boring to say the least. Personally, i don't use the Antiques dealer because there's absolutely nothing i need from it, so after each event, my inventory loads up with garbage

Pericles the Lion

Not only from the last year but from the last couple of years.. I haven't used any of the events main prize buildings since last year. The buildings are becoming bigger and bigger with every year that goes by and its not helping. The only players benefiting from these buildings are the noobies. You check any experienced players city and you will see there isn't any space left or not enough of it for the huge buildings given in events, making them useless. The last decent sized building was Stages of ages, we need more buildings of similar size, otherwise it makes events not worth doing and when that happens, the game becomes boring to say the least. Personally, i don't use the Antiques dealer because there's absolutely nothing i need from it, so after each event, my inventory loads up with garbage
To each their own. I built Fiore', Celtic Farm, Orrery, Butterfly Gardens (gardens only) and the Windmill. All are good for my attacking army A/D boost.

Graviton

... You check any experienced players city and you will see there isn't any space left or not enough of it for the huge buildings given in events, making them useless.

It's the event buildings from years past that become useless, as they are replaced by more powerful newer event buildings. For example, I loved the Black Tower when it was first released but I torn it down when newer event buildings came along that were better.